Update 2.0 Beta is Live

I can't wait, too bad I'll have to wait for gog... What I heard so far seems really interesting, big hopes guys!

Same... on GoG too :(.

Do we know how much it will cost, and will the GoG version be released also on Aug 25?

Also, any new word on what the devs think of collaborating with GoG for achievements? BAdler?

Hey, everyone. We are looking to put out another beta build in a few hours that should have fixed some of the issues that were introduced in the last patch. I will keep you informed when/if it goes live on Steam.

Nobear: I don't think we will be doing those achievements for the first part of the expansion. We are too far along in development to start introducing those new features. This is something that we can discuss for the second part of the expansion, though. Depends on how robust the system is in their beta.

• Like 2

Hey, everyone. We are looking to put out another beta build in a few hours that should have fixed some of the issues that were introduced in the last patch. I will keep you informed when/if it goes live on Steam.

Nobear: I don't think we will be doing those achievements for the first part of the expansion. We are too far along in development to start introducing those new features. This is something that we can discuss for the second part of the expansion, though. Depends on how robust the system is in their beta.

The beta branch has been updated with the latest build. This should fix some of the issues that were being reported due to the new build.

• Like 1

Quick feedback.

New voice set titles are missing strings. Fixed for future update. - FIXED at least for english language.

Ranger's pet AI is not working. Currently being investigated. - FIXED.

Retraining a Wood Elf causes a duplication of their starting ability. We are investigating other races. - FIXED at least for Aloth, but not for my main Wood Elf character hzoe.png

Retraining is not setting attributes properly and is not costing money. - FIXED.

Sorry for my bad english.

Well thanks for the update anyway, and to know that a new beta version has been released already... on Steam. Darn, I was thinking of returning the game on GoG and buying it on Steam, but I checked GoG's refund policy, and they only offer refunds if the game won't work. Which it does just fine, for the most part.

Will the release version of the expansion be available for GoG on the 25th?

And yes, I'd really appreciate any updates about the possibility of GoG achievements for Part 2, as they may come. Thanks again.

Ah got the update today! v2.00.0693

Feels fresh!

I'm curious to know if theres anything in particular the devs want us to test out.

I was having issues with there being a FPS drop when placing weapons in the hand slots on the paperdoll inventory screen.

Get inside! RUN!

On gog.com I don't see any news regarding PoE yet, so I guess we'll just have to wait for a rel date...

Beta patches are only released on Steam. The expansion release date has been announced as August 25th, so I'd assume that's when GOG will release as well, and also assume we'll get patch 2.0 on or before that date.

The beta branch has been updated with the latest build. This should fix some of the issues that were being reported due to the new build.

Great news!

Beta patches are only released on Steam. The expansion release date has been announced as August 25th, so I'd assume that's when GOG will release as well, and also assume we'll get patch 2.0 on or before that date.

Beta patches only on Steam? Are you sure? Why?? Bah, I really was hoping I could help you guys squish bugs...

Beta patches only on Steam? Are you sure? Why?? Bah, I really was hoping I could help you guys squish bugs...

As rkade noted, it's just easier for Obsidian to push beta patches on Steam.  Just means us GOGgers get a finished patch when it's ready.

Any word on when this will be released?  I don't like beta testing but would appreciate it's release sooner then later to help with the bugs.  Actually where do we even download the beta or does it just patch our current build?  A bit new to this if you can't tell lol.

Edited by ThePompousPeasant

Sorry, when I spoke with the representatives at GoG about it they mentioned that they didn't currently have the capability. Maybe we can get something in the future, though.

Any word on when this will be released?  I don't like beta testing but would appreciate it's release sooner then later to help with the bugs.  Actually where do we even download the beta or does it just patch our current build?  A bit new to this if you can't tell lol.

Welcome aboard. You can access the beta branch by following the instructions here. This will give you all of the information you need to take part in the fun. The great thing about the beta on Steam is that you can opt into a normal build at any time by switching your branch back to the default branch.

As for when the patch will officially be released... anywhere from the 20th to the 25th. I would like everyone to be able to play the official beta a few days before the expansion comes out so they can check out the new features we are including.

Welcome aboard. You can access the beta branch by following the instructions here. This will give you all of the information you need to take part in the fun. The great thing about the beta on Steam is that you can opt into a normal build at any time by switching your branch back to the default branch.

As for when the patch will officially be released... anywhere from the 20th to the 25th. I would like everyone to be able to play the official beta a few days before the expansion comes out so they can check out the new features we are including.

So the patch will get released before the expansion? Will the patch contain the new portraits? Or do they come with the expansion?