Total War: Warhammer

i would love it to get it day one if its not CA and their DLC for everyting policy :(

I don't get it, these games are always huge without the DLC additions.  

edit:  They are also typically super buggy, which is why I won't get it day 1.  :p

Edited by Hurlshot

• 3 weeks later...

Dark I tried to get into HOMM 5 but the AI kept cheating  and I kept losing battles ...I think my game had a virus?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad after Alpha Protocol (due to the Aliens: Crucible cancellation) i vowed I would never pay full price for a Sega game. So I guess I wait until it's for sale for 10 euros. See you in 2 years, Total War: Warhammer!

• Like 2

Hate the living, love the dead.

Apparently the forest there will be impassable until game 2? not sure how are they treating that part but it was confirmed that elves will appear in game two, which will also expand on the world map and gameplay features

BTW, not entirely related, but it seems that Valve wants to have "hats" in warhammer theme for DotA 2 :D

http://www.joindota.com/en/news/38942-warhammer-themed-treasure-in-dota-you-better-believe-it-eta-september

Edited by Darkpriest
  • Like 1

I suppose I'll give it a go. Feels like they are in no way changing their minds about making it a platform for DLC ripoffs though. Chaos bit them in the ass so they had to give it away for free, but other races, these are still things you are going to need, not cosmetics and more than likely they will  be 19,9999 £ a piece. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

well there will be DLCs for sure, they even have a blog spot on it.  It seems that there will be some balance of Free DLC and DLC, so you will still be getting new toys to keep the game fairly fresh, for free, but I assume that the DLC stuff will be more fleshed out and there is a huge amount of lore to be filled by possible scenarios, campaigns unit packs, lords etc.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_WARHAMMER_Future_Content_Blog

Edited by Darkpriest

I suppose I'll give it a go. Feels like they are in no way changing their minds about making it a platform for DLC ripoffs though. Chaos bit them in the ass so they had to give it away for free, but other races, these are still things you are going to need, not cosmetics and more than likely they will  be 19,9999 £ a piece. 

On the plus side at least we're getting the authentic Games Workshop tabletop experience :p 

Meh, still just the assembly kit - meaning that any modding is basically just reskins. Wake me up when they reintroduce proper modding, so we can see a LOTR mod in the new engine.

Fortune favors the bald.

And Sega - they've got a bad case of the DLC micro transaction fever and modding makes people play your old games instead of the new ones on day 1.

Fortune favors the bald.

Welp thanks for he videos in this thread I have preordered this awesome looking game. Straight fresh fish when it comes to rts (if u don't count the 15 mins I played of Starcraft 2 at my friends house).

Looks totally awesome and a brand new style of game for me to play.

Welp thanks for he videos in this thread I have preordered this awesome looking game. Straight fresh fish when it comes to rts (if u don't count the 15 mins I played of Starcraft 2 at my friends house).

Looks totally awesome and a brand new style of game for me to play.

Well, hope you will not be dissapointed, Total war is not your common RTS, it have some grand strategy elements

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"