Crowdfunding Minas Tirith

Keyrock

They reach their goal ?

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There's basically zero chance this will reach the goal, which is good.  The worst thing that could possibly happen is the funding goal being met somehow.  This would be a DashCon type disaster on a much much larger scale.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Even if I donated a billion dollars, I don't think they'd make it...:p

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

There's basically zero chance this will reach the goal, which is good.  The worst thing that could possibly happen is the funding goal being met somehow.  This would be a DashCon type disaster on a much much larger scale.

Well that was what I meant, was answering your question.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well can't fault them for not thinking big :) , though it hasn't got a hope in Hades of succeeding I find myself wishing it would do the impossible. I'd pop down south and visit it.

If you're gonna try something impossible you might as well aim for the stars I say, my hat off to their bonkers scheme :)

Edited by NightRevan

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool idea, it's just that building a city is a ridiculously massive and complicated undertaking with a whole bunch of factors, any one of which could entirely sink the project; money being only one of said factors.  Even if they somehow got the money, the probability of this failing spectacularly would be quite high, IMHO.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks