Save file load times: cre_skeleton_chanter_summon references

epu

Question

Hey team and fans,

I was experiencing long load times in Blood Sands, and found multiple threads about extra chanter trap nodes in save files, and extra summoned helpers.

This thread seems like it was answered in April, but it's a different save game component / subfile.

This other thread talks about 20 hours slow loading, but I'm at 70+ hours having never completed the game yet - it's brutal going.

I did some string counting inside my blood sands save file, and inside the unzipped contents, region AR_1305_Blood_Sands.lvl, I have 600+ summoned skeleton references (cre_skeleton_chanter_summon). That seems high for a single world, but I have been fighting a lot in there with Kana after slaying the head priest from the Berath vision.

Is there already an internal bug tracking chanter summoned skeletons (cre_skeleton_chanter_summon)?

Is there any attention in the upcoming patch to summoned creature cleanup / temporary object cleanup per-level-region?

Kind regards,

-e

4 answers to this question

Thanks for adding the information to the internal issue. Let me know if I can be of any help verifying faster loads when/if a fix comes through.

Kind regards,

-e

Hey there,

Just upgraded to the 2.0.1 steam patch, and wanted to thank you for addressing the zombie chanter skeletons. When I reload blood sands at that point, save the game, and search for skeletons in the zipped archive's .lvl segment that I am active in, I don't find any references.

I wanted to share that load speed in blood sands is about the same (saving feels faster now though, but I hadn't been measuring it before).

Previous to the update, loading the blood sands took 23 seconds on average. This is slightly up to 24 seconds (after resaving the world using the 2.0.1 game).

Loading much later inside Noonfrost (after completing Maw and Elmshore) takes about 29 seconds on average.

Kind regards,

-e

Edited by epu