IEMod fork, new modding framework

I don't really understand what you mean about the buttons. Do you mean the action button replacements? They work. I even helped someone out with his own custom button textures the other day.

I know that one time when someone had outdated button images from a version before 4.31, they looked all garbled, but after updating the assets, they worked fine. Here is what it looked like.

Can you show me what you mean by the change in size?

here is a pic, like I said, just as your previous image showed really except that I AM using an updated file that came with the mod itself.  As for size it is hard to show in an image.  The buttons appear to be 1-2 pixels wider than they used to be as parts of the frame I designed are very very slightly cut off.  I doubt it is anything you can really change, fighting the scaling built into the game is something I was doing from day one anyway I can experiment with it and work around it.

Can you give me some info so I can try to reproduce the garbled textures issue?

1. IEMod version, game version (also, with or without White March), and OS
  2. Resolution, font scale, and any other graphical settings you think might be relevant.
  3. Launch the UI customizer, and once the garbled textures appear, and then get the PillarsOfEternity_Data\output_log.txt file and upload it.

Is the issue present with all textures, or just specific ones?

Guys,

there is a bug in the IE Mod that prevents the talent Field Triage from working.

I'm running The White March on Windows, version 2.0 (I decided to skip 2.1 since it's so buggy.); the bug was experienced with both v. 5.0.0 and 5.0.2 of the IE Mod.

Simply installing the mod will prevent you from using the talent. To repro, create a character who has Field Triage in a game without the mod and test the ability to see how it works. Then install the mod and try using it: Upon clicking on the Field Triage icon and moving your pointer on the character on whom you want to use it, the cursor will remain grey and clicking on the character will select them instead of activating Field Triage.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Guys,

there is a bug in the IE Mod that prevents the talent Field Triage from working.

I'm running The White March on Windows, version 2.0 (I decided to skip 2.1 since it's so buggy.); the bug was experienced with both v. 5.0.0 and 5.0.2 of the IE Mod.

Simply installing the mod will prevent you from using the talent. To repro, create a character who has Field Triage in a game without the mod and test the ability to see how it works. Then install the mod and try using it: Upon clicking on the Field Triage icon and moving your pointer on the character on whom you want to use it, the cursor will remain grey and clicking on the character will select them instead of activating Field Triage.

I've looked into this. The Target Turned Enemies Mod was never properly updated to 2.0. It appears that Obsidian added a new target type "Friendly Not Vessel", and Field Triage was converted to an ability that targets this type. The current Target Turned Enemies Mod makes it so that no target is ever considered a valid "Friendly Not Vessel", so that breaks Field Triage.

I'm probably going to let Spring fix this since the Target Turned Enemies mod is his. I could probably fix it competently, but he's going to be better at it.

Edited by tjayharvey
  • Like 2

Hi guys, i just wanted to report another bug with the mod i encountered a couple of nights ago. i already reported it an the nexus as well.

death ring and minolettas precisely piercing burst cannot be casted.

i hope you can fix this bug.

thanks for keeping the mod alive :)

That's a bug with 2.01; it is not related to the mod and will hopefully be fixed by Obsidian in the next patch.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

That's a bug with 2.01; it is not related to the mod and will hopefully be fixed by Obsidian in the next patch.

That being said, we DO have a temporary fix for it until Obsidian fixes it, in case 2.02 takes a while longer. We're hoping to release that and a couple of other pieces this week.

• Like 2

Sorry my bad :(

That being said, we DO have a temporary fix for it until Obsidian fixes it, in case 2.02 takes a while longer. We're hoping to release that and a couple of other pieces this week.

Good to hear! Thanks

New version is up. We've fixed the issues with healing and Combat Triage, and feel the mod is sufficiently stable to remove the beta label. New features in this version:

• Temporary patch for caster-centered spells until Obsidian can fix them
  • Console Command to unlock a level of a soulbound weapon (Equip weapon on a character, then use UnlockSoulbound command followed by that character's id).
  • Ability to change the maximum number of adventurers that can be hired via inns.
  • Ability to alter combat statistics of spells and abilities via a local XML file.

I will try to put together more information about the latter in the next few days (it's relatively complex).

• Like 5

New version is up. We've fixed the issues with healing and Combat Triage, and feel the mod is sufficiently stable to remove the beta label. New features in this version:

• Temporary patch for caster-centered spells until Obsidian can fix them
  • Console Command to unlock a level of a soulbound weapon (Equip weapon on a character, then use UnlockSoulbound command followed by that character's id).
  • Ability to change the maximum number of adventurers that can be hired via inns.
  • Ability to alter combat statistics of spells and abilities via a local XML file.

I will try to put together more information about the latter in the next few days (it's relatively complex).

I'm confused, where do I download the IE MOD?

Edited by TrueMenace

Calibrating...

Here's an example of how to use the new ability modification system. Let's say I want to take a look at the balance of 1st level druid spells and tweak them.

Step 0: In your PillarsOfEternity_Data\Managed\iemod directory, created a new folder called data, and inside the data folder, a new file called "abilitydata.xml". This file should initially be created like this:

<AbilityActionData>
  <AbilityExports>
  </AbilityExports>
  <ExportAll>true</ExportAll>
  <AbilityChanges>   
  </AbilityChanges>
</AbilityActionData>

Step 1: Start PoE, load a game including a druid in the active party, then quit PoE.

Step 2: In your base game directory, there will be a file called IEMod.log. Open this.

Step 3: Scan IEMod.log for the spells/abilities you are interested in (warning: there will be a lot, since it includes every weapon in your stash, scroll, potion, etc).

Step 4: Remove the ExportAll reference (to reduce the spam) and add Name tags under AbilityExport for the abilities you are interested in. You can always omit the text "(Clone)". If I'm interested in Level 1 damaging druid spells, here's what it would look like:

<AbilityActionData>
  <AbilityExports>
    <Name>Sunbeam</Name>
    <Name>Dancing_Bolts</Name>
    <Name>Talons_Reach</Name>
    <Name>Vile_Thorns</Name>
    <Name>Winter_Wind</Name>
  </AbilityExports>
  <AbilityChanges>   
  </AbilityChanges>
</AbilityActionData>

Step 5: Repeat Step 1

Step 6: Open IEMod.log and find the ability listings. This should look something like this:

-------------------------------------------
Data for Winter_Wind(Clone)
Damage Data: 22 - 32 of type Freeze
Accuracy Bonus: 10
Range: 5
DT Bypass: 0
Speed: 2
Defended By: Fortitude
Status Effects Count: 0
Afflictions Count: 0
Blast Radius: 8
Blast Angle: 60

Data for Vile_Thorns(Clone)
Damage Data: 26 - 38 of type Pierce
Range: 6
Defended By: Deflect
Afflictions Count: 1
Affliction: Sickened for 10
Blast Radius: 3
Blast Angle: 90

Data for Talons_Reach(Clone)
Damage Data: 25 - 40 of type Slash
Range: 6
Speed: 0
Defended By: Deflect
Blast Radius: 1.25
Blast Angle: 360

Data for Sunbeam(Clone)
Damage Data: 20 - 35 of type Burn
Range: 15
Defended By: Reflex
Afflictions Count: 1
Affliction: Blinded for 15
Blast Radius: 1.25

Data for Dancing_Bolts(Clone)
Damage Data: 15 - 25 of type Shock
Range: 15
Defended By: Reflex
Blast Radius: 3

This isn't everything about the attack, but more will be added in later versions.

Step 7: Determine what balance changes you want to make. Let's say I feel Sunbeam is generally stronger than the others and I want to make adjustments. Personally, I don't feel the longer range and foe-only AE of Dancing Bolts justifies a lower damage, and in fact I think the damage should be a touch higher in order to compensate for Sunbeam's Blind. Let's also say that I want to knock a couple seconds of of the Blind. I think Talon's Reach is fine (it's fast and foe-only, and slightly higher damage of a worse type). I want to lengthen the duration of the Sicken on Vile Thorns to make it worth the trouble of positioning a cone. I'd like to make Winter Wind do the same damage as Sunbeam and be Fast to compensate for the cone template, but changing the speed of abilities isn't supported by the mod yet, so I'll increase the accuracy instead (purely to show how it works).

Step 8: Add XML to the AbilityChanges section representing the desired changes. In my example, it should look like this:

<AbilityActionData>
  <AbilityExports>
    <Name>Sunbeam</Name>
    <Name>Talons_Reach</Name>
    <Name>Vile_Thorns</Name>
    <Name>Winter_Wind</Name>
  </AbilityExports>
  <AbilityChanges>
    <AbilityChange>
      <MinDamage>22</MinDamage>
      <MaxDamage>37</MaxDamage>
    </AbilityChange>
    <AbilityChange>
      <Name>Sunbeam</Name>
      <AfflictionChanges>
        <AfflictionChange>
          <Index>0</Index>
          <Duration>12</Duration>
        </AfflictionChange>
      </AfflictionChanges>
    </AbilityChange>
    <AbilityChange>
      <Name>Vile_Thorns</Name>
      <AfflictionChanges>
        <AfflictionChange>
          <Index>0</Index>
          <Duration>15</Duration>
        </AfflictionChange>
      </AfflictionChanges>
    </AbilityChange>   
    <AbilityChange>
      <Name>Winter_Wind</Name>
      <Accuracy>20</Accuracy>
      <MinDamage>25</MinDamage>
      <MaxDamage>40</MaxDamage>
    </AbilityChange>    
  </AbilityChanges>
</AbilityActionData>

Step 9: Load a game with a druid again. IEMod.log should now show the changes being applied and give you a readout of the new characteristics of the attack after the changes are applied. Furthermore, the changes should now appear in the tooltips of your druid's spells and, ya know, actually work.

Of course, these are just some example changes. You can apply whatever you want to your abilities, at least as far as the mod currently supports.

Supported tags for Ability Changes are currently:

<Name>  - required, to identify which ability is being changed.

<MinDamage> - minimum damage

<MaxDamage> - maximum damage

<DamageType> - Slash, Freeze, Shock, etc.

<DefendedBy> - Will, Fortitude, etc

<DTBypass> - How much DT on the enemy should be ignored.

<BlastRadius> - How big the AE is (only applies to AE attacks)

<BlastAngle> - How wide of angle the AE is

<Range> - How long the attack can reach

<AfflictionChanges> - includes subtags <AfflictionChange> that must designate the index of the affliction to change and the new duration.  See Vile Thorns and Sunbeam in the example above.

<ExtraAOE> - modifies the secondary AE of the ability (particularly common in Cipher abilities). All tags valid for an attack are valid inside the <ExtraAOE> tag.

I'm happy to answer questions if people have any, and take suggestions for additional things to be able to modify.

• Like 5

There's a current bug if "Target Turned Enemies" is unchecked - all enemies are treated as friendlies (so they will be healed, and if Disable Friendly Fire is checked, you can't even damage them!). We will fix soon. For now, we advise all players to check Target Turned Enemies.

• Like 2

I actually just discovered this mod with version 5.03, and truthfully didn't think there was a thing wrong with it.  But I updated it with 5.04 anyway.  I'll remember to check the box suggested when I get back in game tomorrow, thanks!

For info, the reason I was looking at mods was so I could not level cap on my girls.  Which is working perfectly, and thank you SO much for that particular thing!

I actually just discovered this mod with version 5.03, and truthfully didn't think there was a thing wrong with it.  But I updated it with 5.04 anyway.  I'll remember to check the box suggested when I get back in game tomorrow, thanks!

For info, the reason I was looking at mods was so I could not level cap on my girls.  Which is working perfectly, and thank you SO much for that particular thing!

It's a new bug with 5.04 (that fixes some problems 5.03 had with targeting). The targeting code's a bit of a maze, so it can be challenging to fix one bug without introducing another one.

I think I've got this fixed internally, but I'll play with it for a few more hours and have Spring review it before releasing the fix.

I've also added Speed and Status Effect tags to the Ability XML functionality described above, that will be coming next version.

I've also identified a bug with Target Turned Enemies and Charm effects (specifically, it can't tell whose team they were, so foe-only effects won't hit them). I think I have a fix for that one ready as well.

I think Spring has a bunch of stuff he'd like to look into too, but we'll try to keep this version small to get the bugfix out.

• Like 3

Ever since the White March Pt. 1 came out, they added 2 more levels.

But the IE Mod only nerfs experience to level 11. Can someone who works on the mod please modify all the XP Nerf Tables to accompany the new levels so I can start a new playthrough? Please?

Edited by TrueMenace

Calibrating...

It's a new bug with 5.04 (that fixes some problems 5.03 had with targeting). The targeting code's a bit of a maze, so it can be challenging to fix one bug without introducing another one.

I think I've got this fixed internally, but I'll play with it for a few more hours and have Spring review it before releasing the fix.

I've also added Speed and Status Effect tags to the Ability XML functionality described above, that will be coming next version.

I've also identified a bug with Target Turned Enemies and Charm effects (specifically, it can't tell whose team they were, so foe-only effects won't hit them). I think I have a fix for that one ready as well.

I think Spring has a bunch of stuff he'd like to look into too, but we'll try to keep this version small to get the bugfix out.

Spring is away and I want to get the fix out before I start playing with 2.02, so I just released the new version fixing this bug. It also fixes charmed enemies not considered hostile by Target Turned Enemies and adds a couple more tags to the Ability XML stuff I was showing above. It's a relatively minor update so if you're happy with the current one, no real need to grab this one.

• Like 4

The new tags for abilities are:

<Speed> - valid options Instant, Short, and Long. Correspond to Fast, Average, and Slow abilities respectively. (The game internally calls them Instant, Short, and Long, so it's easier not to have an extra translation layer).

<StatusEffectChange> - works like <AfflictionChange>, except it accepts both a <Duration> and/or a <Magnitude>

Examples:

Instant Winter Wind (with the damage adjusted)

<AbilityChange>
      <Name>Winter_Wind</Name>
      <MinDamage>25</MinDamage>
      <MaxDamage>40</MaxDamage>
      <Speed>Instant</Speed>
    </AbilityChange>

Slightly bigger Blizzard with a longer, larger attack speed reduction.

<AbilityChange>
      <Name>Blizzard</Name>
      <BlastRadius>3</BlastRadius>
      <StatusEffectChanges>
        <StatusEffectChange>
          <Index>0</Index>
          <Magnitude>0.7</Magnitude>
          <Duration>15</Duration>
        </StatusEffectChange>
      </StatusEffectChanges>
    </AbilityChange> 

^ that was quick! I'll slap it on as soon as 2.02 is on GoG.

Beta version for 2.02 is on the Nexus page (for Win only, as I don't have the 2.02 binaries for the other platforms at this time). Note that this is a beta release and may not be entirely stable. Please report any bugs here or in the Nexus page's bug system.

Grabbing it now; I'll report if it causes any issues - but so far I have had ZERO problems!

Springwight, tjayharvey - would it be possible to implement a console command that restores default colors on NPCs?

Some of Obsidian's NPCs use colors that are not available to the player. Sometimes one might change them to better match the equipment they're using; however, selecting a new color means the original color can no longer be had if it wasn't part of the selection available to the player from the start.

Very marginal stuff for aesthetics bitches like me, but if it's feasible, it would be kewl.

Edited by AndreaColombo

Hey Spring and tjay - playing two days now with the latest distro.  No problems to report, working perfectly for me.

Now there's a thing I'd really like to have - the ability to edit Character Names - not for the NPCs/premades I guess, just for the PC and custom characters?  I know there's a Creature Name function, but it didn't want to work for characters....

[And AndreaColombo, aesthetics bitches like ME want better "cartoon figures" for the on-screen bodies.... *sigh*]

Edited by Oralaina