Average speed, base damage 24-38?  That's ... quite good.

With Cat form, 18+ DEX and dual wield talent it's just a hurricane.

With 19+ INT spiritshift lasts 20+sec. It's 1\3 of fight even on PotD.

And don't forget about spells.

Really, druid now is a little OP i think.

Sorry for my bad english.

Beware what You say, since when the nerf hammer falls from the sky earth trembles, and there is nothing left, no hope, nor life, just dead builds in barren lands.

There will be more than enought time after expansion for nerf (thats for sure), and even if this claws are better than soulbound weapons suffering it for month or two is not big deal considering alternatives (shield and board druid FTW).

Edited by evilcat
  • Like 2

Any time spent fighting with claws in spiritshift in a serious fight is still time spend not throwing down moonwells, insect plagues, earth-talons and world-maws. Rot skulls are probably still a better weapon than those claws most of the time esp. since they dont put you in harms way.

In trash encounters you're still going to end it faster casting lvl 1 & 2 spells.

I can't see this being OP. With weapon focus: peasant, two-weapons style, and wildstrike it might be cool but it will hardly ever be optimal.

• Like 1

What's with all you people saying fights last only seconds?

The fights which really matter last a few minutes and who cares how good an ability is if you only fight some random human foes?

That's very interesting. Any info on how the bear form stacks up at later levels? If DR scales for all forms, does the bear bonus remain relevant?

What about accuracy? I believe one of the reasons why shifts became less efficient compared to spells was the ability to hit things...though I guess the changes to perception may mitigate that slightly?

That's very interesting. Any info on how the bear form stacks up at later levels? If DR scales for all forms, does the bear bonus remain relevant?

What about accuracy? I believe one of the reasons why shifts became less efficient compared to spells was the ability to hit things...though I guess the changes to perception may mitigate that slightly?

Bear's DR on level 12 is only 16.

Accuracy is about 77+ with Peasant talent and 17 PER.

Whoa, Druids' base Accuracy sure is low!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

20, just like the other casters. It's not the base accuracy that's the problem - it's the lack of a scaling accuracy bonus for Spiritshift weapons.

Spiritshift sucked, and still sucks, for two reasons: garbage accuracy, and the fact that you could be casting spells instead.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Accuracy on Spiritshift weapons now scales, though, doesn't it?

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Weapon Style - Two Weapons + Proficiency in Paesant(?) weapons + Wild Strike Modal + elemental dmg(fire) + scion of flame (?). 19 might (I use different language version so I don't exactly remember english names for some stuff :))

My drood leveled to 12 to check stuff with the above attacked very fast and did ~60-120 dmg per hit. ~38-56 character sheet displayed dmg with Wild Strike then 45% dmg added from beast talent but all that(fire) is also increased by additional 25% from Scion.

End result? 60-120+ hits with very quick speed. It actually IS worth putting points in beastie now altough it still lasts not too long but with spells + form it's really good now.

He ALMOST rivals my Battle Mage. Battle Mage with proper spells is still a God of Battle with Alacrity, Citzal and so on XD. Druid wins in having form per encounter while Wiz is limited by per rest higher lvl spells.

Edited by Killyox

20, just like the other casters. It's not the base accuracy that's the problem - it's the lack of a scaling accuracy bonus for Spiritshift weapons.

Spiritshift sucked, and still sucks, for two reasons: garbage accuracy, and the fact that you could be casting spells instead.

They scale. At least in 2.0 @12 lvl spiritshift weapons have +12 Acc. My drood had 66 Acc with wild strike modal enabled (-accuracy). He hits so hard that he doesn't even need high accuracy. He also had DR of 14 in spirit form so pretty good seeing as it didn't slow him down at all.

Who needs more when you do 60-120+ hits every half second ? :p

Edited by Killyox

What's with all you people saying fights last only seconds?

The fights which really matter last a few minutes and who cares how good an ability is if you only fight some random human foes?

I never had a fight that lasted more than 25s on hard diff :p. Well, maybe theos lasted 30-40s :p He didn't like his own giant killing him :)

Edited by Killyox

I don't play hard, only Potd.

Would still be interesting if you post vids of the full fights vs:

Raedric before you go to Caed Nua

Cail the silent

Ogre bounty

Undead Radric

Adra dragon (as I mentioned, full fights + all ads.)

Wild Strike Modal + elemental dmg(fire) + scion of flame (?).

Scion of flames doesn't stack with wild strike's elemental dmg. I've calculated it.

You can try it yourself.

I will try it then but I recall hits of ~60 giving me ~46 fire dmg bonus or so. Will try it out asap (when I DL the game on this laptop). We both are talking about PAtch 2.0 right?

I don't play hard, only Potd.

Would still be interesting if you post vids of the full fights vs:

Raedric before you go to Caed Nua

Cail the silent

Ogre bounty

Undead Radric

Adra dragon (as I mentioned, full fights + all ads.)

Did some POTD (even solo) but it was more cheesy gameplay than hard and I didn't like it too much. Will make a POTD run through some time soon I guess. Preferably before Shadowrun: Hong Kong XD

Edited by Killyox

I will try it then but I recall hits of ~60 giving me ~46 fire dmg bonus or so. Will try it out asap (when I DL the game on this laptop). We both are talking about PAtch 2.0 right?

Yep, 2.0 last beta build. My ~35 damage giving me 17 corrode dmg bonus.

sWnM.png

kZIj.png

Hm... It stack somehow.

I remember testing Wildstrike and the elemental talents and they stacked; unless they changed this deliberately, they still should.

IIRC Wildstrike Belt also stacks if you already have Wildstrike (should give you bonus damage of the same elemental kind as your talent.)