2.0 Bug? Draining weapons no longer drain

viledruid

Question

22 answers to this question

The same applies to "The Rose of Salthollow" :-(

The affix isn't even listed in the item description anymore and its cost reduced from the echantment value. Really weird.

jUSCNkL.png

byWspPu.png

GeHOQro.png

I really hope, those items will be reverted to their original state once the bug is fixed.

• Like 1

I honestly doubt this is a bug.

Oidreacht in particular is way OP for when it drops, it is arguably the best tanking weapon in the game and it drops ~lvl4 off of a gimpy very easy to beat monster. On my last play through I used it until ~lvl11 when I just didn't need the draining anymore and something marginally better dropped.

Act I and Act III are totally out of balance. You end up getting all the gear you will ever need in the beginning of the game.

I hate to see the enchantment go, but hopefully this is part of an over all rebalancing of the game, and the effect has been added to some Act III unique item.

It is sad nerf.

Draining/Lifesteal is Holy Grail of every martial character. Best enhancement ever.

So it drops in easy location? What is a problem here? Does it really hurt so much that you can get something nice early?

There is pleanty of weapons which are good but are relativly easy to get. Like helmet in Eothas Temple, Roderick Greatsword, Hold Wall. Are there plans to nerf them all?

Also when i first played game, even on normal, this spider queen wasnt easy. ;-( And it is much cooler to have this weapon you looted from early boss, than "Meh, every cool weapon you get from merchants at the end of game anyway".

Edited by evilcat

Noting wrong with getting something nice early, especially when you have 6 chars that need nice stuff. The problem is that ALL the nice stuff drops early, and most of it from wimpy mini-bosses. The ogre queen on the 3rd level is much harder and this would be a better place for a downgraded version of Oidbreacht to drop. Draining is fine, it should just be on something weaker and slower, not  what is arguably the best tank weapon in the game. I want end-game stuff to drop in Act III near the end game, and I want to really work for it. A slightly upgraded version of Oibreacht should drop from the Sky Dragon, not a wimpy spider queen that can be killed at lvl4.

I gave my min/max Orlan fighter Oibreacht and tanked the Adra Dragon + adds and only used two potions of restore moderate endurance plus the Watcher spells while my group wore him down. The weapon is not just nice, it is extremely nice and is seriously OP for anything under lvl9.

Hopefully all the early OP drops are getting a nerf and the disappointing late game drops with get a boost. Maybe leave a few really nice things as a reward for hard bosses or the harder early quests - the reward for finishing the Knights quest for example pretty much sucks and could use a nice enchantment.

Hey Everyone,

@viledruid you mentioned that the weapons had the enchant when you got the item, but as soon as you reloaded the file, the enchant was missing. Could you please upload a save file along with an output log via dropbox and post the link here? If possible, do you have a save before you fought the spider queen?

Thanks a bunch!

Hey Everyone,

@viledruid you mentioned that the weapons had the enchant when you got the item, but as soon as you reloaded the file, the enchant was missing. Could you please upload a save file along with an output log via dropbox and post the link here? If possible, do you have a save before you fought the spider queen?

Thanks a bunch!

I'll do you one better. Selling to a vendor resets the drain enchant. I attached two saves, one prior to buying Gaun's Share back from vendor (you can see the drain enchant here) and one after I bought it (the enchantment disappears once loading the save).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmik204l3xjiy7z/debug%20endurance%20bug.zip?dl=0

• Like 2

Hope this is fixed before 2.0 is officially shipped! Quite a big issue, imo.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hey, I found I have the same bug as viledruid with Guan's Share.

I noticed it still had draining when it dropped, but it went away when I loaded the save.

It also does the same thing when you sell it and buy it back.

here is the interesting thing though, if you sell it exit the vendor and then buy it back, it costs ~1250 copper and does not have draining.

If you sell it, leave the building, then return to buy it, the draining returns and it costs ~2500 copper.

Before and after saves,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/878lwyiuxqzk6fv/PoEBug.zip?dl=0

Also encountered this bug with Gaun's Share.

Edit: I just killed the enemy that drops Oidreacht and sure enough when you pick up the weapon it has draining but if you reload the game it is gone.

Edited by Remmy2112

Aarik,

any insight on whether it is flagged as high priority / set to be fixed for 2.0?

It is a fairly serious issue (plus my character concept for my first expansion play through relies on Tidefall so it would rather suck to have to wait till 2.1 to play :p )

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hey AndreaColombo,

While it is on the list of things to do, I cannot be certain if this fix will by the launch of The White March. We are working feverishly on getting the game ready for launch and our main priority is fixing game-breaking bugs. Just hang tight and it will get worked on.

Thank you guys for your patience and understanding! 

Cheers!

• Like 1