Does Reinforcing Exhortation stack with Deflection items?

I am asking because I am playing Trial of Iron and cannot reload if I take it.  I know the chanter buff  that buffs deflection does not stack with deflection rings and suppresses it.  Granted Reinforcing exhortation is +25 so it would still give you +15 extra deflection but that's definitely not that same as the full + 25. 

Have gun will travel.

I am asking because I am playing Trial of Iron and cannot reload if I take it.  I know the chanter buff  that buffs deflection does not stack with deflection rings and suppresses it.  Granted Reinforcing exhortation is +25 so it would still give you +15 extra deflection but that's definitely not that same as the full + 25. 

I don't know the answer, but I do recall a discussion that chants are considered items for the purposes of stacking, when thematically it would make more sense for them to be considered spells. I'd like to know the answer to your question too, though.

Spell and Ability Bonuses should always stack with Equipment Bonuses, so Reinforcing Exhortation should work with your equipment.

I have no idea why bonuses from Chants would be considered Equipment Bonuses. I don't doubt that they do, I trust Nobear and Boeroer, I just ask myself why the hell they do.

Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

Spell and Ability Bonuses should always stack with Equipment Bonuses, so Reinforcing Exhortation should work with your equipment.

I have no idea why bonuses from Chants would be considered Equipment Bonuses. I don't doubt that they do, I trust Nobear and Boeroer, I just ask myself why the hell they do.

Yeah, let's keep saying "Why the hell does it work that way" and maybe, just maybe, a dev will read it and pass it on and it'll be changed :p.

• Like 2

Ya don't get wrong chanters are definitely good but I think what makes them good is there summons mostly and the fact they have very good deflection.  So mid and late game they start to become good tanks.  Some of the incantations are good but some of them counting as buffs like equipment really sucks.

Have gun will travel.

Ya don't get wrong chanters are definitely good but I think what makes them good is there summons mostly and the fact they have very good deflection.  So mid and late game they start to become good tanks.  Some of the incantations are good but some of them counting as buffs like equipment really sucks.

Yeah, the phantom, the Killers Froze Stiff, Sure-Handed Ila, those are examples of some great abilities, but chants counting as equipment needs to change.

There's another thread about improving chanters. One of the simple suggestions I like is to make higher level chants as short as the low level ones, so you don't have to sacrifice chanting power for invocation power as you level, or vice versa.

Yeah, let's keep saying "Why the hell does it work that way" and maybe, just maybe, a dev will read it and pass it on and it'll be changed :p.

Actually, I stumbled across this just now: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/80676-kana-chants-turn-off-enchanted-objects-is-this-suppose-to-happen/

Apparently it's a confirmed bug and it's been fixed internally, so come 2.0, Chants should no longer count as Equipment.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

Actually, I stumbled across this just now: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/80676-kana-chants-turn-off-enchanted-objects-is-this-suppose-to-happen/

Apparently it's a confirmed bug and it's been fixed internally, so come 2.0, Chants should no longer count as Equipment.

Ooh nice! I hope they fix Herald while they're at it. It apparently stacks for some people, but not for me (after combat has started). But the chant fix should keep those level 1 chants useful as good fillers between a high level one.

• Like 1