The Funny Things Thread

Blarghagh

I had a theory that the anglo-american feminist bent owed more to the "moral guardian" tradition where continental European feminism had roots in sex positive "free-love." And I guess this comic kind of proves this:

children-will-love-it.png

• Like 3
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I had a theory that the anglo-american feminist bent owed more to the "moral guardian" tradition where continental European feminism had roots in sex positive "free-love." And I guess this comic kind of proves this:

No that's just because Denmark due allows bestiality and has become a sex tourist destination for zoophiles.
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Boring post

Given that European countries (especially Scandinavian ones) are more likely to base policy on supposed "sex-negative" grounds I'd say the dichotomy is more philosophical rather than locational.

Crudely, "sex-positive" feminism has its roots in philosophical idealism so believes an individual's thoughts and actions exist independently from their material conditions. In contrast "sex-negative" feminism draws from philosophical materialism and thus argues that our thoughts and actions will be determined by our material conditions. To give a rather simple example: On the question of "high-heel shoes" the sex-positive feminist would look to the individual and advocate we respect her choice to wear those shoes and in contrast the "sex-negative" feminist would be unconcerned with the actions of the individual and instead examine society at large noting how this is an expectation enforced on one sex.

Of course none of this is relevant to the actual comic which from what I can tell is depicting the differences between American and European attitudes towards sex and doing a rather poor job of it. Despite American culture's hangups over depictions of sex they still manage to hypersexualize everything. Look no further than advertisement where an ad can be little more than a pair of disembodied **** with "buy our product" scribbled somewhere in the corner. Ironically this is, at least in part, an extension of America's cultural prudery and their inability to conceive of the human body outside of a sexualized context.

No that's just because Denmark due allows bestiality and has become a sex tourist destination for zoophiles.

Ok, now it's funny.
  • Like 1

i read a really great idea. a man goes in a gym full of tumblr women and anounce himself as "a water elemental". of course, tumblr ideology is that everyone is what they say they are and nobody has the right to contest their self proclaimed identity. so the man can go in the shower and do whatever he wants to any of them, and it will not be sexual assault nor will they have any right to refuse or complain for any of his actions since he is a water elemental and thus part of the shower water

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I don't think that's how it works.

Edit: But I'm sure you'd find someone, somewhere insane enough to defend it.

tumblr_nmaaxvuhc41rwf6h3o1_500.jpg

Edited by GhoulishVisage

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

I don't think that's how it works.

Edit: But I'm sure you'd find someone, somewhere insane enough to defend it.

tumblr_nmaaxvuhc41rwf6h3o1_500.jpg

if they complain, they opress your right to be one with the water and you can acuse them of double standards... it actually needs to happen, come to think of it, just to make all those mindless drones understand that "conventional definitions" exist for a reason and if you ask the entire society to reshape itself in order to accomodate your feelings, someone will take advantage of it and ask you to reshape yourself in order to accomodate his perversion

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I think we're losing track of the funny moments and going into the weird moments here....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I think you spend way too much time on the internet.

im trying to perfect the art of trolling

-Teknoman2-