Steam achievements bug

Valko

Question

There's problem with getting some of the achievements in Steam:

I'm always online, playing 100+ hours in total, currently playing Act 3, BUT! I'm still don't have achievements for completeing Act 1 and 2 (but have other achievs). What can be the problem?

10 answers to this question

Hello, Valko.  I'm sorry for your inconvenience.  Can you please upload a saved game and output log to Dropbox and then post a link here for me to download?  That will help me determine what the problem is and hopefully get this straightened out.  Thank you for your patience and support during this issue!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello again, Valko.  Thanks for the files.  Have you by chance used the console command, 'iroll20s'?  If so your achievements get disabled.  I'll check out your files in the mean time and we'll go from there!  Thanks for your support.

• Like 2

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hello again, Valko.  Thank you for answering that.  I am continuing to dig into this issue and have added it to our internal database for the appropriate team to take a look at.  I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your support and patience during this issue.

• Like 1

Valko, Do you happen to launch Pillars from a shortcut from your Taskbar? The reason I ask is that I also had issues with achievements not unlocking or the Steam overlay not working. I have been launching the game by that route myself. I would assume that a shortcut to the Desktop would also do this but I have not tested this yet. When I was researching this today I noticed that my Steam account said that the last time I played the game was back in April even thought I did play it yesterday. After launching the game through Steams library the Steam overlay worked and low and behold I unlocked my first achievement after 10 minutes of playing.

• Like 1

So far I have unlocked 2 more achievements from launching through Steam's library so I hope that that this will work for you also. The only issue is that I was not credited for any past achievements, since I assume they were not triggered when Steam's overlay was not present during my previous play through.

• Like 1

Hello again, Valko.  Thanks for the files.  Have you by chance used the console command, 'iroll20s'?  If so your achievements get disabled.  I'll check out your files in the mean time and we'll go from there!  Thanks for your support.

Nope, I didn't used external soft or ingame console (because I have some last achievements). Only idling for cards and playing.

Valko, Do you happen to launch Pillars from a shortcut from your Taskbar? The reason I ask is that I also had issues with achievements not unlocking or the Steam overlay not working. I have been launching the game by that route myself. I would assume that a shortcut to the Desktop would also do this but I have not tested this yet. When I was researching this today I noticed that my Steam account said that the last time I played the game was back in April even thought I did play it yesterday. After launching the game through Steams library the Steam overlay worked and low and behold I unlocked my first achievement after 10 minutes of playing.

I'm launching the game from a shortcut from my desktop, without steam overlay. I'll try it to start from steam library directly.