He participated in the Mandalorian wars but I guess he did not choose to follow Revan to the Dark Side. So he is effectively exiled to the Outer Rim. Not welcomed by the Jedi Council or Sith.

That is a nice theory.

It is. tho I think it will be a bit deeper than that.

I think revan left because he knocked up bastila, and he's a dead beat jedi

He participated in the Mandalorian wars but I guess he did not choose to follow Revan to the Dark Side. So he is effectively exiled to the Outer Rim. Not welcomed by the Jedi Council or Sith.

Very plausable.

Very plausable.

There probably IS more to it, but that's part of it, based on some of the pre-release stuff I've read (poke around Bioware's KOTOR boards; this stuff is discussed extensively). It says he took part in the Mandalorian Wars and it says he was exiled. It doesn't say he was exiled CUZ he took part in the Mandalorian Wars, but I'm pretty sure that's what they were getting at.

That's what I was thinking too. The Jedi participated in the Mandalorian wars against the Order's orders, he/she/it participated in them, so wasn't exactly lauded as a hero after the massive fall.

Well, I mean, we could be wrong, but they didn't mention the Mandalorian wars as an after-thought. That's gonna be a big play for the character.

I think that sounds good. Did you make that up?

My guess is that the PC suffered from a moral dilemma after Revan and Malak went DS, he simply just needing some time for himself, thinking. With a bag of cheesypoofs ofcourse.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Could be the same reasons that made Jolee go into exile...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Here's my completely speculative thoughts on this matter:

He followed Revan and Malak into the Mandalorian wars, quite possibly having close ties with them, and having worked with them extensively before their mutual fall to the dark side was make known to the general public.

He expected to kick some Mandalorian ass, save the galaxy, come back as a hero.

POSSIBLY he was in Revan and Malak's inner circle, and was asked to join them, depending on how close he was, rather than turn them in, as he really should have, he took an indifferent stance, but refused to follow them at the same time.

He went into hiding as he would likely be a target for both the Jedi, and the Sith, fitting in with neither of them, because he had fallen, or had a near fall of his own, and did not turn them in, which he could have done, and quite possibly avoided alot of bloodshed.

Scared by his own near brush with the Dark Side, he resolves never to use the force again, a la Kyle Katarn.

And is thus making his meager living on this backwater asteroid until the events of KotOR 2, where the galaxy needs him/her again, whether s/he likes it or not.

This is all of course hypothetical, but it does make for a rather nice story...be interesting to see if any of it turns out like this. :rolleyes:

Turn them in to who? The Jedi Council? They couldn't have done anything to stop Revan and his forces by that point.

It all depends on how early along it came to light to him/her of what was really going on. If s/he had found out just as they were discovering the Star Forge, things could have been significantly different to say the least. All speculation though, I just pulled it out of my ass. :rolleyes: