Obviously Int is the most important attribute for priests, but how should Dex vs Might be prioritised?

My first thought was Might > Dex but then I thought about it some more and with all the buffs, esp. defensive buffs that priests have that you want out as fast as possible (before enemies have time to attack) Dex is great while Might does nothing, same for CC, while for Heals and damage spells might is probably only a little better than Dex.

So with Dex being usefull for everything priests do while might is only good for heals and damage should priest actually prioritise Int > Dex > Might?

I think might is more important. Bigger heals makes them more effective, and so you need to cast less of them. Being able to cast less spells is important because casts are limited. Also they will do more damage with their damage spells. It makes them more efficient with their limited casts. Dex just makes them cast faster, which is really only important in a rare emergency, whereas high might is useful all the time.

Get inside! RUN!

I use my priest for buffs mostly and not so much for healing. Still i think that might is important. When you combine high might with spells that raise might even further like champions boon on yourself, then cast some damaging spells like cleansing flame, you can dish out a lot of damage. Thaos and Adra Dragon are witnesses... ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That are some good points which make me think.

Most of my important Priest casting are Buffs/Debuffs. So int is super important. And there is selection of heal spells in various power. Need more healing, take next tier.

So yeah, Dex may be more important than Might. Maybe just split Int 18 Dex 14 M 13 + whatever comes from race/origin.

Edited by evilcat

Most of my important Priest casting are Buffs/Debuffs. So int is super important. And there is selection of heal spells in various power. Need more healing, take next tier.

So yeah, Dex may be more important than Might. Maybe just split Int 18 Dex 14 M 13 + whatever comes from race/origin.

Is your priest solo or in a party? And there's no reason you can't have high values in all three, unless you are against min-maxing.

Is your priest solo or in a party? And there's no reason you can't have high values in all three, unless you are against min-maxing.

Party.

I dont like mini max in my play. It is funny, but seeing this 3s make me feel this character is less organic. However having 8s and 9s is ok.

I do not mind minimax for others if they like it.

But then what really could be cut.

Con, well even having -10% is not that bad. So 8 is ok.

Per, with incoming changes, debuffs are nice, also Priest autoattack resonable often.

Resolve, concentration sounds usefull for caster. But probably isnt.

Edited by evilcat

Party.

I dont like mini max in my play. It is funny, but seeing this 3s make me feel this character is less organic. However having 8s and 9s is ok.

I do not mind minimax for others if they like it.

But then what really could be cut.

Con, well even having -10% is not that bad. So 8 is ok.

Per, with incoming changes, debuffs are nice, also Priest autoattack resonable often.

Resolve, concentration sounds usefull for caster. But probably isnt.

Right. Before 2.0, I'd tend to have at least average Resolve even with casters, but with 2.0's changes there just won't be enough points to go around for that. Resolve is only needed if you're being hit, so out of all character types, it'd be the least needed on a back row caster in a party. Of course, when a priest is being hit is typically when his spells are going to be most urgent, but there will just be too many other stats that are even more needed in 2.0.

post 2.0:

I have no idea.

Post 2.0 you'll probably want average Con and dumped Res. Per won't be as important as it will be for, say, ciphers, and mostly offensive casters. I imagine you'd be well off with a stat priority like Int>Dex>Mig>Per>Con>Res, assuming your priest is typical in that he buffs and heals more than he deals damage.