Anyone playing on Windows 10? Any issues/comments?

I upgraded my desktop from Win 7 to win 10 but not my laptop (win 8.1) until I see how buggy it turns out.

When I first switched PoE was unplayable (barely able to move characters) and I could barely get the mouse to click on quit from the opening screen of BGEE never mind play anything but I got the Geek squad on retainer and they got things going for my tech challenged self and both games were working more or less normally.

Today however PoE crashed - I got the weird new blue screen with the message

Your PC has encountered a problem and we just need to gather some information before you restart - with a percentage timer which eventually reaches 100% and then the screen just sits there until you manually turn the computer off and then restart it. (no Ctrl/alt/del available)

Thats the only issue I've had with PoE so far.

Any other brave souls that have switched yet?

OT: Otherwise I have some issues with Netflix on the new Edge browser (picture stops but sound continues or getting kicked out) but it still works fine on Chrome and videos on my FB newsfeed no longer play at all regardless of browser.

Edited by wanderon

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

I upgraded to Windows 10, fought some battles, searched around, changed locations, and otherwise goofed off without any issue.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

So far the only issue I had was that one CTD  and I have logged quite a few hours since switching now.

Still having Non-PoE issues tho especially viewing FB videos - they did work one day out of 5 so I guess it's something on their end and in some respects it's a blessing in disguise not being able to stop and view them  :grin:

• Like 1

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

PoE has worked fine, although I do think the new browser, Microsoft Edge, seems to have some minor issues. I'm using Chrome right now, but I'll give Edge a chance after some of the kinks are sorted. Still, good to hear that folks aren't having a lot of Win 10 issues so far with PoE. Keep your fingers crossed. After all, with the xpac coming out in a week or two, we don't want any nasty OS issues! <.<

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

People sometimes forget that Win10 is the best-tested OS Microsoft has ever released...as many as five million people help test Win10 for almost a year priot to its official release 7/29.  Don't expect much in the way of major suprises in a negative sense, and I surely haven't seen them. PoE has been running fine for me, up to and including the beta 2.0 patch I'm now running.

Any big surprises are likely to come from nVidia and AMD's D3d12 support in their upcoming drivers--which is yet to happen, actually (the current drivers are only supporting up D3d 11.1/2 thus far.)  

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin: