Help me find old game

Chilloutman

Hi guys,

When I was very young and got my first 286 or 386 I played some sidescoller shooter type game with Rambo like character and I for god sake can't remember how it was called. All I remember is that starting mission was probably on some train station. Any ideas please?

Cheers

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

nope, not that one, I remember i was playing it in NC, also at that time I got games like Golden Axe, Prehistoric, Battle Chess...

BTW it was not metal slug and I am even not sure if Contra was ever ported to PC

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Nope, this looks too old, I think that your goal was to safe some girl, but my memory is really blurry (fun fact, I hoped that there is some cheat to see her naked after you rescue her)

Hmm, I'm drawing a blank then.  Beyond the already mentioned games I can only think of things like Commander Keen and Flashback, neither of which have a Rambo-like protagonist.  Sorry.  :blush:

Edit: Duke Nukem maybe?

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

(fun fact, I hoped that there is some cheat to see her naked after you rescue her)

Dude I can recommend some classy adult entertainment websites if you looking for nudity ?

:fdevil:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

(fun fact, I hoped that there is some cheat to see her naked after you rescue her)

Dude I can recommend some classy adult entertainment websites if you looking for nudity ?

Dude, I was like 6-8 when I played it

Hmm, I'm drawing a blank then.  Beyond the already mentioned games I can only think of things like Commander Keen and Flashback, neither of which have a Rambo-like protagonist.  Sorry.  :blush:

Edit: Duke Nukem maybe?

No, I love flashback so i am sure it was not it, it was not commander keen, it was not cartoony and it was not Duke as you were fighting humans, not monsters

Okay, I never realized you Czechs were so conservative ....my bad  ;)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Okay, I never realized you Czechs were so conservative ....my bad  ;)

Not sure what do you mean by this but please don't derail my thread, I think you can play with Volo somewhere else

• Like 2

You were already thinking about scoring some tail at 6 -8?  Damn, you were advanced. 113.gif

I also have to mention that "save the girl" is the plot to 90% of the games from the 80s and early 90s, so that doesn't really narrow things down.  :lol:

Techno Cop is the only other game I can think of that even remotely fits the bill, but I'm pretty sure that's not it since you would likely have mentioned the driving parts.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You were already thinking about scoring some tail at 6 -8?  Damn, you were advanced. 113.gif

I also have to mention that "save the girl" is the plot to 90% of the games from the 80s and early 90s, so that doesn't really narrow things down.  :lol:

I didn't have clue that my junk is for something else than urinating at that time but still, boobs are boobs

Google suggests it was Renegade after I put "286 sidescroller train station" in the query :p

good try but its beat em up game and mine was shooter kind of like Contra

Exolon?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Exolon?

Nah, no star ships, no aliens, just city action if I recall correctly.

Bionic commando, Robocop, Saboteur...none of these sound likely but erm Operation Wolf?

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Bionic commando, Robocop, Saboteur...none of these sound likely but erm Operation Wolf?

nope, none of these, Operation Wolf is not even sidescroller from pictures :)

Already mentioned, renegade is beat em up, this one was shooter. I dont know, there is no list of old games, something like IMDb for movies?

Ok thanks, so far that Crime wave is closest i would say. except you cant jump in it and I think I could jumped in it, aslo i think I could get rocket launcher assautl rifle :)