Salty Mast scenes fade to black?

Undead kitties are fine if you're looking to frighten away some minor supernatural threat. Undead Pit Bulls are better. Super cute and cuddly until some uppity Spectre tries to steal your soul. Then you've got a protector that will maks hellhounds tremble!

• Like 1

"Walk away, before you get hurt." [benevolent] - Luma Akasha

Undead kitties are fine if you're looking to frighten away some minor supernatural threat...

Not sure about frightening away supernatural threats, but undead kitty seems more than a match for Itumaak (at least according to Sagani). ;)

1SkL5Ph.jpg

• Like 2

Undead kitties are fine if you're looking to frighten away some minor supernatural threat...

Not sure about frightening away supernatural threats, but undead kitty seems more than a match for Itumaak (at least according to Sagani). ;)

1SkL5Ph.jpg

Okay, that's hysterically funny.  Because I've never picked up ANY of the premades, but my ranger told her wolf virtually the same thing!  Slightly different words, and it's all RP in my own mind, but gosh.  Two minds with but a single thought....

Hi, i was going to try this game again. Did they ever fix this issue or does it still fade to black in anti climactic fashion?  How about a paragraph that pops up with some writing? How about ANYTHING except a fade to black? How about a picture of a bed or a pillow, ANYTHING.

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

Slightly off-topic, but a bit of nostalgia about "sexual encounters" in isometric rpgs.  Do you guys/girls remember the first isometric rpg  that had a sex scene?  Ultima 7.5, also known as Ultima 7 part 2: Serpent Isle,  published in 1992.

I believe that to be the first depiction of a "sexual encounter" of the first kind.

Hate to bust you on this one but the avatar could have sex as early as Ultima 6: The False Prophet.  There is a gypsy lady who takes money for that sort of thing.  If you have Dupre in the party he will even go on a rant at you over it.

Unfortunately for Luzarius.... it was a fade to black ;)

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 2

Slightly off-topic, but a bit of nostalgia about "sexual encounters" in isometric rpgs.  Do you guys/girls remember the first isometric rpg  that had a sex scene?  Ultima 7.5, also known as Ultima 7 part 2: Serpent Isle,  published in 1992.

I believe that to be the first depiction of a "sexual encounter" of the first kind.

Hate to bust you on this one but the avatar could have sex as early as Ultima 6: The False Prophet.  There is a gypsy lady who takes money for that sort of thing.  If you have Dupre in the party he will even go on a rant at you over it.

My memory didn't go back far enough, thanks for  that, I really thought that  Ultima 7.5 was the first.  For the life of me, I can't remember that encounter, even though Dupre was almost always in my party.

My memory didn't go back far enough, thanks for  that, I really thought that  Ultima 7.5 was the first.  For the life of me, I can't remember that encounter, even though Dupre was almost always in my party.

Yeah the Gypsy Camp was off just a bit east of the road.  North of Trinsinic as I recall (sp).  It is totally optional though, you can never talk to them at all or just decline the option.

Wait...that doesn't happen to you all in real life? I must be doing it wrong :(

*thinks about implications*

That's ... disquieting.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Don't know about Ultima but my first "experience" with sex scenes in RPGs was Leisure Suit Larry.

Was really difficult as a kid, let me tell you, to play the game under your bed or duvet with a torch!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leisure_Suit_Larry_in_the_Land_of_the_Lounge_Lizards

Edited by rheingold

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know about Ultima but my first "experience" with sex scenes in RPGs was Leisure Suit Larry.

Was really difficult as a kid, let me tell you, to play the game under your bed or duvet with a torch!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leisure_Suit_Larry_in_the_Land_of_the_Lounge_Lizards

As a kid, it was difficult just to *START* that game. I had to guess at around 2/3rds of the questions.

• Like 1

I understand that this is a whole can of worms for a lot of people, and dismissals are flowing fast and furious. 

All I can say is that I have no agenda other than enjoying the game. 

But I think that adding some art here has merit. Five interchangeable sketches, along with a prompt that some time has passed would be great for immersion. 

The reasoning being this is how your character is spending their time, just like Orlan's Face. Some feedback gets us more into character. 

It's not just a Brothel thing, either. I can think of a few times through the game where such scene-setting would be welcome. 

Like meeting with the warden when you accept/turn in bounties.

And maybe a few of the Iovara flashbacks (although I get those are supposed to be disorienting). 

But given that the Salty Mast scenes involve time-lapses, it seems a bit more unrealized there. 

Edited by Parasol_Syndicate

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...