Audio cuts off beginning

crine

Question

I just got Kana as a party member and all of his dialogue that is voiced is cut off at the beginning of the text and picks up about halfway through the first line of text. I haven't been able to trigger any other character or NPC dialogue yet to see if it affects everything now or if it is just Kana. Is this a known issue and are there any fixes?

I saw an issue for delay of voice over but mine isn't delayed it just skips the beginning. Also I don't know what the listed fixes mean or how to do them (Users are reporting that there's a constant delay for VO, music, and inventory.  To attempt to fix the issue, please disable Hamachi, TCP/IPv6 protocol, and VPNs.).

9 answers to this question

Hello again, crine.  Yes, we are aware of this issue and are working on a fix.  It is not 100% reproducible, happens with multiple NPCs at various times, and doesn't happen consistently at all.  I'm sorry for your inconvenience with this issue and thank you for your ongoing support and patience.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello thebigJ_A,

Could you please give an example where this issue is occurring? Or is it the description that the OP has mentioned. 

Thanks a bunch!

I just got to Durance, and it's happening with him. Nearly every line he speaks (every time a new 'page' opens after picking a dialogue or clicking"continue" that is) starts off about two seconds in, cutting out the first few words or so. I've not gone any further because I'd like to get this figured out first.

Hello again,

Try verifying your game cache and see if that works for you. Are you experiencing this with both external speakers and headset? 

I seem to have fixed it unintentionally. It was through my Logitech headphones (not sure about speakers. Haven't got any bar the ones on the monitor, which I've long since disabled). Just so happens I got a new Logitech mouse but had trouble getting them to play nice. I reinstalled Logitech's software from a clean boot, fixing that issue. It also seemed to fix the audio issue, even though that was happening before I'd even purchased the new mouse.

Could just be coincidence, and the issue has only temporarily stopped. I'll play on and report back if it arises again. If not, thanks for the attempted assistance!

Edited by thebigJ_A

Just wanted to add on to this old post in case anyone else still runs into the problem.  I checked the cache and audio drivers and all was good to go.  Once I closed out of the Logitech G hub for my headphones and restarted the game, I haven't run into a single issue since.  Not sure why it doesn't want to play nice but I've had some luck with that.