Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[CLASS BUILD] Lady of Pain - High-speed, heavy-armored DPS Fighter

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

QuiteGoneJin

QuiteGoneJin

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Do either of these work for Paly? http://forums.obsidi...ged-sup-offdps/

Which of the Cipher builds is most up to date? I tried a Cipher recently and its abilities seemed so much weaker than I remembered from ages back when I played them last. 

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13316 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

What do you mean? For paladin? Or was it a typo and you mean party? Those priest builds work very well. The max MIG part makes them very good damage dealers, too.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5286 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
Heya,

The Unfaithful is my current go-to Priest build, but any will do the trick. Been forever since I've used a Paladin; the Thundercat and Chillfog builds work really well with Glass of Pain and a priest :)

Caeyrii

Caeyrii

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 59 posts

I'm curious to why Defender isn't in either iteration of Tank of Pain.

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13316 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Basically because it's crap I guess. ;)

Now seriously: it surpresses Savage Attack and lowers your deflection, only giving you +2 engagement slots. Hold the Line would be better - if you want to do anything with engagement that is - which is a quite meh approach though. You can totally ignore any talents and abilites around engagement and be totally fine in my opinion.  

• AndreaColombo likes this

Lampros

Lampros

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1245 posts

As promised, here are some observations from my last play through:

• Triggered Immunity is a much better ability than I had initially thought. I gave it a spin and found it triggered more often than expected, making my character immune to the most immediate source of damage. It is a fine addition to any variant of this build, and I'd suggest taking it.
  • Charge is basically the Fighter version of Flagellant's Path, and it deals a boatload of damage when your MIG's pumped. Being able to reach priority targets immediately and without a care for engagement or any physical obstacles has proven invaluable, to the point I now favor this ability over Sundering Blow. If you have two Fighters in your party, it might be a good idea to have Charge on one and Sundering Blow on the other—you never know when that -8 DR comes in handy—but if the Lady of Pain is your only Fighter, Charge is too good to pass.
  • Potion of Llengrath's Displaced Image is an incredibly powerful consumable that I'd been iniquitously neglecting. +25 Deflection and +20 Reflex are a massive boost during tough fights; used in conjunction with Crowns for the Faithful, it can provide a whopping +50 Deflection at the beginning of the fight. It doesn't stack with Scroll of Defense, of course, but the latter still has value for everyone else in the party (and you get an extra +5 Deflection and +20 Reflex from the potion.) Totally worth having in your quick slots.
  • Runner's Wounding Shot is good, but I found myself using it a lot less than I thought I would. Hobbled is a great affliction, but for as long as I have Knock Downs left, I'm gonna use those because prone enemies can't fight back. Once my Knock Downs are gone, I can usually get away with brute-forcing who's left and rarely need Runner's Wound Shot (however this might be due to my having Edér around for he, too, had this talent; things might be different if the LoP was the only one around that had it.) Many valid alternatives can be considered depending on your play style (Quick Switch or the damage vs. creature type talents being the most obvious candidates.)
  • The Annihilation enchant appears to be actually working correctly, thus making the Lord of the Crits variant fully viable from right now. Rejoice!
Additionally, I have been following the discussion over Braven's excellent Fighter build, the Glass Tsunami. This inspired me to creating a fourth variant of the Lady of Pain, which I call—

Glass of Pain
Anything not explicitly mentioned below is to be considered unchanged from the build on post 96.

Attribute Scores

Spoiler
Talents & Abilities

Spoiler

Equipment

Spoiler
When all is said and done (and Champion's Boon is cast), this build's DR will look like this:

MU5Nrb7.jpg

and all healing it receives will be increased by 169% (84% MIG + 60% Survival resting bonus + 25% Belt of Bountiful Healing). This means most enemies will hit for minimum damage all the time, and by the time they hit again, Constant Recovery will have ticked and healed you for 22-23 points of Endurance. For enemies who hit harder, there's Triggered Immunity. Voilà!

Does Runner's Wounding Shot work with melee weapons or do you need to switch to a ranged weapon?

Also, can I just replace the 2H related talents and weapons in this build with their dual wield equivalents?

Anyways, this is the closest build to the type of Fighter I want - lots of DPS and yet sturdy and can do quite a bit of CC as well.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5286 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Does Runner's Wounding Shot work with melee weapons or do you need to switch to a ranged weapon?

Also, can I just replace the 2H related talents and weapons in this build with their dual wield equivalents?

Going by memory, "Runner's Wounding Shot" works in melee as well (I definitely never switch to ranged with the LoP and wouldn't put a ranged-only talent in the build.)

And yes, you can definitely replace 2H talents with DW talents if you'd rather dual-wield :)

• Lampros likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13316 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Runner's Wounding Shot does work with melee weapons.

• Lampros likes this

Lampros

Lampros

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Going by memory, "Runner's Wounding Shot" works in melee as well (I definitely never switch to ranged with the LoP and wouldn't put a ranged-only talent in the build.)

And yes, you can definitely replace 2H talents with DW talents if you'd rather dual-wield :)

Runner's Wounding Shot does work with melee weapons.

Got it; thanks, guys!

Stonebridge809

Stonebridge809

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 48 posts
Just started tank of pain build, looks really interesting. What would be a good main tank option for this guy, as this looks like will be my off tank (should I dual wield vs bosses) or when tanking isn't needed. The buffs a paladin tank bring look good but not sure if Thier the best for getting agro or whether the barb golden build would b good with ACC reducing shouts.
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users