So, White march 1 to ... 3?

As far as I know its just two parts... it was going to be one expansion but the split it in two so players would have new content sooner.

Or...why get paid once when you can get paid twice.

As far as I know, they are only charging one price for both parts.

Yep. I'm quite sure people who paid for the expansion on KS, for example, get both parts.

Wanna bet?

Sure. The first post of the announcement clearly states so:

Announcing the White March, Part I

We have an expansion to show you! Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part I is going to add additional character levels, spells, talents, areas, items, and companions to Pillars of Eternity. The expansion will come in two parts, and backers who already purchased the expansion will receive both part I and II. We will be announcing the release date soon, but the part I is not in the far future.

• Like 2

Yep. I'm quite sure people who paid for the expansion on KS, for example, get both parts.

Wanna bet?

Sure. The first post of the announcement clearly states so:

Announcing the White March, Part I

We have an expansion to show you! Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part I is going to add additional character levels, spells, talents, areas, items, and companions to Pillars of Eternity. The expansion will come in two parts, and backers who already purchased the expansion will receive both part I and II. We will be announcing the release date soon, but the part I is not in the far future.

Learn to read your language with understanding. It clearly states BACKERS. Everybody else will pay twice...

:lol:

Learn to read what you are quoting with understanding. KS = Kickstarter = BACKER. Rofl.

• Like 1

So, if I didn't purchase the expansion through KS but want to purchase through another platform (GOG, Steam, etc) will I need to pay for both parts? Will it be the same total price paid by backers split across both parts? Or will I end up paying more than the backers did?

I wouldn't be surprised if non-backers end up paying more, since I remember spending $20-$25 on POE originally while the final release was around $40-$45.

Wanna bet?

Sure.

So... http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81079-the-white-march-expansion-price-revealed-15-per-part-25-for-both/

Thank you for placing your bet, unfortunately the house wins  grin.gif

I pushed this through, but as it seems to me, the KS (backers) will get both xpacs, but only when they're released to the public. So, I'll get the first one when it comes out this month. Later, when the next one hits, I'll get that one also. As a kickstarter backer who had the xpac included in the bundle, that seems fair. I'm still getting a slight discount compared to someone who buys them off the shelf, but the guy who buys them off the shelf isn't completely screwed for missing the kickstarter campaign. At least, that's how it seems to me.

EDIT: Got a little confused and cleaned up the post.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Wanna bet?

Sure.

So... http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/81079-the-white-march-expansion-price-revealed-15-per-part-25-for-both/

Thank you for placing your bet, unfortunately the house wins  :grin:

You kinda lost that bet. You wanted to bet with person who said that KS backers will get both parts. And that is true.

Wanna bet?

Sure.

Thank you for placing your bet, unfortunately the house wins  :grin:

You kinda lost that bet. You wanted to bet with person who said that KS backers will get both parts. And that is true.

:sigh:  Do you   Sharp_one, realize that Obsidian does not receive the full amount charged for the game or for the expansion?  Kickstarter was a gamble on both the part of Obsidian and of those who backed the game.  Backers == freeloaders it seems.  Non-backers == suckers who are being penalized so it sounds.  

I am going to point out that without the donations from backers their would be no game to make an expansion for and it fact it is possible that there would be no Obsidian.  (Pats self on the back with great pride and sends virtual pats to all other backers)  A little personal note here.  When I backed the game I was not even certain I would live to play it.  I backed because I believe this type of game is important and should be supported.  There are backers who cannot play  the game.  I knew online some of them and it saddens me that they are not here to enjoy this marvelous game but maybe they have found an even better one elsewhere.

Edited by Nakia

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

As far as I know its just two parts... it was going to be one expansion but the split it in two so players would have new content sooner.

Or...why get paid once when you can get paid twice.

Its just split so you can have the content faster.

Its one expansion, worth $25 if I remember.

Eder: 'Can I pet him?'

That post indicates that you have the option to buy one part or both, soooo... neither of you win

I disagree. The case was:

They don't. THey are charging both separately and gave option to buy them in bundle. So it's not like buy part 1 and get part 2 when it comes out. You need to buy part 2 separately or in bundle beforehand.

The relevance of my post you question is that I have seen hundreds of post were non-backers seem to think that those of us who backed a game got some kind of special privilege.  Yes we had the privilege of paying for a game we very much wanted and we placed our faith in Obsidian to give it to us.  We took a chance and we made the game possible .

As for your post that I have quoted here, yes they, Obsidian and Paradox could have made it a one price buys both parts.  Would you like to bet what the price for the bundle would have been?   :devil: That is my evil smile icon which I am currently wearing on my face.  

• Like 1

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

Again, since getting both parts through Kickstarter was $20, getting both parts retail had to be at least $25. Which is what it is, coincidentally.

Not sure what the issue is?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Again, since getting both parts through Kickstarter was $20, getting both parts retail had to be at least $25. Which is what it is, coincidentally.

Not sure what the issue is?

Internet gets mad because they need to pay $ for content...

• Like 2

Eder: 'Can I pet him?'

That post indicates that you have the option to buy one part or both, soooo... neither of you win

I disagree. The case was:

They don't. THey are charging both separately and gave option to buy them in bundle. So it's not like buy part 1 and get part 2 when it comes out. You need to buy part 2 separately or in bundle beforehand.
Actually, not, that was not the case. You quoted Tigranes' post when placing the bet, so that's what everyone understood the bet was about. And Tigranes was right, backers get both parts, so you lost.

You should have been clearer in your original post. Besides, they are giving us the option to pay once at the standard price, without jacking it up. So if you want to argue the bet was about Alexander's post, then at best neither of you won.

Edited by Rosveen
  • Like 1

I think it's fine for folks to blow off steam, and nobody seems to have been gonzo crazy in this thread, but I don't understand the grounds for complaint. Even if I hadn't backed the game, I would still think the pricing is fair. If you backed, you get everything, even if you don't like the game, it's still yours. If you didn't back, but you loved the game, you can buy both for a standard price. If you liked the game, but not enough to take a chance on buying both parts of the xpac, you don't have to buy part 2 until you try part 1. The downside is that you pay just a bit more for part 2 if you do it that way. Every part of that seems perfectly on the level to me.

I freely admit sometimes I'm reading through stuff quickly and miss something, but is there some other issue than the pricing? Is it that they're putting out the xpac in two tranches? ...But even then getting two parts means getting a little bit early and then followed up by the rest later. Otherwise we'd simply get everything later.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I think it's just bad marketing.

If they had said "we're making two expansions", everyone would have been happy. But they said "We're making one expansion divided into 2 parts", so everyone is complaining.

Considering the trends these last few years, that change in wording could have made a big difference.

• Like 1

If they had said "we're making two expansions", everyone would have been happy. But they said "We're making one expansion divided into 2 parts", so everyone is complaining.

Considering the trends these last few years, that change in wording could have made a big difference.

Yeah, but it's one expansion. It really is--like how Lord of the Rings is *literally* one book, but the publishers split it up because it's just to damn big.

If they had called them two expansions, even more people would have whined about "DLC!" and "selling out!" and "everything used to be better!"

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!