Update 2.0 Beta is Live

Nice, now to wait for GoG... lol. Well I've finally beat the game now (on PoTD) and still looking forward to solo PoTD run(s), so I'm ready but I guess I can wait :p.

BTW Any word on whether Obsidian is working with GoG on implementing achievements for future versions? I'd love to have that feature.

• Like 2

The Update 2.0 Beta is now live on Steam, To join in the beta fun take a look at this informative post and follow the instructions.

You can find the current (incomplete) Update notes here.

Nice, give I haven't really played yet I might as well jump into the beta with both feet :) No saves to mess up.

Nice, now to wait for GoG... lol. Well I've finally beat the game now (on PoTD) and still looking forward to solo PoTD run(s), so I'm ready but I guess I can wait :p.

BTW Any word on whether Obsidian is working with GoG on implementing achievements for future versions? I'd love to have that feature.

We are not working with GoG on achievement inclusion. I can look into this a bit, though.

• Like 3

The Update 2.0 Beta is now live on Steam, To join in the beta fun take a look at this informative post and follow the instructions.

You can find the current (incomplete) Update notes here.

Nice, give I haven't really played yet I might as well jump into the beta with both feet :) No saves to mess up.

Good news is that the build will make backups of your existing saves so you can restore them if you want to go back to a previous build.

• Like 1

Hi Badler...

sorry  But I cant access the beta. The Password "BETAPASSWORD" is not correct ... I'm doing something wrong?

p.s: without quotes

of course

Edited by Louis2014

We are not working with GoG on achievement inclusion. I can look into this a bit, though.

I would really appreciate that, and one of the goals I've read stated by a dev before is feature and build parity across distributions and platforms. I can accept waiting a few days longer on GoG, but having achievements tracked by the game tends to give games higher replay value for me, as silly as that might sound to some. I'm a completionist and it'd mean a lot to me.

From what I understand, a dev would have to coordinate with GoG to have achievements included on their Galaxy client, which is still in Beta last I checked, but it seems like as good a time as any to start the process for future versions.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Hi Badler...

sorry  But I cant access the beta. The Password "BETAPASSWORD" is not correct ... I'm doing something wrong?

p.s: without quotes

of course

Worked fine for me, I did it only 20 minutes ago.

Accidental trailing space? I simply pasted BETAPASSWORD into the text field, pressed Check Code, it told me the code was activate and then I selected the Beta.

We now have immunities in the game. Some creatures have been updated to make use of them. I'm looking at you blights and dragons...

This is interesting.  I wonder how liberally they've been handed out. 

Personally, I didn't have a problem with, say, Blights being susceptible to very high levels of damage from their "home" element.  They're clearly inspired by D&D elementals, but that doesn't mean that they necessarily need to replicate every feature thereof.  And who's to say that a super-high level of heat wouldn't damage the soul fragment that is animating that flame?

That said, "knockdown" effects working against non-corporeal enemies was just silly. 

Edited by Enoch

Armor Enchanting seems to have been fixed (this bug http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/80900-damage-reduction-enchantment-bug/). As has the +5% endurance from sacrificing durance and devouring the souls from the machine which were bugged previously.

• Improved quality of font text when the game is at a higher resolution than 1920x1200.

I hadn't realised there was something off before but I was struck by how sharp it looks now (2560x1440).

Edited by limaxophobiacq

Thanks Obsidian.

But...

This patch is bringing back the mouse lag

Everything is fine, except for mouse lag in the inventory (and other screens), as I had in a really early beta ... 

UFWDJRj.jpg

Armor Enchanting seems to have been fixed (this bug http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/80900-damage-reduction-enchantment-bug/). As has the +5% endurance from sacrificing durance and devouring the souls from the machine which were bugged previously.

• Improved quality of font text when the game is at a higher resolution than 1920x1200.

I hadn't realised there was something off before but I was struck by how sharp it looks now (2560x1440).

Yeah, but by contrast, text is disgustingly blurry at lower resolutions now.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

pls obsidian fix the localisation (german), we have since release weapons named as attributes etc. here is a mod that fixes most of them, but it doesnt work well when new things are added like patch2.0 http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/6/? many of the wrong translations are not minor like equip descriptions and its about time you finally fix it

^ it is supposed to be rendered at whatever resolution the screen is set to; there should be no change on lower resolution. If it is indeed blurry, a bug report should be filed.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Fixed problems where sometimes UI wouldn't differentiate between auras and hardards in descriptions.

What? :D

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!