Beta Patch 2.0 - Aufra is missing

Azzinoth224

Question

15 answers to this question

Hey Azzinoth224,

Yes, those files are exactly what I need. Thank you.  I have entered the bug into our database and sent it along to the appropriate team. 

I discovered a work around. For some reason the fog of war was not dispersing so Aufra was not appearing. You will have to activate the cheats in the console command which will disable achievements in steam if you do this. 

Disclaimer: Performing this work around will disable steam achievements.

In the console command type:

iroll20s

After you have activated the cheats type in:

nofog

and Aufra will appear. 

Thank you for your support!

The new update v2 just installed automatically (Steam version) since it's out of beta, and this bug was apparently never fixed and just hit me. Sounds very bad, and I really don't want to give up all Steam achievements. Any other solution?

There is a method to reset a level. Since I do not care about the achievements, i have used the console and do not know whether it can solve your problem.
Go to C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity, open your current save game with Winrar (or any file archiver) and delete AR_0715_Home_01.fog and AR_0715_Home_01.lvl.
Good Luck.

Hej,
I've just had the same bug, and tried Azzinoth's suggestion. Open the savegame, delele the fog and level file and reload the savegame. And indeed it did solve the problem, the house (and Aura) are how and where they are supposed to be. I don't know if this disables achievements, the game didn't give me any indication of it, and it seems unlikely I guess. 

Thanks for the hint :-)

Hey Everyone,

Could someone who has this issue, please upload a save file along with an output/player log through dropbox and post the link here?  If possible, please make sure that the file is before you enter the house.

You can find the files I require by clicking on the link in my signature below.

Thanks a bunch!

Hej,

I've done as you requested and you can find all the files here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2830379/aufra.zip

It includes the savegame (party in front of the house after having done all other steps of the quest "A mother's plea" or whatsitcalled), the output_log (I Alt+F4'ed the game, dunno if that was what's meant by 'quitting' the game) and a screenshot of the party being inside the house. 

Hope that's of any help.

Cheers

Edit: Just read that it's already been fixed, should've paid more attention to what's going on in here. Darn ;D

Edited by pohly