Divinity: Original Sin 2, coming to Kickstarter on August 26th

Infinitron

for an antisocial person you have quite a number of posts on a public discussion board :D

i have a really complicated personality... i could sent a psychiatrist in an asylum as a patient if i try to make him undestand my mind

I dont have a problem with apersonal interaciton like this, but i just hate having to interact with other people directly and avoid it as much as i can. While i can have a normal conversation with anyone at any time (im not a case of "4chan greentext autism"), i prefer to avoid being in a situation where i have to have a conversation.

The other thing is that in a forum i can reply at my leisure. I can take all the time i want to decide what to say or i can simply not reply at all if i dont feel like it... and i can reply when i decide i want to take the time to do it, I dont have to stop what im doing in order to respond.

And this is why i dont like having friends: it spares me the trouble of deciding between leaving something i want to do in order to be with them or giving them the cold shoulder and stay focussed on what im doing.

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I pledged on day one as I really enjoyed my time with Divinity: Original Sin, however I really wish they would give a date for the Enhanced Edition.  I really want to see the changes made and I would think it would greatly give a boost to the kickstarter as a whole.  I've been enjoying the updates for the new kickstarter but don't necessarily enjoy the media blackout for the product that seems rather near to release.

• Like 1

for an antisocial person you have quite a number of posts on a public discussion board :D

Well, I'm anti-social too IRL, and look here. That's not even taking into account my posts from my previous account XD. And then on Steam, DS and stuff for KOTOR2 things also very active.

It's far easier to be 'social' on a forum than in real life.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Yay MCA!

im undecided to pledge or not. while i enjoyed the first game, i never had the chance to play it in coop where the real fun was and in this coop seems to be the way its meant to be played. however, being the definition of antisocial person i dont have anyone to play it with me so if i pledge or get it later i will play it solo and i dont think i will really enjoy it that way

D:OS has a good co-op mode that was well-implemented, but it was NOT by any means meant to be played co-op only, with singleplayer as an afterthought.

For combat, you have a party of 4. It's a turnbased game, you can easily do it singleplayer. All co-op does is split the task btw 2 players (2 characters each). Co-op was a blast, but it is completely unnecessary to enjoy the stellar combat system. Seriously, this is my favorite TB RPG combat system ever.

For non-combat/dialogue/roleplaying, the coop is unnecessary and gimmicky. Yeah you can select opposing choices in dialogue and do rock-paper-scissors, big deal.

All the good parts in D:OS can be enjoyed singleplayer. Coop just happens to well-implemented, and a a great feature for people who want it. For those who don't care about multiplayer, coop does not actually add anything, and the game is not diminished by playing it singleplayer

• Like 1

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Yay MCA!

im undecided to pledge or not. while i enjoyed the first game, i never had the chance to play it in coop where the real fun was and in this coop seems to be the way its meant to be played. however, being the definition of antisocial person i dont have anyone to play it with me so if i pledge or get it later i will play it solo and i dont think i will really enjoy it that way

D:OS has a good co-op mode that was well-implemented, but it was NOT by any means meant to be played co-op only, with singleplayer as an afterthought.

For combat, you have a party of 4. It's a turnbased game, you can easily do it singleplayer. All co-op does is split the task btw 2 players (2 characters each). Co-op was a blast, but it is completely unnecessary to enjoy the stellar combat system. Seriously, this is my favorite TB RPG combat system ever.

For non-combat/dialogue/roleplaying, the coop is unnecessary and gimmicky. Yeah you can select opposing choices in dialogue and do rock-paper-scissors, big deal.

All the good parts in D:OS can be enjoyed singleplayer. Coop just happens to well-implemented, and a a great feature for people who want it. For those who don't care about multiplayer, coop does not actually add anything, and the game is not diminished by playing it singleplayer

that is true for the first game, but the second game seems more multiplayer oriented with characters that may even be enemies with each other in the party and you have to role play all of them if you dont have others to take on their role... unlike the standard model where you play your character and what the party members do is determined by a combination of your actions and what reaction the writers decided that the characters shoud have based on said actions

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Yay MCA!

that is true for the first game, but the second game seems more multiplayer oriented with characters that may even be enemies with each other in the party and you have to role play all of them if you dont have others to take on their role... unlike the standard model where you play your character and what the party members do is determined by a combination of your actions and what reaction the writers decided that the characters shoud have based on said actions

Could be interesting if some of the NPCs you pick up could actually try to work against you though...

Yay MCA!

Could be interesting if some of the NPCs you pick up could actually try to work against you though...

that's the thing: you dont pick up npc's! all 4 party members are there from the start and each has a personal story questline (that heavilly affects the main quest) based on his/her origin story

-Teknoman2-

You've missed the part on the kickstarter campaign where it says "You'll be able to recruit up to three companions" then?

Pretty sure that in a single player game, you create one character and then the rest of the party is filled up with companions.

You've missed the part on the kickstarter campaign where it says "You'll be able to recruit up to three companions" then?

Pretty sure that in a single player game, you create one character and then the rest of the party is filled up with companions.

what i say i heard from Swen himself during a preview of the game he made with angry joe

im not sure about the "all characters start together part" but he does say that "each has a personal story and it's up to the player controlling him to role play the outcome, and in single one player makes the choices for all"

Edited by teknoman2

-Teknoman2-

what i say i heard from Swen himself during a preview of the game he made with angry joe

im not sure about the "all characters start together part" but he does say that "each has a personal story and it's up to the player controlling him to role play the outcome, and in single one player makes the choices for all"

Isn't the party a lot bigger in D:OS2? I thought I read that the player creates four characters but can also recruit some, resulting in a maximum party size of 8 (4 player created and 4 that you pick up along the way). Can't find the source anymore though...

Isn't the party a lot bigger in D:OS2? I thought I read that the player creates four characters but can also recruit some, resulting in a maximum party size of 8 (4 player created and 4 that you pick up along the way). Can't find the source anymore though...

"Flying Solo

Since we've launched the campaign, one of the biggest questions that we've been getting is "will the single-player experience will be as in-depth and interesting as multiplayer?". The answer is - of course :)

We know it can be hard to get four friends together to regularly play through something as long and in-depth as a Divinity game. So, while we've been spending a lot of time talking about the multiplayer experience, we haven’t forgotten that it's important that the single player game is just as engaging and fun.

The secret we discovered with Divinity: Original Sin 1 is that allowing for cooperative multiplayer in the manner we do it enriches the single player experience tremendously.

Every time we try to wrap our heads around the different possibilities of a quest designed for multiplayer, we're able to go and feed all of that extra content back into the world, which means it's all right there for you when you walk up with a single player party.

It also adds a huge amount of roleplaying to the world. Thanks to the multiplayer effort, each of your companions can interact with the world as if they were your main character with dialog options that correspond with their origin story. So if you have an elf in your party, it might be more interesting to interact with an elven ancestor tree using your elf rather than your dwarven warrior. But if you interact with your dwarven warrior, you will get different reactions.

While this is all very cool, we did make sure that your main character still remains special. If the advanced relationship system gets in, then you’ll be able to roleplay the relationship options from the viewpoint of your main character, but not from the viewpoint of your companions. That ensures your relationship decisions feel weighty and that you can’t manipulate your companions.

The same goes for persuasion. Persuasion dialogs pop up whenever members of the party have different opinions. We obviously have a large range of persuasion options available in multiplayer and each party member will have its say. In single player however these options will not appear. Instead, the companions will state what they they think is the right course of action depending on their own beliefs and perhaps also the relationship with the main character.

With regards to competitive questing, it’s not so that your companions will go off on their own. There’s a number of PVP things that will be limited to multiplayer and that won’t pop up in single player. However, the fact that we have competitive questing ensures that there’s a broad spectrum of options available to your party in single player, more so than would ordinarily be the case."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1360696

They give more details in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLVZSUBEXE4

It also seems that they current prototype don't have single player mode, at least such that they have planned for release version.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1365789

Less than 2 days to go with a 24 hour livestream for the home stretch. Looks pretty cool even though work will ensure I miss most of it.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

i wanted to put 30$ to it but my card was declined. i need to go to the bank tomorrow

one of the things that impressed me most about the first game was the pathfinding. after exploring a large and complex map, i could just click once at the exit/entrance and the party would follow the shortest route to it without getting stuck, without getting lost and while automatically avoiding any and all known traps that were not disarmed

Edited by teknoman2

-Teknoman2-

i wanted to put 30$ to it but my card was declined. i need to go to the bank tomorrow

You can also use Paypal:

http://larian.com/kickstarter-divinity-original-sin-2-paypal/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

i tried 3 different cards both directly and through paypal. all 3 were used recently on steam and worked, but for this payment all 3 were declined

-Teknoman2-