Tactical Meld and Borrowed Instinct questions

1) Do these cipher abilities stack with each other, and with other accuracy buffs?

2) Does Tactical Meld keep applying for the duration as long as you and the ally are attacking the same target, even if you both switch to a different target than you all started attacking?

3) Say your ally throws in an AoE spell. Will the effect be interrupted, and will it continue when he starts attacking the same target again?

I have taken Ring Leader (which I haven't even used yet; haven't had a really tough fight in a while) and Borrowed Instincts on Grieving Mother, and I'm liking Borrowed Instincts, but I'm debating between Tactical Meld and Detonate for my third ability. PoTD difficulty, full party.

Edit: Holy crap, I think I've answered at least one of my questions. I took Tactical Meld, and not only does it appear to stack with Borrowed Instincts, but you can apply it just before combat starts and still start combat with full focus! Then open combat with Borrowed Instincts, and that focus gain is insane, and all the subsequent abilities that will land and very likely crit. I'm also especially glad that my party's Stealth is high so I can pull this off frequently with ease. I'm casting it on Kana, in case the ally casting spells that cancel his attack target would interrupt the effect.

Edited by Nobear
  • Like 1

I have two ciphers and I use tactical meld and borrowed instincts on both. Helps a lot against bosses like the adra dragon and can be combined with a marking weapon. So you get +50 acc when you target the same enemy with the two ciphers. They both also work with ectopsychic echo when you use the same ally to cast echo on and then target the same enemy with both beams.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Also please don't take detonate, its crap unless you solo.

It's great if you have a tank with high defense values so he doesn't get hit by the detonation. :-)

Oh the explosion does friendly fire? :( That brings me back to a question I asked in another thread, which is how to make effective use of Ringleader. The two times I've tried it, it was too effective, as it controlled literally everyone, and after a second or so they all broke control at the same time. Is it pretty much only going to work effectively if you cast it from stealth when the enemies aren't bunched up yet?

Also please don't take detonate, its crap unless you solo.

It's great if you have a tank with high defense values so he doesn't get hit by the detonation. :-)

Oh the explosion does friendly fire? :( That brings me back to a question I asked in another thread, which is how to make effective use of Ringleader. The two times I've tried it, it was too effective, as it controlled literally everyone, and after a second or so they all broke control at the same time. Is it pretty much only going to work effectively if you cast it from stealth when the enemies aren't bunched up yet?

You can control where to cast it, no? Just cast on the edge of the bunch, so you only hit half of them.

@Boeroer

It isn't even necessarily because of friendly, even though my cipher always ends up with enough accuracy to hit my tanks, but because the skill isn't that good since only one enemy explodes.