IEMod fork, new modding framework

^ Same here: No issues with 5.06 beta.

I don't dislike in-game character models (and love the overall graphic design), but the heavy texture compression has to go. Unfortunately it looks like they couldn't implement much in the way of optimizations and used heavy compression to make up for it (doesn't work too well; sometimes the game slows down significantly on very powerful machines too.)

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Springwight, tjayharvey - would it be possible to implement a console command that restores default colors on NPCs?

Some of Obsidian's NPCs use colors that are not available to the player. Sometimes one might change them to better match the equipment they're using; however, selecting a new color means the original color can no longer be had if it wasn't part of the selection available to the player from the start.

Very marginal stuff for aesthetics bitches like me, but if it's feasible, it would be kewl.

I'd have to look through the code for colors, but it's probably doable.

can somebody help me  and tell how to install Asset Editor for Pillars of Eternity into Unity 3d  from here http://rien-ici.com/iemod/asset_editor?

i wanne open  file from PoE but dont know how 

We haven't updated that tool and we've generally decided not to support it. We've instead focused on inserting code into the routine that loads the data from the Unity files and changes them. Obviously that won't help with texture issues, but if you're looking to mod game data, it's considerably easier and doesn't require a Unity license (which is either expensive or has to be acquired through ethically questionable means).

So far, I've built the stuff that lets you mod abilities (and by extension, talents, which are just mostly abilities behind the scenes). I also plan to do something similar for the advancement tables (so you can control when spells are unlocked, how many ability or talent points you get at levels, etc). Are there other areas you'd like to see more easily moddable?

Really looking forward to messing around with the modding framework.

I am looking for a method to alter weapons and items?  Specifically I am trying to change the Soulbound so they can be equipped by everyone.

I ended up getting the editor to work but I was not really able to figure out where the Soulbounds are tagged for each class and how they link that bind with the progression of the weapon itself.

Will the framework you are working on here allow for alteration of items including the Soulbound gear?

can somebody help me  and tell how to install Asset Editor for Pillars of Eternity into Unity 3d  from here http://rien-ici.com/iemod/asset_editor?

i wanne open  file from PoE but dont know how

We haven't updated that tool and we've generally decided not to support it. We've instead focused on inserting code into the routine that loads the data from the Unity files and changes them. Obviously that won't help with texture issues, but if you're looking to mod game data, it's considerably easier and doesn't require a Unity license (which is either expensive or has to be acquired through ethically questionable means).

So far, I've built the stuff that lets you mod abilities (and by extension, talents, which are just mostly abilities behind the scenes). I also plan to do something similar for the advancement tables (so you can control when spells are unlocked, how many ability or talent points you get at levels, etc). Are there other areas you'd like to see more easily moddable?

You mean IE Mod itself? So at this moment no chance to open and find out what line is responsible for pink texture and change it in hex editor?

Edited by Gs11

@Gs11:  the pink textures are caused by not applying the available patches in a particular sequence IIRC.  I don't have this issue myself, because I use steam/windows.  IIRC there are a number of threads around addressing how you should patch for mac/linux using steam/gog or manual, and you should be reading those to fix your issues.

Adding an editor into the mix at this point is NOT going to help your situation, and might actually cause your entire install to become corrupted/unplayable.  You need to search for threads on "pink textures" and follow the recommends of the devs who replied.

• Like 1

@Gs11:  the pink textures are caused by not applying the available patches in a particular sequence IIRC.  I don't have this issue myself, because I use steam/windows.  IIRC there are a number of threads around addressing how you should patch for mac/linux using steam/gog or manual, and you should be reading those to fix your issues.

Adding an editor into the mix at this point is NOT going to help your situation, and might actually cause your entire install to become corrupted/unplayable.  You need to search for threads on "pink textures" and follow the recommends of the devs who replied.

yep i know this, but i wanne to open poe unity3d files and try to mod some skills, just dont know how to use this assest editor

i have some outdated mod from nexus, which aren't compatible with current version of the game, everythign works except animation

i red that it can be done via hex editor, just need to know what to change and what is responsible for animation

that's why it need to open and see skill file in unity

Edited by Gs11

yep i know this, but i wanne to open poe unity3d files and try to mod some skills, just dont know how to use this assest editor

i have some outdated mod from nexus, which aren't compatible with current version of the game, everythign works except animation

i red that it can done do via hex editor, just need to know what to change and what is responsible for animation

If you follow the directions on the asset editor page you can open the files.  Even though they are not supporting it you can still look at files.

I think there are just some missing scripts and such from current patches.

You need a pro version of Unity 4.X then download the update from the site.  Then open Test2 as a project.  You will then have the Pillars Editor Menu option.

i red that it can done do via hex editor, just need to know what to change and what is responsible for animation

If you follow the directions on the asset editor page you can open the files.  Even though they are not supporting it you can still look at files.

I think there are just some missing scripts and such from current patches.

You need a pro version of Unity 4.X then download the update from the site.  Then open Test2 as a project.  You will then have the Pillars Editor Menu option.

thx a lot original.gif finally managed to open test2 thanks to yours instructions

I just set no animation in Unity, save and problem with pink square has gone even this asset is out of dated

better no animation att all than purple glich

Edited by Gs11
  • Like 1

I am looking for a method to alter weapons and items?  Specifically I am trying to change the Soulbound so they can be equipped by everyone.

I ended up getting the editor to work but I was not really able to figure out where the Soulbounds are tagged for each class and how they link that bind with the progression of the weapon itself.

Will the framework you are working on here allow for alteration of items including the Soulbound gear?

Yes, that should be doable. You would either want to override the BindableClasses property in EquipmentSoulbind, or do something similar to what AlterResourceMod does where it catches the data as it's loaded from the Unity files and transforms it.

The biggest problem I see is that the level 2 unlock is always class specific, so you'd have to make new unlocks for each class that you added. Should be doable with some persistence.

• Like 1

Sorry to sound impatient (because I really do appreciate all your hard work), but how close are we to 2.02?

There's a version up on the Nexus site that will work with 2.02 for all OSes. There are some reports about cursor issues but I can't reproduce it and nobody's given me enough information yet to track it down. Other than that, nobody is reporting any problems. My playtime has evaporated lately, so normally I'd be more confident in the mod from having played it for hours.

Is Springwight still aboard? He hasn't logged in since mid September :/

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Yes, that should be doable. You would either want to override the BindableClasses property in EquipmentSoulbind, or do something similar to what AlterResourceMod does where it catches the data as it's loaded from the Unity files and transforms it.

The biggest problem I see is that the level 2 unlock is always class specific, so you'd have to make new unlocks for each class that you added. Should be doable with some persistence.

Awesome Awesome Awesome...

Is that available now or is that still in the process of release?  No rush at all.

Yah I saw the equipmentSoulBind when I opened the file in the old editor you have up on iemod site but I could not see the script.  Which I assume is because they do not have those scripts in there because that was for 1.02 version.

And I wouldnt mind at all doing unlocks for all the classes.  That would be fun and I want to tweak those weapons anyway on the level of what is needed to unlock them and the abilities they give.

Thanks for the reply and all the work you have put into this.

Edited by sapientNode

• 2 weeks later...

Really hoping this is still being maintained; the guys haven't been around for a while :(

• Like 1

Well, tjayharvey did post on Nexus on 23rd October, saying he wouldn't have time to look into the mod for a few days ... which suggests he's still on, just busy. Fingers crossed.

There was some mention earlier of releasing a tool that would apply the appropriate modifications to Assembly-CSharp.dll so that we could make the mod work with new minor versions as they're released. Might it be possible to get that utility?

I understand that it would be a "use at your own risk" thing, because feature changes could cause individual IEMod features to work incorrectly or not at all, but my understanding is that this kind of update is all that the 5.06 beta version for 2.0.2 consisted of, and it worked like a charm until 2.0.3 came out yesterday.

Erik Harris

Well, tjayharvey did post on Nexus on 23rd October, saying he wouldn't have time to look into the mod for a few days ... which suggests he's still on, just busy. Fingers crossed.

Eh, I get busy.... so that's okay. Body parts crossed (that's a LOT more than fingers.....)

[And I'm not downloading 2.03 yet anyway - for the main thing, I don't have the bandwidth available.  I'm a hostage to satband....]

Edited by Oralaina
  • Like 1

Eh, I get busy.... so that's okay. Body parts crossed (that's a LOT more than fingers.....)

[And I'm not downloading 2.03 yet anyway - for the main thing, I don't have the bandwidth available.  I'm a hostage to satband....]

I extend my sincere condolences.

Point is well made though, lets have some patience people!  Burn out on this project is a real thing so lets let those working on it pace themselves and take their time.

• Like 1

Point is well made though, lets have some patience people!  Burn out on this project is a real thing so lets let those working on it pace themselves and take their time.

I completely agree. Given that every update breaks the mod, because it needs to modify a core game file, that seems like all the more reason for the solution mentioned in this post.  A patch app that we could use at our own risk would help alleviate the frustration that users feel and that I'm sure the developers feel whenever a new version comes out.

I have no idea what's involved in creating such a patch executable, but I'd be ecstatic to try it out. :)

Edited by kungfujoe

Erik Harris

Personally, I could settle for pure reassurance right now. If either Spring or tjay chimed in and confirmed that yes, the mod will be updated at some point, it would be enough for me and I could proceed to installing 2.03. I won't, for now, as I'd rather stick to 2.02 + mod than to update and lose the mod.

That said, tjay was online on the Nexus today, so he's totally still around. Guess it's a matter of not having much time (Spring did mention in this thread that updating the mod is not easy as far as programming tasks go.)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

Quick update. I've exchanged a PM with tjayharvey on the Nexus and he is still willing to work on the IE Mod, but does not anticipate the update to 2.03 to happen any time soon. Main reason, besides of course his being busy, is that it seems like 2.03 changed a lot of stuff and updating the mod appears to be about as complicated as it was to make it work with 2.0. Take a time-consuming task, add a busy RL, and you get the situation :)

The good news is that the mod is still actively being maintained.

tjayharvey also said he's happy to coach any programmers who might want to contribute to the mod's maintenance, so if anyone's up to the task, you may contact him on the Nexus.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1