Salty Mast scenes fade to black?

Yeah, another support vote for L. His example above would be nice. Maybe put the sketch into the Bestiary or something lol. It is appropriate and it would take the artists an hour or two tops for each one. They've drawn thousands of naked people during their careers.

There's nothing to worry about with 'bad press'  - there's no such thing. All it could do is drum up some more sales. Remember how Fox News had an interview with a psychologist when Mass Effect came out, claiming there were hardcore sex scenes? Someone asked that woman if she'd played the game and she said no. Total hypocrisy but I'm sure folks bought the game just because of that interview ;)

This thread is back.

Why is this thread back?

• Like 4

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

And in other news, Sven (larian studios) is asking "where are all the lady fans?"

Seems like devs really need to follow gaming forums - they might actually understand why, oh anywhere between 30-40 percent of their customer base are sometimes in hiding.

Witcher cards not tacky, sexist. Really! I mean really?

Fck me sidewise.

• Like 3

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

tbh though I'm tempted to make a mod with sex cards more in line with what Kaz posted way earlier. The stick figure with huge boobs.

Something quick and hilarious like that.

We could even dedicate the mod to luzarius!

• Like 2

qKz5nVP.png

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

Troll threads never die. Strike one down, and it will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

I thought they sprouted multiple heads when struck down, like a hydra.

Those two are not mutually exclusive.

• Like 1

"Walk away, before you get hurt." [benevolent] - Luma Akasha

You know, it would seem like this - need - among some of the players could be handled by a mod?  Perhaps y'all should be talking to the modding community.

Given time it will be. Every moddable game eventually get multiple nude mods, and subsequently sex mods.

And in other news, Sven (larian studios) is asking "where are all the lady fans?"

Seems like devs really need to follow gaming forums - they might actually understand why, oh anywhere between 30-40 percent of their customer base are sometimes in hiding.

Fck me sidewise.

Larian Studios is actually asking that?  As much as I liked Divinity Original Sin, their depiction of female armour undermined it, couldn't find a single piece of armour for female characters that wasn't some form of boobplate or bikini mail, so I'm surprised they have to ask.  Not that the build for male characters was any better, my male mage looked like he was steroids...

• Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Fck me sidewise.

Larian Studios is actually asking that?  As much as I liked Divinity Original Sin, their depiction of female armour undermined it, couldn't find a single piece of armour for female characters that wasn't some form of boobplate or bikini mail, so I'm surprised they have to ask.  Not that the build for male characters was any better, my male mage looked like he was steroids...

Personally, I could overlook the breastplates. It was the six-inch stiletto heels that drove me crazy.

• Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Personally, I could overlook the breastplates. It was the six-inch stiletto heels that drove me crazy.

God yes, and they make even less sense in the "Why did they put that in the game?"  Boobplates and bikini-mail at least makes sense in that they are there to titillate men, who are the stiletto heels intended to appeal to?

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

God yes, and they make even less sense in the "Why did they put that in the game?"  Boobplates and bikini-mail at least makes sense in that they are there to titillate men, who are the stiletto heels intended to appeal to?

What, men today aren't titillated by CFM shoes?  Wow.  Who knew?

• Like 1

CFM?  Just sayin', if they are going for titillation and already got boobplate and chainmail-bikinis in then the stilettos don't seem to add much.  Of course I could be wrong I make it no secret that I am weird and wrong in the head, and I don't find boobplate or the other stuff appealing anyway so maybe I have no clue. :)

http://www.lar.net/2015/09/07/where-are-the-women/

I don't have a huge problem with their Art design, mainly because it is clearly designed to be over the top. As someone pointed out the male models all look like they take steroids. But yeah, the breastplates and in particular the high boots were irritating. Still it's good that a dev is asking these questions, and who knows he could learn something - and it might even be good for business!

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."

Lord of Light

I think men on average absolutely are, whether they realize it or not. Personally, I find heels repulsive because I know what they do: it's nauseating to think about a shoe that can warp a person's legs and spine so dramatically with protracted use. I also find them almost painfully stupid on action-adventure characters, because they would be impossible to fight in.

Hell, even running shoes do weird things to your legs. If you actually want shoes to fight in, some nice low-end sneakers or cheap basketball shoes are good (if you're going high-end, you may as well go in for martial arts shoes or combat boots), ideally thin-soled and with as little difference in elevation between the ball and the heel of the foot as possible. Heels are the opposite of that.

CFM?  Just sayin', if they are going for titillation and already got boobplate and chainmail-bikinis in then the stilettos don't seem to add much.  Of course I could be wrong I make it no secret that I am weird and wrong in the head, and I don't find boobplate or the other stuff appealing anyway so maybe I have no clue. original.gif

Come **** Me. It's a turn of phrase for tall stilettos.

• Like 3

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

CFMoriginal.gif

Don't mind me, I was just wondering if this conversation was as awkward to participate in as it is to watch.

No, wait, yes it is.

I'm too old to find ANYTHING awkward any more.

I think men on average absolutely are, whether they realize it or not. Personally, I find heels repulsive because I know what they do: it's nauseating to think about a shoe that can warp a person's legs and spine so dramatically with protracted use. I also find them almost painfully stupid on action-adventure characters, because they would be impossible to fight in.

Hell, even running shoes do weird things to your legs. If you actually want shoes to fight in, some nice low-end sneakers or cheap basketball shoes are good (if you're going high-end, you may as well go in for martial arts shoes or combat boots), ideally thin-soled and with as little difference in elevation between the ball and the heel of the foot as possible. Heels are the opposite of that.

Well, except for when it's below zero outside, I go barefoot.  I used to wear heels (40 years ago....) but they weren't extremely tall stilettos.  I'm too uncoordinated to deal with something like that!  Then again, "what they do to a body" doesn't bother me much - stuff like foot binding in China (now outlawed but not totally gone) does.  If silly people want to ruin their health with 6 inch heels go for it.  It's not my job to worry about anyone but me.

Edited by Oralaina
  • Like 1

Amazing. Troll thread was redirected into conversation on female armor design.

Well played, forumites.

• Like 2

qKz5nVP.png

CFM?  Just sayin', if they are going for titillation and already got boobplate and chainmail-bikinis in then the stilettos don't seem to add much.  Of course I could be wrong I make it no secret that I am weird and wrong in the head, and I don't find boobplate or the other stuff appealing anyway so maybe I have no clue. original.gif

Ah, like come **** me boots!  I guess I just found them redundant with the rest of the clothing.  Plus like you I don't find them appealing for similar reasons.

I think men on average absolutely are, whether they realize it or not.

I suppose most men do.  Personally, I dislike heels, but I do like some of the designs.  I just wish the more gorgeous designs were more available in flats.

Personally, I find heels repulsive because I know what they do: it's nauseating to think about a shoe that can warp a person's legs and spine so dramatically with protracted use.

You can always tell when someone's been wearing them most of their adult life from their gait or even just the way they stand.   

I also find them almost painfully stupid on action-adventure characters, because they would be impossible to fight in.

You know, Wonder Woman is one of my favorite characters.  I love the stories about her social and political views, such as when Lois Lane spent 24 hours with her.  I cringe when artists draw her boots with heels. I much prefer the flat-soled boots.   

Chucks forever!  Though a pair of these might be just as good.

Hmmm heels have never done anything for me, ever time I see a woman in high heels I see an accident waiting to happen!

On the other hand, if I where an orthopedic surgeon, I would just love them...

Reminds me of these

http://www.heelys.com/

Was a short lived kiddie fashion a while back. At least until the doctors association went on air to explain to their idiotic parents why it wasn't a great idea :)

Lord of Light

Interesting turn of discussion - I'd say from the overwhelming cultural impact of heels that indeed, men do like them. however for armor it's a joke of course, like boob plates or chain mail bikinis.

Thing is, we're talking about a universe where you can have an undead zombie cat follow you for hundreds of miles, through caves, hotels and forests, walk through fireballs and ice storms without blinking an unnerving all-white eye. So, whatever the customers want.

Interesting turn of discussion - I'd say from the overwhelming cultural impact of heels that indeed, men do like them. however for armor it's a joke of course, like boob plates or chain mail bikinis.

Thing is, we're talking about a universe where you can have an undead zombie cat follow you for hundreds of miles, through caves, hotels and forests, walk through fireballs and ice storms without blinking an unnerving all-white eye. So, whatever the customers want.

Heh.  It can do that BECAUSE it's undead, of course!  If it were a live kitty, you'd have to feed it, and keep it safe in your pack during battle, etc.