Hello guys,

Any sign about improvements on soloing play?

I mean, as far as I see, a lot of players are soloing the game or already did/tried it.

But I think things are a little unbalanced for soloing, obviously, the game was designed for a small group of heroes, but, if we have a tendency here of liking to solo (or at least try it), why not think to do some improvements in the soloing playing?

One of them, I think would be great with the leveling up while solo was effectively faster.

If you want to play Path of the Demned, Expert Mode and Trial of Iron, AND SOLO, that turns the game a little not fun for some character classes... I find viable to solo as a Fighter and as a Monk, but with other classes (I'm still testing), that's just doesn't work. Even as a Monk I was needed to take Éder as a tank in some moments.

What do you think, would be great to also improve some aspects of the game soloing in White March or any other updates?

Cheers.

I don't know, I haven't tried it yet. After I finish my first playthrough I haven't decided if I'd try Hard Mode or or just solo on easy.

I'm curious, have you tried it with a Rouge yet? That would be my choice, just not sure if it'd be tanky enough to get through everything.

PoE is a party game. You can solo it, but tailoring the balance to it seems unnecessary to me. "Going solo with some classes in POTD, Ironman, Expert mode is hard" sounds... well, about right to me.

Plus everyone and their dog seems to complain that PoE were too easy.

Edited by Varana
  • Like 3

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Personally, I think it would be better to make it clear that PoE is not a solo game, and it should, for all practical intents and purposes, not be soloable. If people want to try, and if people succeed, fine, but the game should not be designed with it in mind by any stretch of the imagination.

It is functionally impossible to design the game well, taking both into consideration. It is a split focus, with a middle-ground that favours no-one. Want a solo game, play a solo game.

Now, I share the lament of some, that there's a distinct lack of good solo roleplaying games, these days, that doesn't boil down into ARPG or twitch gaming, but that is really beside the point.

A game needs to be dedicated in either direction, it cannot please both, and it shouldn't even begin to try. This is part of why I hate Achievements - people see an Achievement, and they think that the game is designed for playing it like that. But it's not, and it shouldn't be. The game is already far, far too lenient in this regard.

Triple Crown Solo shouldn't have been achievable in the first place, it should've been impossible in every sense of the word, in my opinion.

And I think that even most soloists agree that the game shouldn't become easier to solo. Many of those that solo do it for the challenge of beating a game solo, when the game was not designed for soloing. To many, that's the whole point, that's the achievement. And PoE is already much too easy in most ways. The experience bonus for soloing or small parties is already annoying enough, considering the levelling curve (or slope, rather).

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

One of them, I think would be great with the leveling up while solo was effectively faster.

You already do level up faster in solo play. For every open party slot, there's a +10% XP boost. Solo characters get +50%.

If you want to play Path of the Demned, Expert Mode and Trial of Iron, AND SOLO, that turns the game a little not fun for some character classes... I find viable to solo as a Fighter and as a Monk, but with other classes (I'm still testing), that's just doesn't work. Even as a Monk I was needed to take Éder as a tank in some moments.

... yes, playing Solo Triple Crown is supposed to be prohibitively difficult. If you're looking for the game to be anything other than prohibitively difficult, don't try Solo Triple Crown.

And, for the record, people have completed Solo Triple Crown playthroughs with every class.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I'll repeat others.  Triple crown solo is meant to be hard.  It requires careful planning and thorough knowledge of the game.  

Here's what I've found from my forays into soloing:

Items (figurines & scrolls), positioning, skills, and race matter far, far, more than class.  In that order.

That said, while tankier classes make it easier to solo (really just getting past Od Nua), the other tankier classes have more to offer than fighters and monks.  For a long time moonlike barbarian was the class to do solo runs in, because one stands alone was an automatic choice and would give you great damage boosts.  Also, the moonlike barbians get huge self heals and the quick running talent also helps you pull.  Chanters provide a great mid to late game bonus, because the increased speed chant means they're better at pulling / kiting, and you can kite and ogre until everything is dead. 

Edited by anameforobsidian