Stronghold problems/questions

I have two questions about the stronghold features.

First, when I check on my hirelings the page shows that they are all unpaid however I have money to pay them and on the status screen it says that I spent 250cp on pay. Is there a way to directly pay them? Is this an issue that can cause me to lose the security and prestige bonuses they offer since it says they are unpaid even though it took my coins?

Second, I sent Eder on a Major Adventure that says it lasts 3 turns. I need him back as my tank to continue on and thought I could just rest 3 times to pass the turns or just wait with the game unpaused and have the time pass like it does for construction. I have found that neither of these options seem to work as the remaining time for his return is still stuck at 3 turns. Am I not understanding what a turn would be considered in this game? What makes this time pass by?

Hmm, if it is tied to quests then I may be in trouble because I completed most of the side quests I have come across before being able to send my companions on adventures. I only have the companion quest side quests left right now and haven't gotten to the big city area yet. I guess the best way to do the adventures is to wait and only do them when you have extra party members that you don't need for day-to-day playing?

Also, if I am able to play on some with Eder away will he miss out on any experience I may get for my party and when I have more companions to pick from than I keep in my party will they also miss out on experience if I leave them at the keep?

Edited by crine

Hmm, if it is tied to quests then I may be in trouble because I completed most of the side quests I have come across before being able to send my companions on adventures. I only have the companion quest side quests left right now and haven't gotten to the big city area yet. I guess the best way to do the adventures is to wait and only do them when you have extra party members that you don't need for day-to-day playing?

Also, if I am able to play on some with Eder away will he miss out on any experience I may get for my party and when I have more companions to pick from than I keep in my party will they also miss out on experience if I leave them at the keep?

Pretty much the purpose of the "adventures" is to give your unused party members a means to earn items, gold, experience, etc. They earn a small portion of experience when you aren't using them, but really the adventure system is meant to be granting full XP parity, I think.

Actually ... they gain quite a lot of XP from those adventures.

And did you try recalling Eder from the adventure?

No I didn't want to recall because I think if I do I lose whatever I could have gotten from the adventure and can't redo it.

First, when I check on my hirelings the page shows that they are all unpaid however I have money to pay them and on the status screen it says that I spent 250cp on pay. Is there a way to directly pay them? Is this an issue that can cause me to lose the security and prestige bonuses they offer since it says they are unpaid even though it took my coins?

That's a display bug. They're being paid fine, no need to worry.

Also, for almost all adventures (maybe with the exception of "Legendary" or the like), you don't really miss out on anything that is unique. If you can't see a way to continue, better recall them instead of stopping to play. :)

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Actually ... they gain quite a lot of XP from those adventures.

Yes, yes they do. like I said, when not using them they gain a small amount of XP--because the adventure system is meant to create the full XP parity with a character used in a party. If you don't put them into adventures and don't have them in your party, they will gain only a small amount of experience over time.