Post 2.0 patch bug

Mereinid

Question

Hey guys/gals, I am not sure if this is a bug, but in the Salty Tavern(sp) in Ondra's Gift, right side of the ground floor room there is a table near the stairs. The chair nearest the stairs has magnifying glass pop up when you hit the ALT key, when my mouse hovers over the magnifying glass, nothing comes up to read. 

Just an fyi for ya.

Luck & loot,

Mereinid

5 answers to this question

Hello guys/gals. I was  doing some questing in Ondra's Gift. I was doing the Wailing Banshee quest. First floor when I neared the double doors and the room filled with ghosts and such, well I survived but when I did two green artifacts appeared on the screen. Its the same color as the party circles around their feet. And it appears on every screen, no matter when I go to a different area. Its on all three floors of the lights house, in commons room of the Salty Mast, on the stone stairways going up to the Charred Barrel in Brackenbury as well inside the tavern. 

I have uploaded the pics of the issue. The artifacts were not there prior to the patch. It didn't affect game play in anyway.  Here are the links to the pics

http://<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/Mereinid/embed/slideshow/Pillars%20of%20Eternity"></iframe>

Hope this helps, luck & loot.

Mereinid

P.S. Oh and the issue above regarding the chair in Satly Mast, near the stairwell. The info magnifying glass is working now. Disregard my intial bug report.

Hi guys,

First I apologize for my approximate English, I'm french. ;)

I began to test the new beta 2.0 this morning (many thanks to the developers by the way) and

I found an annoying "bug" for mac users.

This new version does not seem to handle correctly Retina displays (mine is a  2013 MBP).

Characters portraits are blurred on the bottom of the screen and this is the case for all windows (inventory, characters stats, map...).

More annoying, I tried a lower resolution (don't ask me why :) ) and now, it is impossible to come back to the previous one (1920*1200).

I only have two choices :  1280*800 and 1440*900.

Finally, I reinstalled the official last release but it is still impossible to obtain a higher resolution than 1440*900 (of course, no problem with my retina display now) ! I tried to find a kind of "configuration file" on my mac but I did not succeed. :-(

I hope you will fix these bugs in the next beta.

Thanks !

Hello everyone, I started up a new game after the beta patch was released.  In Ondra's Gift when I reach Derrin's body in the waterway I clicked on it to flag the quest and the game froze up and locked on me.  The dialogue box moves from "looking into the soul" straight to the "End Dialogue" box not allowing me to go through with starting the quest.  I can't move my mouse or click on the dialogue box or even bring up any menus.  I had to minimize the game and manually close it.  Worked fine the other day with another character and now with the new 2.0 character won't work.  Tried restarting the game a couple of times after the freeze and the same thing keeps happening each time.

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for the hard work and feedback. If you guys find different bugs, please create a new thread and post the bug there for each individual bug. It will become very difficult for us to track and confirm these bugs if there are multiple ones in the same thread. 

Also, please refer to the link in my signature on how to properly post a bug.

Thank you all for your hard work and support! Keep it up!