Final Battle == Final Ending?

I just finished the final battle and there doesn't appear to be anyway to continue playing.  Is this correct and if so why?!!  My character still has the Endless Paths and a few quests to finish.  I loaded the save right before the ending but I can't get myself back up from the Pit.  Is there any way to back track without loading a save before I got to the end section?

The game is not an Open World or Sandbox game such as the TES games are.    I think the answer to your question is the Final Battle == Final Ending.  

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

The game is not an Open World or Sandbox game such as the TES games are.    I think the answer to your question is the Final Battle == Final Ending.  

What does any of that have to do with this game?  There's nothing that says I can't go back to my keep and finish clearing out the basement.

What does any of that have to do with this game?  There's nothing that says I can't go back to my keep and finish clearing out the basement.

Most games end when the story ends. The story ends when the primary conflict is resolved.

Anyways, the game makes a save file before you jump into the pit with a default title of "Burial Isle (PRE-ENDGAME)" which you can load up and finish side-quests with.

• Like 2

Actually, there is a warning.

When you begin the conversation for  jumping/descending  to the last dungeon  there is a warning saying  this is not returning point.   Anyway, that is why there is a special save slot in that point, if you check your  saved game  you will find "Burial Island (PRE-END)"

Actually, there is a warning.

When you begin the conversation for  jumping/descending  to the last dungeon  there is a warning saying  this is not returning point.   Anyway, that is why there is a special save slot in that point, if you check your  saved game  you will find "Burial Island (PRE-END)"

Good enough, thanks for correcting me.

• 1 month later...

I think you guys are referring to the fight with Thaos and two giants (and the result)?

I'm in the fight, can't defeat the giants at level 9. I'm not a good player. Any tips? Does the HealParty cheat work mid-fight?

Is it possible to avoid the fight in the dialogues? By surrendering, admitting guilt?

I think you guys are referring to the fight with Thaos and two giants (and the result)?

I'm in the fight, can't defeat the giants at level 9. I'm not a good player. Any tips? Does the HealParty cheat work mid-fight?

Is it possible to avoid the fight in the dialogues? By surrendering, admitting guilt?

You can't avoid the fight. If you're too low of a level, I recommend opening the pre-endgame save slot, and rounding off your experience with some side quests before going back to try again.

Probably best to do the expansion quest as well.  Many of us beat the game before the expansion and now have to load up the pre-endgame save just to play it and I'm not very happy about it.

I've stopped the MQ entirely until all the xpacs are out - I've got WM, which is being fun for sure; I'll just wait until part 2 lands, and then see what they're planning.  I don't have any problem with waiting - for YEARS if necessary - before "beating" the game.

One thing I am finding though - there's not enough "level room".  I'm sort of a completionist for stuff like side quests, and doing all of that means that I've got one toon who's sitting at level 12 not even starting act 3, waiting for me to finish WM on the second toon - who's halfway from 13 to 14 and hasn't even started Durgan's Battery.  So unless they've made some provision for "saving up" xp you can't access after you've hit level cap.... well, this toon's going to hit 14 and sit while I go back to Etolia and get those two levels.

And then.... I guess I'll level some more toons....  But really, the levels available need to be expanded, or the xp available needs to get limited.

Edited by Oralaina

What does any of that have to do with this game? 

He was simply correcting you. 

IIRC White March part 2 will be the last xpac for PoE and they are moving onto PoE2, right?

Yyyyyyep.

So after you clear the second half of White March, feel free to fling yourself into that Pit as many times as you like.

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/

Re final fight, I'm following your advice and going back from Burial Isle. How high should you be before tackling Thoas?

I confused the giants and had them whack each other, but it didn't last. I don't like boss fights with non-stop whacking.

The expansion also requires going back to Burial Isle?

I could not get the cheat to work. I got a message saying Select Control-0?

There's a BIG difficulty spike in the final battle. Level 9 is way too low. 

Honestly, I'd recommend max leveling before jumping in that put.

IIRC White March part 2 will be the last xpac for PoE and they are moving onto PoE2, right?

Yyyyyyep.

So after you clear the second half of White March, feel free to fling yourself into that Pit as many times as you like.

Thanks, that's good to know - I appreciate the info, guys!