The Funny Things Thread

Blarghagh

1) Declaring "I know the police chief" like that, is in fact a threat.

No, it's a declaration that she knows her rights and is being upfront. Not exactly polite conversation but its absolutely insane to interpret it as a threat.

2) Declaring that you're a campus "anti-rape" activist is a huge red flag. Everyone is against rape.

And she presumably actively works to help victims of rape and raise awareness of rape related issues on campuses. Unless you yourself are a rapist it seems odd to be intimidated by this.

are almost all emotionally unhinged people who have fully bought into the "rape culture" moral panic and the infantilizing "everything that happens to women is rape" 3rd wave feminist dogma.

It always amazes me how the most adamant haters of "3rd wave feminism" literally have no idea what it is. At all.

I dislike the 3rd wave too, the thing is you're not describing it even slightly.

If I regret our encounter later for any reason, you'll be accused of rape. You get the idea.

Ah yes the delusional reddit conspiracy that women run around trying to convict men of rape all the time.

Honestly, I agree almost entirely with Namutree. Her reaction to him being uncomfortable came across as bizarre, and he is fully entitled to turn down whoever he wants for whatever reason; however fearing she'll accuse someone of rape just because she's an anti-rape activist who is upfront on her dates is absolutely insane.

I think it comes down to how you read the tone, and that's always going to be a personal interpretation.

To some the things she said and that style come across in a somewhat pushy, half threatening "if things go bad I'm going to be reaching for this bat" type of way. To others it's more a "I'm just being safe and letting you know this in case of issues".

Either way, it made the guy uncomfortable so he backed out, and that's his choice. Her rage over it seems a bit odd regardless.

Personally, I'd see it in a better light if it was more a "I let a friend know where I was going and the name of the guy I was meeting" as a general safety net. But jumping to the big name drop of "police chief" does seem a little overkill and heavy handed.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Still, we should wander back into the random amusements territory rather than get stuck being oh so serious here...

tumblr_nwuw9gDBNu1qewacoo2_500.png

tumblr_nwuw9gDBNu1qewacoo1_500.png

tumblr_nwuh7wvpuM1qewacoo1_500.jpg

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

People are far too sensitive about people being suspicious of them.

I'd have to agree with this. People take suspicion too personally. I think her being in a rage was a bit uncalled for though; I mean, it's not that big a deal. Both of them were being silly IMO.

How can you not take suspicion personally?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

i read a nice one... the 10 jobs that attract the most psychopaths (and most require you to be one to be good at it). just to be clear, a psychopath is not a serial killer but a person that has no conscience, no empathy, feels no remorse and will do anything for his personal gain without regard for others.

1. CEO 

2. Lawyer

3. any frontliner in the media (ie news anchorman)

4. Salesman

5. Surgeon

6. Reporter

7. Policeman

8. Priest

9. Chef

10. Bureaucrat

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I'd say the most hilarious part of the activist thing is that she is on Tinder trying to meet guys.  Really?

Well, that's what it is for. Just depends on the definition of 'meet', right ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Funnily enough i'd rather be imprisoned than be forced to sit through Wicked.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Neat advertising aside, found it a bit amusing.

Funnily enough i'd rather be imprisoned than be forced to sit through Wicked.

I took the wife to it a few years back.  It wasn't too bad.  Although I'm not much on musicals in general, the only other one I've seen was Les Miserable.

I'd rather (re)read the Baum books than see Wicked.

May be just me, though.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

She called him a '****boy'. Not much more needs to be said. Imagien if he had called her a '****girl'. L0LZ

Also, that video about men 'apologizing' to women is creepy. I couldn't finish watching it. I mean 'worshipping'? WTH

\Is that one SJW Nazis are doing now? Making women gods? HOLY HELL NO!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

People are far too sensitive about people being suspicious of them.

I'd have to agree with this. People take suspicion too personally. I think her being in a rage was a bit uncalled for though; I mean, it's not that big a deal. Both of them were being silly IMO.

I have to agree. Tinder is an app to meet and (likely)****, it's fine to be suspicious, after all: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-man-jake-powers-suspected-of-raping-tinder-date-possibly-more/

That said, it's a casual sex app. Someone turning you down could mean they found someone they think is more attractive or more dtf. Don't be so hung up on someone not wanting to **** you.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1446136240072.png

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands