Good Old Games

Blarghagh

The first batch of games had nothing I was interested in, but they updated with new games and I see Dex for 67% off. Has anyone played that? Is it worth a five-er?

It's a bit clunky but it was a fun 2D Deus Ex. Payed €18 or something for it and was fairly happy with that.

2D Deus Ex, eh?  Color me interested.  Can you ghost it?

I haven't played very much of it, but it's kind of like SNES Shadowrun mixed with a beat 'em up. I'm not using the stealth approach, though. Mostly been using the 'punch anything that moves' approach.

But you can stealth at least some of it?  You don't have to kill everyone?

Okay, messed around with it for awhile. I think there are large sections you can stealth, BUT there's no stealth skill (which may or may not be a bonus depending on your gaming preferences), must of the time you'll be using stealth to get around and get insta-kills on NPCs (although most of those sections you can avoid killing if you so choose), you'll still have to fight a fair bit, and at least the first couple of bosses you can't be stealthed (which should totally be a word, but isn't) around.

Note: This is from speedrunning the first few quests and not from trying a stealth approach for an entire game.

• 1 month later...

I have to WARnder what games GOG will HAMMER out for Halloween, perhaps a game about battling the undead, something DARK and OMENous to match the season. Hint, hint.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Autumn sale chaps.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

As always, nothing on it that I don't own (and still have to play)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 2 weeks later...

Whelp, GOG just introduced a store wallet, which'll allow such fun features as in-game purchases (yup, microtransactions). I'm not entirely sure whether I should be happy about this - well, aside from the fact that a company with a track record of technical ineptitude may now directly receive access to large chunks of money from their customers.

An old post, but I think I found the answer "why?" and came along with my Gwent beta key: there are microtransactions in Gwent for card packs. Playing rounds against people earn you in game currency that you can use to purchase packs, or you can do the microtransactions.

Edited by the_dog_days

And another sale, this time for Black Friday and barely a week after the last one ended. Limbo for free if you have Connect.

(Probable Bioshock(s) incoming as well, judging by the sale's leader style, colour and font; though they aren't there at this point)

Cossacks 3 released as well, which is a recent release. Oddly enough it has a minimum spec requiring 6GB of RAM and a recommended requiring, uh, 4GB at the moment.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No Bioshocks, but Civ III, IV and CivCity Rome are released. I have the first two on disk but missed the latter so I will definitely be picking it up at some point.

I found Civ City Rome to be disappointing, compared to the Caesar games, so you may not be missing much. Wasn't anything too awful though.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 2 weeks later...

Yooka-Laylee preorders available on GOG \o/

https://www.gog.com/news/preorder_yookalaylee

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

• 1 month later...

Hilarious old builder game, in which you are contracted to build housing for people- it's crazy politically incorrect, with everything from fascist white trash to snobby elitists and mob scare tactics to screw the competition.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Constructor HD is out soon I believe, as well.

http://www.system3.com/games/constructor-hd/

Edited by Malcador

Constructor is still available for free

OK...Second chance to get the original 1997 Constructor game for FREE. JUST LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE which we would really appreciate so we can keep you up today on Constructor news

Here is the code ZVSYRAFB that will work as of now where ever you are in the world BUT FOR ONLY 48 hours. Please use this link to redeem your free game and please like our Facebook Page https://www.gog.com/redeem We are really sorry that so many of you missed the free download on Jan 31. Hope this helps.

So Cayne, a sci-fi adventure horror game set in the STASIS universe, is out on GOG for free.

Nope, I haven't played either Cayne or STASIS. BUT:

you can't beat free.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

• 2 weeks later...

Laura Bow games added. I never played these or knew about them until recently. Might give them a spin

Hehe they're awesome, but i hope you understand what you're getting into by trying to play them.

Well wouldn't be my first Sierra adventure game, imagine it could be trickier than the PQ games

Eschalon: Book I for free on GOG.

https://www.gog.com/game/eschalon_book_i

Nothing written about it in news, so I do not know, if it is until the end of time, or temporarily until the end of current sale.

And of course, if you buy Numenera on GOG, you get Lords of Xulima for free.

The offer is on mainpage and lasts 37 more hours.

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours