RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

Well...erm...well...think i'll just back out of this thread slowly, close the window and try to lock it.

• Like 10

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm assuming this is a visual novel type deal?  I'm scared to click that link at work.  Anyway, why would anyone want to bang their own twin broth...  wait, never mind, this is the interned we're talking about.

I suppose it also depends on who you and your twin are. If you're Scarlette Johanson and your twin sister looks like Scarlette Johanson then you'll at least consider it right?

U7Hfw.gif

Keep in mind, I don't find Scarlett Johanson as attractive as a lot of men do (I don't think she's a troglodyte or anything, mind you), but even if you replaced her name with, say Io Shirai (the wrestler in my avatar), still nope.

In less incestuous, but just as sexual news, the Senran Kagura series has now sold more than 1 million copies worldwide.  Not a bad number for a niche, indie series.  For those not familiar with the series, it's a beat em' up that features a cast of all female, rather well endowed, ninjas whose clothes have a tendency to... explode during combat.  Proof once again that boobs still sell.  Also, Japan is still AWESOME.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

5 games to sell 1mil? That's not a good seller.

Keep in mind how niche the series is, this is far from a mainstream game.  Were it a mainstream game, yeah that figure would suck.  Most importantly, it's apparently profitable for the developer, so they'll likely keep making more.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah but if your point was that 'boob sell' it would sell more than that. Surely more than 200k gamers would be interested in playing b00bie games.

Fair point.  I still think the sales are decent for a series that essentially gets zero advertisement and zero coverage outside of niche sites and an occasional joke article at a mid-size site (the games might as well not exist to the IGNs and GameSpots of the world).  I imagine it probably gets some coverage (as well as the bulk of its sales) in Japan.  My boobs sell comment was more hyperbole than anything else (the "Japan is still awesome" comment, though, completely serious).  Really, I was just trying desperately to steer the thread away from incest *cringes* and latched on to the first piece of "news" I could.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I thought these forums were supposed to be safe for work?

Here is a more safe for work photo of naked boobies : http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj125/Gizmojunk/boobies-1.jpg

___

@topic ~ish

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/26/funcom-the-park-horror-game/

Something we already knew ~right?

http://www.medicaldaily.com/video-games-improve-decision-making-brain-power-real-time-strategy-games-starcraft-can-boost-253251

Edited by Gizmo

Since Nintendo is never going to bother making another proper F-Zero *sob* at least it looks like someone else developed the lovechild of F-Zero and Wipeout.

I'll take what I can get.  :dancing:

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

B00bies, f3t1sh and pr0n games can be made without any bruhaha whatsoever in Japan, after all it's a civilization where Social Justice was already achieved 2,000 years ago when our own ancestors were still rolling around in the muck.

tumblr_nrabc9qY5J1ta7pubo1_500.gif

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Strange, man, very strange.

XCOM 2 is delayed - http://xcom.com/news/en/xcom-2-now-coming-to-pc-worldwide-on-february-5-2016

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The newest member of the Street Fighter V roster:

Things I like about this:

• She's a pro-wrestler.  My unbridled love of rasslin' is no secret.
  • She does a Stone Cold Stunner.  Bonus points if you can flip off the opponent before hitting the Stunner.
  • The liberal use of ass-based offense.  I'd like to think she learned this from "The Funky Weapon" Ryusuke Taguchi.
  • Not shown in the trailer, but she can cut a promo in the middle of the match.

I hope she can do a Northern Lights Bomb and/or a Kudo Driver.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• She does a Stone Cold Stunner.  Bonus points if you can flip off the opponent before hitting the Stunner.
  • The liberal use of ass-based offense.  I'd like to think she learned this from "The Funky Weapon" Ryusuke Taguchi.

Hark I hear the sound of Tumbler being triggered.

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

A few posts back, friend:

...yours did have slightly more info in just the text, though. :p

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Where is the boob animation? Would not buy...

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

So if I wish to buy a complete copy of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided with all of the content, pre-order exclusives, bug fixes and expansion at a far cheaper price then I should simply wait a year for the inevitable game of the year edition on a Steam sale, rather than buying new? That is the message all of this publisher nickel and diming seems to give me, then again i'm old, patient, and tempus fugit.

• Like 6

Tea for the teapot!

You do not pay to unlock the tiers, at least from what I can gather.  They will unlock as more people pre-order.  So your one pre-order simply puts you in the pool.  It's a weird system, it is supposed to generate interest and get people pre-ordering, but it isn't quite a nickel and dime scheme.

edit:  I think they just unlock progressively no matter what actually.  It's kind of unclear.

edit 2 :  Ok, I see.  Each tier unlocks over time.  When a tier unlocks, you choose a reward.  Everyone who pre-orders gets 4 rewards and the 4 day access.  You do not pay more for more rewards, although I think there is a collector's edition.

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 1

So if I wish to buy a complete copy of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided with all of the content, pre-order exclusives, bug fixes and expansion at a far cheaper price then I should simply wait a year for the inevitable game of the year edition on a Steam sale, rather than buying new? That is the message all of this publisher nickel and diming seems to give me, then again i'm old, patient, and tempus fugit.

That's pretty much the gist of it. 

It saddens me that crap like this is going to be associated with a storied franchise.  The most hilarious part is that fanboys are going to come out in force defending and supporting this, because they are the ones who will pre-order this, in turn giving them a vested interest in influencing others to do the same.  If it wasn't so damn dirty, I'd applaud Squeenix for how ingenious this scheme is.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸