Update 2.0 Beta is Live

Armor Enchanting seems to have been fixed (this bug http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/80900-damage-reduction-enchantment-bug/). As has the +5% endurance from sacrificing durance and devouring the souls from the machine which were bugged previously.

• Improved quality of font text when the game is at a higher resolution than 1920x1200.

I hadn't realised there was something off before but I was struck by how sharp it looks now (2560x1440).

Yeah, but by contrast, text is disgustingly blurry at lower resolutions now.

Yeah, I can second this. I actually thought that my eyesight was getting worse.

There is some changes to abilities.

Fighter's Defender ability was nerfed. You can see it if only start a new game.

Not nerfed, just changed to reduce deflection instead of accuracy. But yeah, there have been some (smart) changes to abilities.

Any chance Capes will be fixed for Mac and Linux users? They've been invisible for all of the retail version, but they were present in the earlier betas (but rendered floating above the characters).

It is unlikely. They were disabled on those platforms because they either weren't supported by our cloth solution (Shroud on Linux) or we were having some serious issues that would be dangerous fixes (Shroud on Mac).

Thanks Obsidian.

But...

This patch is bringing back the mouse lag

Everything is fine, except for mouse lag in the inventory (and other screens), as I had in a really early beta ... 

Is anyone else seeing this problem? I would like to see how widespread it is.

• Like 1

It is unlikely. They were disabled on those platforms because they either weren't supported by our cloth solution (Shroud on Linux) or we were having some serious issues that would be dangerous fixes (Shroud on Mac).

Ah so that's why that one guy told me to play on linux when I asked how to disable/hide the worn cloaks since I dislike them. Wish we had that bug on windows.

• Like 1

Guest FlorianGh

The text is blurry at 1366x768.Also it takes ages to load now on every level ( before it was only the first load)

^ it is supposed to be rendered at whatever resolution the screen is set to; there should be no change on lower resolution. If it is indeed blurry, a bug report should be filed.

pls obsidian fix the localisation (german), we have since release weapons named as attributes etc. here is a mod that fixes most of them, but it doesnt work well when new things are added like patch2.0 http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/6/? many of the wrong translations are not minor like equip descriptions and its about time you finally fix it

@BAdler

Its sad to hear that even the most obvious translation errors are not fixed yet. I hope my question to use our corrections for the extension as a baseline got through to the translation studio.

Very interesting interview with Josh about the expansion at Gamescon : link

While Josh talks, you can see a lot of the beautiful new environments, some new spell effects, some new scripted interactions with awesome art, some new enemies, and a bunch of multi-class talents at level-up (with a great level-up screen that I believe is also in patch 2.0)

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Thanks, nice one !

Actually, only two things :

- Font seems to be more "blur", something more "sharpen" would be better.

- Why "Enchanter" and "Comparer" button are different. Old design was better and more incorporated.. (perhaps a bug)

screenshot_191.jpg

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

The font looks exactly like it did beyond 1080p in 1.06. It's definitely a bug as, based on what BMac told me a few weeks ago, the code is supposed to render the font natively at whatever resolution the screen is set to (or, in other words, the font is supposed to be always sharp regardless of screen resolution.)

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Wary Defender was nerfed pretty hefty too. Its now +5 to all Defenses except for Deflection.

Oh good, now there are even fewer reasons to play a full tank fighter. :/

because fighters and paladins needed moar pigeonholing amirite

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Any chance Capes will be fixed for Mac and Linux users? They've been invisible for all of the retail version, but they were present in the earlier betas (but rendered floating above the characters).

Ah, that's a shame. I hoped that the 3rd party tool might have been updated or something, but I totally understand if that isn't the case.

This is what Josh posted on SA about ranger pets; not sure it is exactly what went in the patch though as it was still WIP back then.

* All animal companion weapons have 5 DR bypass.
* All animal companion armor gains 2 DR every 3 levels instead of 1.5 every 3 levels.
* They used to gain 3 Accuracy and +15% damage every 3 levels. They now gain 5 Accuracy and +20% damage every 3 levels.
* Faithful Companion was doubled to a +30 bonus vs. Charm/Confuse/Dominate with 5 seconds taken off the duration.
* Resilient Companion now adds 3 DR and an additional point of DR every 3 levels.
* Vicious Companion stacks an additional 3 DR bypass.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

* They used to gain 3 Accuracy and +15% damage every 3 levels. They now gain 5 Accuracy and +20% damage every 3 levels.

At least for me its seems to be more than an (12/3)*5%=20% increase. And I tested it on 0 DR...

* Faithful Companion was doubled to a +30 bonus vs. Charm/Confuse/Dominate with 5 seconds taken off the duration.

* Resilient Companion now adds 3 DR and an additional point of DR every 3 levels.

* Vicious Companion stacks an additional 3 DR bypass.

Can confirm. At least from what the tooltip says.

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull: