[2.0 beta] +10 effects on items are now +9

viledruid

Question

10 answers to this question

Those values were already reduced in an earlier patch, if I remember correctly. The really weird thing though is that on some items lower values are displayed in addition to those that you actually receive. Here's an example:

DGeWrcN.png

So, it says +9 Fortitude and +4 Fortitude (or Reflex, respectively) when only the higher of those numbers is applied. I always thought that this was kinda odd.

Hello Viledruid,

This is intended. The bonuses from those items were lowered for balancing reasons. 

@CptKangaroo, I was unable to find an item that produced duplicated stats at lower values. Could you please up load a save file and an output log via dropbox and post the link here? 

Thank you for your support.

Hi Aarik,

here's the requested link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dxnqkaupw0m01oo/AAAJxSfg3XpwoKWgj-yHDnzQa?dl=0

Btw: the same problem described in http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81142-20-bug-draining-weapons-no-longer-drain/?do=findComment&comment=1720457 applies to the "draining"-Items in the save-file.

Cheers.

Edited by CptKangaroo

Hi Aarik,

I used the IEMod in order to reset my companions pre 1.06. All items were regular drops or bought from vendors. I hope the mod didn't mess up anything. I could try to reinstall the game. But that strange display-bug occurred before I installed IEMod, if i remember correctly.

Hey CptKangaroo,

Ah, that could be your problem then. I don't think you have to reinstall the game, just simply uninstall IEMod and see if that clears it up. If it is indeed IEMod that is casing this issue, then unfortunately there is nothing we can do on our end as we can offer any support on the mod.

You could try verifying the integrity of the game cache first and see if that fixes it. Go to your steam library -> Right click Pillars of Eternity -> Click Properties -> Local Files -> Verity integrity of game cache.

If its still there, uninstall IEMod and verify the cache again. 

Cheers!

Hi Aarik,

thanks for your help. As far as I can tell, IE Mod is automatically uninstalled whenever the game is updated (at least it says so on the mod's homepage), which means that I didn't use it since patch 1.06. I tried the steam-intgrity-thingy ;) but the item description remains the same. It's not really a big deal to me, since everything seems to be working as intended. And since I seem to be the only person who has this weird bug and it doesn't effect gameplay in any kind of way, I don't see any point in further looking into the issue. But thanks again for your immediate reaction. I have to say, I'm really impressed with QA at Obsidian in general. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to playing The White March and many more games to come in the future.  :grin: 

• Like 2

Is it possible that ring is an old item that was fixed in some patch? I clearly remember having that exact ring at somer point (don't have access to the game atm to check), with the char sheet stating all the bonuses, but the lower ones were supressed. I haven't encountered that in any further playthroughs though.

But thanks again for your immediate reaction. I have to say, I'm really impressed with QA at Obsidian in general. Keep up the good work!

+1.

You are doing a very good job (both QA and programmers). The game is fantastic and update 2.0 will make it even more so :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus