Total War: Warhammer

I am so hyped for this game... If only we could get some sweet RPG in this setting... IT HAS SO MUCH TO OFFER... (wink at Obs, wink HARD - it has badass dwarves, so you have to make it :D)

Now, I think it was very cool from the CA to explain some bits about various terms when it comes to video presentation...

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/160022-About-our-trailers-and-what-quot-in-engine-quot-and-quot-gameplay-quot-mean.

Now, If anyone missed the announcement CGI... it is till here for you :p

and here is what they call In-engine trailer (super cool one), which definition you can find in the forum website link above...

enjoy..

I personally cannot wait long enough for this game :D a must buy, even with dubious DLC policies of Sega/CA in their most recent TW titles.

Edited by Darkpriest

• 2 weeks later...

Presentation demo from the E3.

It looks much more real to the game than the failed hype Rome 2 video of siege of Carthage, that later backlashed at CA:

It looks really awesome, the only thing it misses is the dwarves marching out of the mountain and slaying orcs.

They are doing cavalry wrong, again. The Warg riders are just pulling up next to the crossbowmen looks like and hacking away like they were infantry.  

well on the "benefit of doubt" side, they said that they are now focusing on cavalry fights, charges and overall impact mechanics, so one can hope it will get better further down the line.

Man, the series have really taken a different route than I'd expected back in the days of Shogun heh.

Looks all right, but seeing this really makes me sad they've ditched modding, a Third Age mod would be pretty rad with some of these new additions - like heroes and spells.

Fortune favors the bald.

Having recenttly smashed through an Orc band at Black Fire Pass in Shadow of the Horned Rat, i've got to say that I was not very impressed with that demonstration at all.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I am missing gore

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Man, the series have really taken a different route than I'd expected back in the days of Shogun heh.

Looks all right, but seeing this really makes me sad they've ditched modding, a Third Age mod would be pretty rad with some of these new additions - like heroes and spells.

Well, they are not ditching modding, they are simply not creating tools for modding with this game, and it has something to do with GW WH franchise deal... it would be odd that every other game they released supports mods but suddenly they would decide on their own that they will not be supporting modding anymore, right?

Having recenttly smashed through an Orc band at Black Fire Pass in Shadow of the Horned Rat, i've got to say that I was not very impressed with that demonstration at all.

I do not recall how it looked,, i guess I will take a look at some lets play vid if available.

EDIT: found one:

you have a very odd to me perception when it comes to comparing the two battles.... the SOTH one is a small skirmish, while the one in the TW:WH demo shows large armies with a lot of special units and some high level spells in a scripted sequence...

Edited by Darkpriest

I am missing gore

Blood and Gore DLC around a month after launch, as always... CA will never raise their base game rating to "Mature" rating and that is what would happen if it would get shipped in the main game.

I heard that they are doing that but come on, its WH, you have giants eating people, dont see reason to exclude blood anyway

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I do not recall how it looked,, i guess I will take a look at some lets play vid if available.

EDIT: found one:

you have a very odd to me perception when it comes to comparing the two battles.... the SOTH one is a small skirmish, while the one in the TW:WH demo shows large armies with a lot of special units and some high level spells in a scripted sequence...

The micromanagement needed in TW seemed inferior, the troops were not used efficiently, the enemy was hardly delayed or bogged down in any serious manner and the flanking maneuver was so blatant and poorly implemented as to hardly have an effect. I really don't see what Total Warhammer has on SotHR other than a larger scope, better UI and graphics. I'm afraid that i'm still not impressed.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Doesn't look very good imo. They try to create an epic battle, but the video is very mediocre when it comes to that. It works for Rome 2 and such, because of the small units, but this Warhammer now... nope. Besides, to me it looks like just a simple reskin of what we already have (except for the added magic effects). Other than that, I can see exactly the same ai pattern as ever before and this "we are still tweaking cavalry" ... lel. Best joke. Really, it's CA-- the combat will mostly stay exactly how it is right now. Everyone who expects huge changes in this area is far away from reality.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Until they finally optimize it after 10 patches :p

And mods to make it fairly fun to actually play rather than tediously mediocre.

Its a shame they took such a dive after Empire (or Shogun 2 some would argue), they seem very incompetent with this newer engine.

Fortune favors the bald.

Until they finally optimize it after 10 patches :p

And mods to make it fairly fun to actually play rather than tediously mediocre.

Its a shame they took such a dive after Empire (or Shogun 2 some would argue), they seem very incompetent with this newer engine.

TBH I wonder how modders will tackle this title without the official mod support. There are so many new skeletons + there will be aerial units and spells...

That reminds me that I should DL mod for MW2 :D

My thoughts exactly.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

• 2 weeks later...

I will gladly wait for this game to come out...read some reviews and wait for some time. Total War games are usually a bug ridden mess when they come out, and i got burrned too much.

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

• 3 weeks later...