monitor receives no signal from gfx card after few minutes

karlsimon

Question

Hi! here follows a brief description of my problem:

After starting the game the monitor enters "sleep mode" after a few minutes (sometimes 4 min, sometimes 5 or 6 min). I have a Dell U2713HM monitor and a wacom cintiq22HD as secondary monitor. I have disabled all energy saving settings and screen saver in Windows. Updated the driver for the Quadro 2000 gfx card. Updated driver for monitor. Tried disabling the secondary monitor through Nvidia control panel and switched it off. The monitor (the dell) displays the same message that it would do if I turn my computer off but leave the monitor on. The music from the game is still playing so it doesnt seem to have crashed. Any ideas what I can do?

Im also attaching a jpg depiciting a message similar to the monitor power saving message that I get.

I dont have a savegame to attach since I haven't gotten that far in yet.

all the best,

Simon

post-155814-0-94125300-1438988845_thumb.gif

karlsimon_DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

10 answers to this question

Sounds like it could have something to do with the games resolution or refresh rate. Try different options at PoEs graphic Settings. Also try enabling/disabling the Fullscreen Option. You could also try lowering the Monitor  refresh rate in Windows 7, if that doesn´t help.

Edited by Ickis99

Hello.  It sounds to me like the problem might stem from your video card.  A quadro card is not meant for gaming, but instead for making the games as I'm sure you are aware.  The architecture of a quadro card is different than a geforce and doesn't do calculations quite the same way.  Are you able to try a different video card that is officially supported?  Thanks for your support.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Ickis99: Thanks, I tried these ideas and none of them works unfortunately. Worth a try though cheers!

Celliott: The Quadro is the only one I have unfortunately, I got it since I do graphics on this computer more than play games, thought it'd be good for both...I might get a gforce aswell but I dont know how well they would work together...

I did manage to quickly get into the game itself and make a savegame but I cant seem to upload it here for some reason...

thanks,

Simon

Hello again.  While I am no expert on what can run what, I have done some research for you.  I believe that with your current setup you would be able to run the game at 1440p with a card such as the GTX 670.  It is older by 3 or so generations and according to Game Debate will be able to run the game at high settings.  Good luck!

Do keep in mind that Game Debate's algorithms might not always be accurate and this should only be used as an estimate, and not an official way to determine if your pc can run the game at these settings.  Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/