Total War: Warhammer

well from the in engine we can expect the types of terrain, and general unit models (just not all animations) also the level of polish and filter are better than what you will see in the final game, but I like that there seem to be underground battle map and what's more i loved the fortress that was shown there. it was like three layers of walls so siege battle can be interesting.

Obviously the difference between the game and the trailer will be similar to what you saw between black pass in-engine trailer and gameplay footage at the least.

Edited by Darkpriest

I don't like. I don't like it at all. I'm active on their boards and the popular request was for a title like Total War: 1914

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't like. I don't like it at all. I'm active on their boards and the popular request was for a title like Total War: 1914

I don't know... it gets kinda of tricky when yo move to 20th century... it's an era of dominant artilery, air force and mechanized units... the trench wars of WW I do not really look too appealing.

The last Samurai in the Shogun 2 is the fine border IMO and even there I thought that some arty units and off map bombard calls start to be a bit too strong and take away from the tactical gameplay.

lets see how they can pull off the flying units, "magic bombardment" and various logn range arty, and mechanized units in small amounts in the TW:Warhammer title. If it will be running nicely I won't mind if they would try the WW I era, but it will completely shift the balance on the units level on the battlefield.

There are plenty of historical settings that would fit better than 1912 imo, but I really wish they would bring back mod support. So we can get a new Third Age in the new engine.

CA have lost the ability to make a balanced, good or even playable single player experience it seems with their complete lack of good AI. Or at least I haven't been able to enjoy it since Medieval 2. So I have little hope for this title either.. But mods usually fix it to the point of playability, so perhaps in a 3 years when its on sale.

Fortune favors the bald.

I wonder how they can make combat visually bearable.

It was already awkward even when every unit fought with bayonets.

With the sheer variety of monsters and weapons melee could end-up looking like a ridiculous puppet dance.

I can only hope that they will make it good enough... They added a lot of new 3D skeletons and animations, etc. one of the reasons why on the release we will get only 4 races with some subfactions (?), and no sea combat, and the whole package will be released over 3 games, which each will be expanding on the playable map and races, which are rumored to reach the full 15 or even 16.

I HOPE that they are able to pull it off as I love both Warhammer and Warhammer 40k franchise and a big part of me suffers knowing that there is no good RPG in any of them (looks hopefully at Obsidian)

Are Skaven in? If they are, I might maybe consider this game. If not, then meh.

Not in the first part.

This one will feature:

Empire

Dwarfen kingdoms

Vampire Counts

Orcs

still unknown in what capacity chaos will be presented, but probably not playable hordes and in game events.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want lizardmans :(

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Leave 40k to relic guys please.... and pure RTS theme...

eh, isn't relic dead?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

we do like 40k, but the best warhammer strategy/tactical combat games we ever played were shadow o' the horned rat and dark omen.  

the warhammer fantasy setting has considerable nostalgia appeal for us. heck, we got a box o' old white dwarf mags in the attic.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I demand Total War: Warhammer 40,000!

No.

That turd-of-a-setting has too many PC games already, give FB a chance for change.

Mr Trulez, i'd advise you not to read the "End Times" Warhammer novels, if WFB is close to your heart.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Leave 40k to relic guys please.... and pure RTS theme...

eh, isn't relic dead?

They were sold to Sega, but are still a thing. I mean they are still releasing regularly content for CoH2.

So Sega basically has CA and Relic

Edited by Darkpriest

• 3 weeks later...

Squeee!!!!

EDIT: Although I do not like the idea that CW ARE the pre-order incentive... they should be there for the release and pre-order incentive should be like some additional lords.

EDIT 2: They have nice collector's editions, but I never buy them myself :D

http://www.totalwar.com/games/total-war-warhammer-high-king-edition

Edited by Darkpriest

Chaos a pre-order incentive?  What the ****?  Chaos is a critical part of the setting.  Any version of this game that does not include chaos is flat out incomplete.  This is really low, even for SEGA, they just keep finding ways to become an even scummier company.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 5

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks