What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

You don't really have to grind the materials, though. From normal play and side-ops you usually get around needed materials all the time. Later in the story missions you'll also be able to send out soldiers on missions like materials gathering, etc.

I still can't get over how bad the ending is... especially how unfinished it feels. Really annoys the hell out of me.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I still can't get over how bad the ending is... especially how unfinished it feels. Really annoys the hell out of me.

Well, the rumor is (keep in mind I haven't played the game) that the game slipped many deadlines and was quite overbudget, which is what caused the Konami/Kojima split, so it seems to fit.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, the rumor is (keep in mind I haven't played the game) that the game slipped many deadlines and was quite overbudget, which is what caused the Konami/Kojima split, so it seems to fit.

Yeah, but truth told-- I can't really see why. If at all, I'd say the cutscenes are what made the previous games so expensive, but MGS5 features nearly none. The two huge gameworlds would be another thing, but truth told, they don't look *that* unique if you check the details... doubt it was eating that much money either (or let's say more than in the previous games). Maybe it's the technical stuff in the background- the custom engined that drained the money so hard. Otherwise I really don't know. All in all, it's a damn shame. Would gladly buy any DLC and stuff that expands the game as well, but I feel like we won't be getting anything like that.

The overbudget thing might as well be the reason they've made us pay for the prologue and then for the main game and now also for MGO... Heh, making people pay three times for one game.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Snake is more Rambo with me controlling him than James Bond.  I just don't seem to have the patience to do stealth for the big camps.  It's okay if there's only 4 or 5 enemies in a camp, I can do the whole stealth thing.  But once I come across a big camp, with double digits in enemies, I pretty much end up having to shoot my way through.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I finished Renowned Explorers: International Society today, finally going through all 5 expeditions and becoming the most renowned explorer.  Admittedly, I bumped the difficulty down from "classic" (the default, fairly rough difficulty) to "normal" to get it done, as I was getting slaughtered on classic difficulty.  I'll probably play the game some more in the future, maybe bump difficulty back up to classic and do some of the expeditions I haven't done yet.  I had fun with the game.  It's nothing that's going to win Game of the Year awards, but it's a pretty fun and lighthearted game with a little more depth than it seems at first.  In the game that I just completed I wound up going mostly friendly and basically just made buddies with all the enemies when they all realized how obviously awesome I am.

This works out pretty well with SOMA releasing on Tuesday as it frees up playing time for me to soil my tidy whities getting frightened.  I'm also really close to finishing Crookz - The Big Heist.  I think I have 2 missions left to do and will likely finish the game in the next couple of days.  The timing has worked out nearly perfectly.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

FEAR 3 was on sale a few days ago on steam and i got it along with the (also on sale)  Shadow of Mordor GotYE

i started FEAR 3 yesterday and while it's not bad, it certainly lacks things compared to 1 and 2. my biggest problem with it is the sound design. in cutscenes especially the dialogue is almost inaudible, even if i set its volume to max while all other sliders are bellow 50% (the music in particular is down to 10% and its still loud enough to cover all other sound)

Edited by teknoman2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Stole my second nuke to dismantle last night, but couldn't actually complete that before going to bed. Someone stole it back while I was asleep.

I will unleash such a fury tonight.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

How do you even build a nuke- I haven't figured that out yet. Also in one cutscene it was said I should give the order to use the "Battle Gear" in combat, but again... till today I couldn't figure out how.

Replaying Starcraft 2, shame the SP campaign isn't as subtly a series of "use the new unit" as I recall other games being.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I finally have a language interpreter.  So now I can actually interrogate enemies I've subdued rather than just them mumbling a bunch of gibberish.

They still mumble a bunch of gibberish.. only with subtitles!

Well yeah, but at least you get useful intel out of them now.  Before I'd just get Ocelot telling me that I need an interpreter every time I tried to get one of them to talk.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

a little swtor in anticipation o' expansion... not much else. busy with work.

am holding off on pillars of eternity expansion 'cause we did not wanna be displeased by brevity... we believe that half an expansion would likely disappoint if for no other reason than perceived brevity, so am gonna wait and give full expansion our attention.

had considered finally buying da:i, but our initial plan were to wait for end-of-year bundle.  why mess with the plan, eh?

gonna wait our traditional 6 months for shadowrun as we didn't join kickstarter.

wasteland 2 update is coming october? 

nowadays we spend most o' our gaming in anticipation o' gaming.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Replaying Starcraft 2, shame the SP campaign isn't as subtly a series of "use the new unit" as I recall other games being.

Wings of Liberty ranks highly amongst my disappointments in gaming. Not because of the gameplay but because of the story (that little there actually is). I wonder whose brilliant idea it was to turn one of the most badass characters in the history of RTS into a mewling, alcoholic emo clutching a picture of Kerrigan and whining "Sarah I MUSS U SOOOO MUCH!!!!" into his drink. Sheesh.

Of course Blizzard managed to top even that with retconning the Zerg origins in Heart of the Swarm, but then again, at that point I no longer expected anything better. :facepalm:

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

How do you even build a nuke- I haven't figured that out yet. Also in one cutscene it was said I should give the order to use the "Battle Gear" in combat, but again... till today I couldn't figure out how.

Combat Deployment is where you use Battle Gear.

You build nukes on the resource screen.

I found out that the guy who stole it from me is also in the nuke disarmament trade, he just didn't see my emblem. I've decided not to murder his entire FOB.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Got "Quiet".  It happened by accident, too.  I was going to do a side-op, but I had to pass by that region to reach it.  When I walked near where she was, it automatically triggered a cutscene and the mission began.

I'm also having trouble with that one main story mission where you have to destroy those two tanks.  I only have the most basic RPG unlocked, and the thing does absolutely no damage to the tanks.  Plus, their targeting is like perfect and as soon as they lock on, I'm done.  I tried calling in helicopter support, but all that did is get my helicopter blown up.

I'm also having trouble with that one main story mission where you have to destroy those two tanks.  I only have the most basic RPG unlocked, and the thing does absolutely no damage to the tanks.  Plus, their targeting is like perfect and as soon as they lock on, I'm done.  I tried calling in helicopter support, but all that did is get my helicopter blown up.

Run up to them and use fulton. Usually you should be able to get close to them with running a circle, then get to them from behind. If no other unit has seen you yet, then they won't know if you are there unless you run up directly from the front.

I usually fultoned every combat vehicle. There is one later mission where you have to stop 7 russian tanks... I fultoned all of them, and another 2 tanks in the following bonus mission(ending). :> The normal APCs can be rendered unable to drive if you hit them once directly in the back. This makes them very easy prey. The battle tanks usually stop for a short time if you hit them- perfect moment to use fulton.

Combat Deployment is where you use Battle Gear.

You build nukes on the resource screen.

But it's not just available there? I mean, I once saw a mission where it appeard on the right side under my units, but most of the time there is just generic stuff. Appears to be quite random to me.

Edited by Lexx

SOMA is out.  I played a bit of it this morning before going to work (I like to get up early and have lots of time in the morning so I don't need to rush).  It starts out normal enough, well minus the

brain damage

(not much of a spoiler, it's just about the first thing told to you in the game).  Then stuff changes...  It's not really scary yet, more like wait, what, where?  Then again, I only played a little over half hour of the game so far and only just got to the messed up **** is going on here part.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

If it isn't that much about horror, then I might as well try it out.

Not at the very beginning, anyway, but where I left off things just got weird and I could sense unfriendly things were going to be happening.

[shameless plug]Check out my first LP video if you want to see how the game begins.  I scheduled the video to go up in about an hour (9:30 AM EDT), though it probably won't have a 1080p/60 version for several hours longer and longer than that for 1440p/60.[/shameless plug]

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Wings of Liberty ranks highly amongst my disappointments in gaming. Not because of the gameplay but because of the story (that little there actually is). I wonder whose brilliant idea it was to turn one of the most badass characters in the history of RTS into a mewling, alcoholic emo clutching a picture of Kerrigan and whining "Sarah I MUSS U SOOOO MUCH!!!!" into his drink. Sheesh.

Of course Blizzard managed to top even that with retconning the Zerg origins in Heart of the Swarm, but then again, at that point I no longer expected anything better. facepalmri6.gif

Pretty much, heh, read an article on the story and how it's nothing but a series of money shots and trailer-ready one liners. Well, it will be fun in LoTV when Amon tries to seize control of a big crystal to end creation and we need to blow him up with zerg souls or something. I hope there is a funny twist where Zeratul kills Kerrigan after Amon is defeated tongue.png

As an aside the Russian dub of the cutscenes sounds pretty cool, heh.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Of course Blizzard managed to top even that with retconning the Zerg origins in Heart of the Swarm, but then again, at that point I no longer expected anything better. :facepalm:

Getting drunk after your lady love became a genocidal alien monstrosity also responsible for the death of at least one good friend is a reasonable reaction imo.

I was more annoyed by Blizzard need to do a 'Have we mentioned how heroic Jim is today?' every cutscene.

• Like 2

I actually liked Wings of Liberty. It was completly different from Blizzard's usual hamfisted fanfic-level writing. I think it shows they had Andy Chambers in the writing team, and I feel he did some good world building in that game, setting up locations, people and factions for later installments. Then came Heart of the Swarm and undid everything by being some of the worst writing in vidgy game history.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).