IEMod fork, new modding framework

Mod Release Notes for V5.0.0 beta

Better AI Mod

This mod has been disabled, and will probably be discontinued since the AI system has been completely rewritten.

Target Turned Enemies

Added an option called "target turned enemies" that makes enemies that have switched allegiance due to e.g. dominate, confusion, etc. to be considered hostile against your attacks. Now being a little confused no longer gives your enemies miraculous defensive benefits.

Disable Backer Dialogs

If this option is chosen, you can no longer "talk" to backer NPCs (experience their backstory). This option existed in the mod before, but was kind of hidden.

Cipher Base Focus

New Mod: Modifies cipher's starting focus in the beginning of combat. Options include none, quarter, half, three-quarters, or full focus.

Fast Scouting Mode

Now allows you to select whether “Fast Scouting” is disabled when any party member can see an enemy, or only when the scouting party member can. You can still leave it completely off.

UI Customization

1. You can access the UI customization from a button in the UI. This button is draggable as well in UI customization mode.
  2. Turned the frame selection feature into a dropdown instead of many separate buttons. Also easier to add your own frames, since no changes to the code are necessary (you just add the appropriate files to the iemod/frames folder, and that's it).
  3. Added a checkbox for enabling tooltip offset. This nudges the enemy tooltip that appears in the upper left hand corner to the right, so it's not blocked by other UI elements. It was an already present but somewhat hidden feature.
  4. Restoring defaults happens instantly. You don't leave the UI customization menu or need to reload.
  5. A few other small changes.

Known Issues

·         With the setting that allows "Combat-Only" abilities allowed out of combat, most "beginning of combat" abilities re-apply whenever leaving combat (chanter chants, cipher soul whip, etc)

·         Autosave settings may not be functioning correctly

If you want to report an issue with the mod, please include the following:

·         What platform are you playing on?

·         Do you have White March pt. 1?

·         What mod options you have on.

·         As many details about how you ran across the issue as possible.

It’s best to do this at the project home page (https://github.com/GregRos/IEMod.pw), but I will also collate reports from this thread and the Nexus page.

• Like 11

Good stuff, I will try to get to messing with the UI in the next few days and see what enhancements can be made.  If anyone on the site plays at greater than 1080p resolution and is using the mod with 2.0 please send me a side IM as I made need some assistance testing some of the high rez stuff later on.

• Like 3

My gratitude for this knows no boundaries.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Does anyone remember the console command to alter the width of selection circles?

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Does anyone remember the console command to alter the width of selection circles?

SelCircWidth 0.0 (example)

SelCircWidth 0.03 (bigger)

SelCircWidth 0.04 (default size)

Dunno if it still works as I don't know If i can talk myself into playing this game again(2 part expo ;\)...Witcher 3 atm for me even though Witcher 3 is pretty overrated...clunky as **** IMO.

Edited by GreyFox
  • Like 1

Thanks!

Honestly, I don't understand what the issue is with splitting the expansion in two parts, since the price is also split? Part I doesn't even end in a cliffhanger :)

tjayharvey, Springwight

I've run into a couple issues with the beta mod.

I'm running The White March on Windows. The mod retained most of my settings (except those you said it wouldn't) and I am not using any of those you mention as being bugged in your release notes.

• The first issue is with UI customization. I turned it on via option menu, disabled the portrait highlight (yay!), then removed the tick from the option in the option menu to get rid of the extra "Customize UI" button. However, that button just doesn't seem to go away. Area transition or saving/loading don't seem to help.
  • The second issue is with Disable Engagement. I used to have that option always ticked and the mod remembered, but I decided to play with Engagement for a while so I removed the tick before I started to play. The game, however, kept behaving as though I had kept the Disable Engagement mod on (no engagement indicators, no disengagement attacks, no "Disengage!" message upon disengaging.) After a save/load, disengagement indicators reappeared but I still don't seem to get the attacks and messages.

Let me know if you need additional details.

Edited by AndreaColombo

Thanks!

Honestly, I don't understand what the issue is with splitting the expansion in two parts, since the price is also split? Part I doesn't even end in a cliffhanger :)

It's probably a business decision. They need money to pay their employees right now, not in 6 months.

• issue is with UI customization. I turned it on via option menu, disabled the portrait highlight (yay!), then removed the tick from the option in the option menu to get rid of the extra "Customize UI" button. However, that button just doesn't seem to go away. Area transition or saving/loading don't seem to help.
  • The second issue is with Disable Engagement. I used to have that option always ticked and the mod remembered, but I decided to play with Engagement for a while so I removed the tick before I started to play. The game, however, kept behaving as though I had kept the Disable Engagement mod on (no engagement indicators, no disengagement attacks, no "Disengage!" message upon disengaging.) After a save/load, disengagement indicators reappeared but I still don't seem to get the attacks and messages.

Right now, you need to exit to the main menu and reload for those options to function correctly. I'll add it to the description.

UI Customization: That checkbox works differently right now. It just disables all UI customization, and is meant to reset everything to default. It doesn't just hide the button. There isn't a way to do that right now, but you can drag it around in UI customization mode. 

Actually, there seems to be a bug where the party bar doesn't reset its orientation until you exit the game. That will be fixed.

Edited by Springwight

It's probably a business decision. They need money to pay their employees right now, not in 6 months.

I know; my point was that I don't understand why so many people take issue with the expansion's being split. There's no cliffhanger and the price was also split, so I don't understand why it is a problem for so many.

UI Customization: That checkbox works differently right now. It just disables all UI customization, and is meant to reset everything to default. It doesn't just hide the button. There isn't a way to do that right now, but you can drag it around in UI customization mode.

All right; I'll just drag it around then. I simply misunderstood how the feature worked; I thought the tick was just to show/hide the button.

I know; my point was that I don't understand why so many people take issue with the expansion's being split. There's no cliffhanger and the price was also split, so I don't understand why it is a problem for so many.

Ah sorry :) Yeah, I don't get it either. 

All right; I'll just drag it around then. I simply misunderstood how the feature worked; I thought the tick was just to show/hide the button.

Alright. I'll try to make it clearer in the next release. 

• Like 1

So far, the 2.0.1 patch doesn't look like it's broken anything. I'll be testing some of the mods tonight but it doesn't look like this should take that long to turn around.

Edit: To Clarify, that doesn't mean the existing release will work with the 2.0.1 patch. It merely means that it should be quicker for us to make one that will work with this patch.

Edited by tjayharvey
  • Like 2

Okay so after an initial look at the UI I have seen two issues.  1: The scaling seems slight off what it used to be and everything is maybe 1-2 pixels bigger than it used to be?  This is a pain and I will work on testing that.  2: Biggest concern... custom buttons don't appear to work, or if they do, it is some sort of magical luck based die roll.

Spring if you or any of the other coders on this thing have a suggestion about the buttons let me know.  I haven't taken pics yet but what I am seeing is the buttons basically get spliced up and placed at random spots, sometimes multiple "parts" of buttons in one spot.  Got to be something to do with the image call in the mod where it is asking for buttons from the wrong spot on the image or something.

This is of course with 2.01 patch going... which still didn't fix the blurry text.  Or if it did using IE mod killed whatever fixed it.

Edited by Karkarov

Okay so after an initial look at the UI I have seen two issues.  1: The scaling seems slight off what it used to be and everything is maybe 1-2 pixels bigger than it used to be?  This is a pain and I will work on testing that.  2: Biggest concern... custom buttons don't appear to work, or if they do, it is some sort of magical luck based die roll.

Spring if you or any of the other coders on this thing have a suggestion about the buttons let me know.  I haven't taken pics yet but what I am seeing is the buttons basically get spliced up and placed at random spots, sometimes multiple "parts" of buttons in one spot.  Got to be something to do with the image call in the mod where it is asking for buttons from the wrong spot on the image or something.

This is of course with 2.01 patch going... which still didn't fix the blurry text.  Or if it did using IE mod killed whatever fixed it.

I don't really understand what you mean about the buttons. Do you mean the action button replacements? They work. I even helped someone out with his own custom button textures the other day.

I know that one time when someone had outdated button images from a version before 4.31, they looked all garbled, but after updating the assets, they worked fine. Here is what it looked like.

Can you show me what you mean by the change in size?

Having each update break the mod is already frustrating as a regular user, I can only imagine how much it pisses you guys.

We're working on it. Right now we have to provide the patched dll in order for the mod to work. This requires us to make separate versions for every platform and it always breaks on a patch. The (tentative) plan is to deliver the mod and the patcher as separate downloads and let users patch their own game dll. That means that, in cases like this where the mod doesn't appear to have broken anything obvious, and is at the very least functional, users could just repatch and get one with life.

Spring's been away the past couple nights. If nothing else, I will try to release a windows compatible version tomorrow night if he hasn't had the chance to. My personal patched version looks fine to me (but then, I don't use every mod).

Edited by tjayharvey
  • Like 3

I don't really understand what you mean about the buttons. Do you mean the action button replacements? They work. I even helped someone out with his own custom button textures the other day.

I know that one time when someone had outdated button images from a version before 4.31, they looked all garbled, but after updating the assets, they worked fine. Here is what it looked like.

Basically what you just described.  Maybe it was because I had an old savefile?  I am still experimenting with it right now.

here is a pic, like I said, just as your previous image showed really except that I AM using an updated file that came with the mod itself.  As for size it is hard to show in an image.  The buttons appear to be 1-2 pixels wider than they used to be as parts of the frame I designed are very very slightly cut off.  I doubt it is anything you can really change, fighting the scaling built into the game is something I was doing from day one anyway I can experiment with it and work around it.

id7RahmzjZKus.png

Having each update break the mod is already frustrating as a regular user, I can only imagine how much it pisses you guys.

We're working on it. Right now we have to provide the patched dll in order for the mod to work. This requires us to make separate versions for every platform and it always breaks on a patch. The (tentative) plan is to deliver the mod and the patcher as separate downloads and let users patch their own game dll. That means that, in cases like this where the mod doesn't appear to have broken anything obvious, and is at the very least functional, users could just repatch and get one with life.

Spring's been away the past couple nights. If nothing else, I will try to release a windows compatible version tomorrow night if he hasn't had the chance to. My personal patched version looks fine to me (but then, I don't use every mod).

So just a new .dll would make it work again? Could you upload that? :)

SelCircWidth 0.0 (example)

SelCircWidth 0.03 (bigger)

SelCircWidth 0.04 (default size)

Doesn't look like it's working.

Perhaps tjayharvey or Springwight could look into it for the next release?

I don't want to be a pesky user, but is there any ETA on an updated beta that works with 2.01?

Oh, never mind - I missed the post last night from tjayharvey (and while I can edit this post, I couldn't delete it).

Edited by kungfujoe

Erik Harris