Heart of Fury murdering my rogue haha! What gives?

I was doing the pirate bounty and finished off the bounty but not before my rogue was one shotted twice by heart of fury....is that suppose to happen?  The combat log had the barbarian attacking for like over 20 times.  11 hits, a few grazes some what crits...lol what gives?

Have gun will travel.

Try a different rogue build...

Barbarians are tough, and heart of fury is their level 11 ability.

Blind them, prone them, flank them, change your rogue, etc...

There are lot's of ways to deal with barbarians.

Single them out to deal with right away with your party before any other enemies if your rogue can't survive against them.

I think it depends: if you're surrounded by friends and the barbarian uses "Heart of Fury", he will hit every char with a full attack and every hit will trigger carnage that hits you and your friends. So if you are a group of let's say four guys surrounding a barbarian and he dual wields, you and your friends will each be hit by two normal attacks and six additional carnage attacks. If he hits you first for about 20 damage, you can forecast that another 20+12+12+12+12+12+12 will follow. That means 112 damage... and then imagine some of those are crits...

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Very nice. I'm not sure if you're a melee or ranged rogue. I found that spamming Blinding Strike and Crippling strike helps to take down a single target in seconds. If you're melee, you get 2 hits for each ability use (if you're dual weilding). Meaning you can open up with something like this:

Blinding Strike - 2 hits

Crippling Strike - 2 hits

Crippling Strike - 2 hits

That's 6 hits and if you have a high crit rate, you can count on 2-3 of the hits being critical. I would imagine this would take down that barbarian quite fast.

Right. When you dual wield sabres or other one handed weapons which have just average speed, this turns out to be even better because Blinding Strike, Crippling Strike an Withering Strike all result in full attacks, which means you will strike with both weapons very fast. The normal weapon speed doesn't matter. I had two hearth orlan rogues with deathblows, one dual wielded sabres (purgatory and resolution) the other battle axes (edge of reason and we toki). They always engaged the same enemy and spammed these special strikes. What can I say? Thaos was dead in seconds and here had even better abilities than heart of fury. ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Right. When you dual wield sabres or other one handed weapons which have just average speed, this turns out to be even better because Blinding Strike, Crippling Strike an Withering Strike all result in full attacks, which means you will strike with both weapons very fast. The normal weapon speed doesn't matter. I had two hearth orlan rogues with deathblows, one dual wielded sabres (purgatory and resolution) the other battle axes (edge of reason and we toki). They always engaged the same enemy and spammed these special strikes. What can I say? Thaos was dead in seconds and here had even better abilities than heart of fury. ;)

Apparently a player 4 shot Thaos with this build: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/79744-tcs-rogue-dw-sabre-4-shot-thaos-1-bs-1-cs/

I'm currently using a similar build and can say things die extremely fast.

• 2 weeks later...