Bloody legacy: why so strange dialogue with cultists

i'm just completed the quest "bloody legacy" with elfen ladie and cultists

But in final dialogue with head of cultists i said "no" to Grieving Mother. I'm just wasn't wanted to deprive girl memories. But when i said "no", later to kill her was my only chance to continue this quest without vengeance. 

When i'm refused to delete her memories, i'm just wanted to talk to her and try to convince her, i was thinking that she can get rid of the spirit by herself if i will talk to her. But my only chance was to kill her. i would agree with Grieving Mother if i would have known that I will not be able to do it later...

Why no chance to delete her memories later, after you denied early? Because I killed her just because of it...

There's generally some issues with being unable to redo certain choices when you take the passive option. But in this case I think the bigger problem is that Aelys stays in the room after you do so - by all accounts, they should hurry her off to her uncle as soon as you've said you won't interfere.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I also think we need to take into consideration that PoE was developed by a small team.  I believe the Max number of people working on the game was 25, something like that.  Not a large team for this day and age.  There are advantages to this but even if 5 of those people were involved in quest writing could they possibly anticpate all the things we players can think of to do?  I think OE did a pretty good job of giving players choices maybe too good a job because we keep coming up with if we can do this why can't we do that?

I agree getting Aelys out of the room would have helped the role playing aspect.  Or an option to tell her uncle the truth.  I don't remember there being one.

Edited by Nakia

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

I agree getting Aelys out of the room would have helped the role playing aspect. Or an option to tell her uncle the truth. I don't remember there being one.

It would also explain how she gets to the Inn before you even if you leave first. :p

There was definitely an option to tell Harond the truth in the beta. Dunno about now, haven't tried.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.