Continue Prompt disabled at start of 'Against The Grain'

ericfate

Question

Downloaded the 2.0 beta today, started fresh with a new character, and ran into a situation that I cannot immediately resolve.

Savegame, log, and screenshot are available here for the next 10 days.

http://mbf.me/JQTZMy

If I approach the mill in Gilded Vale, the scripted event plays out until this point, and then the Continue button ceases to advance the event. The button can be pressed, the music continues to play, but the game will not advance.

126cuw5.png

18 answers to this question

Hello.  Please update your build to the build that dropped today.  It will no longer lock the game up at the mill.  Thanks!

Thanks. I am currently accessing the beta via Steam, and only enabled the Beta Build this morning. It does not appear to be registering a build beyond the one I am currently using. Was it pushed so recently that the application cannot see it yet, or will I need to start an entirely new character to notice the fix?

Already reported a dozen time and fixed in the next build.

For this particular instance, I decided to rely on the search feature at the top of the forum, which did not bring up a viable match under the quest name or the city name. Is there a secondary bug tracker I should be checking for duplicate submissions? Or do you expect me to read and memorize every single entry in the forum before submitting an issue? Because if that is the case, I'm done submitting bugs.

For this particular instance, I decided to rely on the search feature at the top of the forum, which did not bring up a viable match under the quest name or the city name. Is there a secondary bug tracker I should be checking for duplicate submissions? Or do you expect me to read and memorize every single entry in the forum before submitting an issue? Because if that is the case, I'm done submitting bugs.

I would suggest reading the titles of each threads on the first two pages of this forum. This way should be quick enough and give you a good idea of the recently submitted bugs. If you look closely there is a thread about a similar issue on the first page of this forum and two threads one after another concerning this exact same issue on the second page.

I am having the same issue still today.

Already reported a dozen time and fixed in the next build.

The proper way to respond to a person offering information and help is "Thank You!"

The OP is right to be put off by your reply, and I would also feel as he does about not bothering to come back if this is the sort of response that ones gets for offering help on this forum.

Hello.  Please update your build to the build that dropped today.  It will no longer lock the game up at the mill.  Thanks!

Like the OP, I also accessed the Beta from Steam.

The bug still exists as of this moment on the Steam version.

I have tried validating the files.

How does one go about updating the build?

-Josh

The proper way to respond to a person offering information and help is "Thank You!"

The OP is right to be put off by your reply, and I would also feel as he does about not bothering to come back if this is the sort of response that ones gets for offering help on this forum.

Well I'm sorry if I didn't include a "Thank You!" or enough smiley faces in my reply. Next time I'll try and make sure it does. Thank you!  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Hello all.  There was some confusion on my part due to switching builds in the middle of the day and working on 3 different builds consecutively.  This issue is still present on beta, but has been resolved on our newest internal builds and should be available very soon.  Thank you for your support, sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

bug is still here and its a game blocker. Im not able to revert to non beta version because my saves are already converted to 2.0

It's still an active bug (as of 8/17/2015), however there is a way around it -- but not without a cost.

As you may already be aware, characters that were created and saves that were made after opting into the beta are not visible on the non-beta client -- but the reverse is not true. If you opt out of the beta, start a new game (if your character was created after 2.0), go to the mill and get past that initial conversation outside of the mill between the dwarf and the millwright, you can then save, quit, opt into the beta, and load your pre-beta save past that crash-point in the beta. It's goling to cost you some hours, but at least you won't be stuck.

Granted, all of this will be moot in a few days, but there are workarounds.

Edited by Thessaly

Hello all.  There was some confusion on my part due to switching builds in the middle of the day and working on 3 different builds consecutively.  This issue is still present on beta, but has been resolved on our newest internal builds and should be available very soon.  Thank you for your support, sorry for the confusion.

I'm working as devops, I feel your pain :)

bug is still here and its a game blocker. Im not able to revert to non beta version because my saves are already converted to 2.0

Just skip the quest for now. I know it leaves you a bit short on exp and reputation, but it is not a game breaker.

Once the fix comes in, just go do it real fast. Hopefully the exp will still be useful then

Hello again.  Fortunately, this quest is not necessary to continue progression of the game.  You can easily come back later and complete it and lose nothing in the process.  It's inconvenient, yes, but will not break your game.  Thanks for your support and patience during this issue.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Judging from the imminent release of the White March in five days (and the likelihood of crunch-time that accompanies it), I'm guessing we shouldn't hold our collective breaths for any 2.0 patches prior to August 25th.

On the bright side, just five days until the White March!

Edited by Thessaly
  • Like 1