Boots of evasion: Is that a joke?

I'd wear that. Near the beginning of the game, when foot items aren't exactly dropping from the trees. It's clearly not meant to be amazing.

It's worth pointing out that D&D 3.5 has Boots of Reflex +1. They showed up in NWN.

I'd wear that. Near the beginning of the game, when foot items aren't exactly dropping from the trees. It's clearly not meant to be amazing.

It's worth pointing out that D&D 3.5 has Boots of Reflex +1. They showed up in NWN.

At the beginning of the game you get a Minor Cloak of Protection which gives +5 Fortitude, +5 Reflex, +5 Will, you also get Fulvano's Glove which gives +5 Reflex and finally quite early on you can also get Fulvano's Boots which gives +1 Constitution.

Edited by MathieuG89

At the beginning of the game you get a Minor Cloak of Protection which gives +5 Fortitude, +5 Reflex, +5 Will, you also get Fulvano's Glove which gives +5 Reflex and finally quite early on you can also get Fulvano's Boots which gives +1 Constitution.

How many of those cloaks do you get, exactly, again? This game wasn't really designed for soloing, you know.

How many of those cloaks do you get, exactly, again? This game wasn't really designed for soloing, you know.

Good point lad, somehow it didn't even come close to my mind that most people played Pillars of Eternity with a bunch of other characters. I've always played theses games (Baldur's Gates, Icewind Dales etc..) as a single player character. I can't manage a party and I find it terribly tedious and boring. But what you said makes a lot sense, theses items can be equiped on different companions wherea they suppress each others on a solo character. Still, +2 Reflex is terrible... they could've made it +5 Reflex at least.

Good point lad, somehow it didn't even come close to my mind that most people played Pillars of Eternity with a bunch of other characters. I've always played theses games (Baldur's Gates, Icewind Dales etc..) as a single player character. I can't manage a party and I find it terribly tedious and boring. But what you said makes a lot sense, theses items can be equiped on different companions wherea they suppress each others on a solo character. Still, +2 Reflex is terrible... they could've made it +5 Reflex at least.

Later on in the game you do find things like that. These boots--and a handful of other cloaks, gloves, etc.--are meant as lowbie equipment for the early game, or as vendor fodder later in the game. They're never meant to be impressive or to make a huge difference, but just to provide an edge at the early point when +2 reflex actually helps against a Weak Dart Trap or something.

It looks like a joke. Haha.

+5 to defenses items are quite popular, and then you have ring, and sometimes items with sole +5/+10 to Ref.

So this one is almost useless.

It is not important. But it is a shade, since it could be done better, like having bonus for deflection when disengaging, or big bonus to aoe defense (there is code piece for Rangers ability).