Are there any mods in the make yet?

I'm out of the loop as I haven't really checked in since release, and I wonder if the modding community is up here already?

Any forums?

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

As far as I know, no.

There's portraits, and a few people have made or are making voice replacers. On the Nexus there are a few mods that are more technical, a couple of personal balance shifts roughly hacked in, and a save state editor, and I think one person managed to make a way for people to look at and edit dialogue files a bit more easily.

But aside from those things, there are no major mods due to the way the game's been constructed. Pre-rendered backgrounds made mostly in Maya and not with tilesets but unique art means only a seriously pro artist could possibly make new maps, and it seems you'd need to have a full version of Unity 4 and a strong working knowledge of programming to alter a lot of the core mechanics. Basically, if you have the skills to mod PoE in the more fundamental ways, you'd probably be better off just applying for a job at Obsidian and working on the game officially, and you're probably a person already busy making your own games anyway, so why mod it?

• Like 1