Can I continue a game after patch 2.0?

Hej

I wonder what happens to my game when I patch up to 2.0? Can I just continue with the game with the new features or will the game break/crash?

The thing is that I'm tempted to buy the game but I don't know if I should wait until the 2.0 patch is launched.

So far, patches never broke any savestates, so you should except nothing to happen. In particular, they introduce a respec feature just so you can adapt your old characters to the changes, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I doubt you will get an official statement since the devs are pretty silent in this part of the forum, but you might want to try again in the technical / bug forum with your question, although I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, you can continue.

• Like 1

OK. I see. Pity they can't give more information about  when it will be released.

I can see how many view it this way. However, I'm glad they are taking their time with the details and I'm sure they'll let all of us know when there are updates. I'd rather have a "we'll give details when we're ready" instead of giving tentative release dates and ending up launching unfinished products. I'm sure old saves will be compatible. It wouldn't make sense to release an expansion that would force everyone to start a new game.

OK. I see. Pity they can't give more information about  when it will be released.

I can see how many view it this way. However, I'm glad they are taking their time with the details and I'm sure they'll let all of us know when there are updates. I'd rather have a "we'll give details when we're ready" instead of giving tentative release dates and ending up launching unfinished products. I'm sure old saves will be compatible. It wouldn't make sense to release an expansion that would force everyone to start a new game.

I hope you are right.