Typically, if you can edit to remove your comments and rename your thread, it's probably okay just to leave it. Normal traffic usually buries threads fairly quickly during normal times and lickity split when there's something interesting afoot, like a new release.

I don't mind obliging folks who want to have threads removed, but I'm leaving this one so folks can know that the best way to get quick action is either to report your thread or PM one or two of the forum moderators. In a case like this it's no biggie, but I've had folks want things changed that they can no longer edit and have been typed with angry fingers in the heat of the moment or inebriated fingers after indulging in adult substances. In that case, as long as no one has responded, I can remove the vexing post. If someone has responded, it's not fair to remove it, but I can clean up the language while keeping the gist of the message. The single fastest way to get these results is to PM a couple of the mods online at the time, because reported threads can take a while to be apparent to the whole mod team.

...But, all in all, don't worry about most posts. Take it from someone who has had more than his share of humiliating moments, the people here are pretty forgiving of slip-ups or embarrassing posts as long as you don't create a history of acting like a troll. ...And if you're a troll, you undoubtedly enjoy folks being irritated, angry, or derisive of you anyway.

• Like 1

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!