Good Old Games

Blarghagh

I have pretty damn long backlog,

Welcome to the club. How can someone resist these offers, if there are so many great games to buy and play? I know I'm going to buy something. I always do, but I choose carefully. I only want the best CRPGs for me to play. So, no pointless hack'n'slays for me, I'm a story lover.

By the way, does anyone know if the Witcher 3 will run with a Radeon 7850 , too? The system requirements mention a Radeon 7870, but maybe I'm lucky.

Well, that's how I have started to go with sales, and carefully choosing the games as well, but the backlog is still growing and growing :(

So, that is the reason, why I am happy, that I am leaving tomorrow for vaccation, so that I will not be tempted :D

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Noooooooo!

Oh yes. Years of having no life mean a lot of cash for these sales. Muahahha

Anyone want a GK 20th anniversary edition key ?

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Metagames, GOG? That really is pretty Valvetastic. He says, having not actually bought anything yet so not actually knowing what the asterisks they mean with their experience points and heroes talk.

I'm always vaguely amused to read through the sales, find stuff that interests me then notice that I already own it but forgot. What a mindless slave to capitalism I have become, and as such I'm probably going to get Homeworld(s), Legends of Eisenwald and Age of Decadence.

Edited by Zoraptor

So it's like ~1k XP for each $1 spent, right?

I've accrued like 50k XP already, and it's only been 3 days. And there's still a bunch of newer games I'm mildly interested in, like Stasis and Age of Decadence. But there's also the older stuff I'm looking at like the SW bundle and VTMB because a lot of disks are missing or damaged, and I'm a lazy bum.

I guess I should set a red line and make sure I don't spend more than %f obamas on this sale, or come next month I'm going to really hate myself.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I have almost everything I wanted and three free games more. Steam's next. Unfortunately, I can't take the Witcher 3 for now. Well, there's always a next sale. Until then I'm going to enjoy the summer as long as it lasts.

Edited by LittleRose

Meh, not a fan of the "buy everything to get it cheaper".. 

When I'm sold on title X for the price of Y, I get a little annoyed when it multiplies just because I don't wanna re-buy the 4 games I already own.

Fortune favors the bald.

Dreamfall as the reward for XP, haha.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This sale would be much more awesome if it wouldn't read "OWNED" in the lower right corner of pretty much every offer. All that's left are things I have no or only a passing interest in. Le sigh.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

• 1 month later...

Dead Space, Dragon Age: Origins ultimate edition and some Simcity game are out on GOG I noticed, though most probably they were all purchased long ago by you worthy consumers.

A note of caution on Dead Space for the cack handed like myself, the games keys are not rebindable ingame. I do not know whether GOG have fixed this or if there's a solutiion online.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

A note of caution on Dead Space for the cack handed like myself, the games keys are not rebindable ingame. I do not know whether GOG have fixed this or if there's a solutiion online.

Just took this shot from Steam version:

NFRVgFw.png

Perhaps it was another iteration of the game or older version? No matter. You can rebind controls, not for controller tho.

• Like 1

Oh well thats good to see, previously the cursor keys (my movement keys of choice being left handed) just could not be bound.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to say thank you.

Edit#2: No still not able to bind cursor keys, wonder if it's my keyboard? Hey ho, walk the dog time anyway.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Edit#2: No still not able to bind cursor keys, wonder if it's my keyboard? Hey ho, walk the dog time anyway.

Not at all, I can't bind them either. Or use numeric keyboard for that matter. Well actually, 1, 3 and 5 work for whatever reason, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 don't, 'cause... They've been naughty? Incredibly dumb omission.

You can't rebind cursor keys in DS, never have been able to. Only way to do it is with one of the key binding utilities. It's not the sort of thing GOG can really fix as it isn't a bug per se, it's just how the game is built. The vysnc issue is a bug but since EA never fixed it in three games I wouldn't expect it to be fixed either- and it does have a relatively easy solution.

I have to admit I really liked Dead Space. It's very derivative of System Shock 2 and parts of it are almost directly cribbed from its design docs (hydroponics) but it's derivative in a good way. The lack of HUD and having Isaac take up a third of the screen plus be lumbering and imprecise seems like bad ideas as well, but they just work practically.

Plus, I get some amusement that Isaac is basically Arnold Rimmer, vending machine repair man, rather Master Chief McDoomGuy like nearly every other equivalent protagonist.

• Like 2

Apparently there is a way to rebind all keys:

https://www.gog.com/forum/dead_space/about_the_unbindable_arrow_keys_heres_a_fix

I haven't tried it though. The PC port is still a buggy mess. Depressing, really. Turn V-Sync off and you get very early on, after being treated to some really creepy flying corpse trick. Turn it on and the mouse controls just go haywire. Not to mention the copious dead zone space if you try to play with a controller. Sheesh.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

• 1 month later...

I uave missed it, but GOG put up on store two brilliant classic strategies, from which took Blizz few inspiration for Starcraft.

https://www.gog.com/news/release_war_wind_war_wind_ii

warwind 1 and 2

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Witcher 3 at 50% off... tempting, but I did promise myself not to buy more of those until I finally can bring myself to slog it through Witcher 2. It just fails completely to interest me the same way the first game did (which I replayed quite a few times). Might be the crappy interface, the even worse combat, not sure what it is that makes me want to forget about the game, like some unpleasant memory you want to repress.

• Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You can't rebind cursor keys in DS, never have been able to. Only way to do it is with one of the key binding utilities. It's not the sort of thing GOG can really fix as it isn't a bug per se, it's just how the game is built. The vysnc issue is a bug but since EA never fixed it in three games I wouldn't expect it to be fixed either- and it does have a relatively easy solution.

I have to admit I really liked Dead Space. It's very derivative of System Shock 2 and parts of it are almost directly cribbed from its design docs (hydroponics) but it's derivative in a good way. The lack of HUD and having Isaac take up a third of the screen plus be lumbering and imprecise seems like bad ideas as well, but they just work practically.

Plus, I get some amusement that Isaac is basically Arnold Rimmer, vending machine repair man, rather Master Chief McDoomGuy like nearly every other equivalent protagonist.

I liked the start of Dead Space, then it became too monotonous and I'm really not a fan of the design choice to make controls cumbersome as a means to raise difficulty. Even then, the only times I remember dying were in QT events, which were annoying also, and another sequence or two. So, ultimately, the crappy controls didn't make the game harder, it just added visual annoyance.

Witcher 3 at 50% off... tempting, but I did promise myself not to buy more of those until I finally can bring myself to slog it through Witcher 2. It just fails completely to interest me the same way the first game did (which I replayed quite a few times). Might be the crappy interface, the even worse combat, not sure what it is that makes me want to forget about the game, like some unpleasant memory you want to repress.

If you click through the worthless, over written dialogue, the game is extremely short(Witcher 2). I won't bother with the 3rd game since I didn't enjoy the 2nd one, and I'm tired of that setting and those characters. Skyrim still has much better sprawling views.

Witcher 3 GOTY comes out on the 30th anyway.

hopefully means a deal on DLC for those of us who couldn't wait.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg