Accuracy is about 77+ with Peasant talent and 17 PER.

Whoa, Druids' base Accuracy sure is low!

20, just like the other casters. It's not the base accuracy that's the problem - it's the lack of a scaling accuracy bonus for Spiritshift weapons.

Spiritshift sucked, and still sucks, for two reasons: garbage accuracy, and the fact that you could be casting spells instead.

So now we have not only increased accuracy, but harder hitting attacks, so every strike we do land hits like a truck.

By the way, anyone noticed some similar buff (DR Bypass like pet and spiritshift ??) to unarmed monks ? It would be the last avatar of the "I want to hit with my bare fist/claws/teeth/horns and I don't like magical weapons" recurring RPG problem.

I'm sorry to say that, but just now i've tested newly created monk - no DR bypass even on level 12 :(

Sorry for my bad english.

To all those saying that this isn't the most optimal way to play a Druid, you get a resounding "duh". Nobody is saying that this makes Spirit shift an optimal, power-gamey way to play. That was never the issue. The problem was before, Spiritshifting was bad to the point where it was barely viable to play at all. It was a straight nerf going from Humanoid to Werewhatever. Now this is looking like a much more attractive feature where I have a viable, alternate way to play. We know what the best way to play is, nobody is questioning that.

Do you find yourself going to the battlemage thread to tell them to stick to spellslinging as well?

• Like 8

Monk fists scale with both level and might.

They are scale with level pretty bad. Just really bad. With 19 MIG from 18-24 on level 1 to 22-28 on level 12.

When druid spiritshift form scale from 20-28 to 30-47.

To all those saying that this isn't the most optimal way to play a Druid, you get a resounding "duh". Nobody is saying that this makes Spirit shift an optimal, power-gamey way to play. That was never the issue. The problem was before, Spiritshifting was bad to the point where it was barely viable to play at all. It was a straight nerf going from Humanoid to Werewhatever. Now this is looking like a much more attractive feature where I have a viable, alternate way to play. We know what the best way to play is, nobody is questioning that.

Do you find yourself going to the battlemage thread to tell them to stick to spellslinging as well?

THIS. Edited by lameover

Sorry for my bad english.

THIS.

Wut. You (lameover) were the one who said you thought this now made druids OP. I only posted to state that no, this, while cool, is certainly still not better than just casting druid spells and as such obviously not OP.

Edited by limaxophobiacq
  • Like 1

THIS.

Wut. You (lameover) were the one who said you thought this now made druids OP. I only posted to state that no, this, while cool, is certainly still not better than just casting druid spells and as such obviously not OP.

Yeah, wasn't trying to step on your toes, since you were stating fact. I take umbrage to people saying that spiritshift is garbage simply because it isn't the bestest choice evar in a role playing  game.