Most Powerful Class?

There are three classes on the LS and DS. I want to know which is the most powerful? Jedi Master and Sith Lord? The Jedi Master is want i want to be, but i read about it and it doesn't seem to be very powerful with a lightsaber.

"Powerful" is subjective.

I've read how some people killed Malak by making a super lightsabre user... then proceeded to run around hitting him then running off to heal..

I made a consular and just slapped him around with Force Wave... didn't have to heal once.

There are three classes on the LS and DS. I want to know which is the most powerful? Jedi Master and Sith Lord? The Jedi Master is want i want to be, but i read about it and it doesn't seem to be very powerful with a lightsaber.

Powerful is all a matter of perspective. Where were you reading about the Jedi Master? Lightsaber wise there is no real difference. If you are talking the bonus KoToR gave for full light vs. full dark then for me they really didn't make that much difference they were just a nice bonus.

It's so sad when people say they want to play a class but then they are afraid it isn't the most powerful one. :) Kinda missing the whole point of an RPG. I mean it's a single player game so you don't have to worry about PKing. And if combat is easy in KOTOR2 as in KOTOR then a "blind tach with one arm and a rusty knife" could finish it. B)

If you're only concern is being powerful with the lightsaber you'd want to be a guardian and then a Sith marauder or Jedi weapon master. If you want a balance then mix and match them. Sorry but there is no Demi-god class where you are a weapon master and Jedi master rolled into one. It's called balance.

Well based on the PnP book, it looks like the "Jedi Master" is more balanced between force and lightsabre.

I think what you're looking for is that Super"Guardian" class (can't remember the name)

Jedi Master: (Consular-type) Regenerates force power more quickly, and can inspire companions and followers.

Jedi Watchman: (Sentinel-type) Generally super abilities with the force and control over the lightsaber.

Jedi Weapon Master: (Guardian-type) Lightsaber deflection and pain threshold increased, and does more saber damage.

Sith Assassin: Mastery of stealth and camouflage.

Sith Lord: Mastery of corrupting the wills of others.

Sith Marauder: Mastery of weapons and increased pain threshold.

Which one do you think is the best then? or balanced best? I really want to be a Jedi master though.

I personally think full on consulars are the best. Forget lightsaber combat. Why don't you just mix and match as I suggested. Be a Guardian, reach a good level then become a Jedi Master. Assuming you can do this. I don't know what kind of limitations their placing on prestige classes.

One thing I can say though is that in KOTOR I had so many force points it was hard to run out. I had more than 200. And force regeneration in KOTOR was already pretty fast. And inspiring followers isn't very useful when you are dueling alone. Which I'm sure you will with the end boss.

I wonder if you can switch classes.

??? Uh yeah you go from one of the three starting classes to one of the prestige classes. But as I said I don't know what limits are being placed on prestige classes. I'm relatively certain they'll let a guardian become a Jedi Master. There will probably just be some stat requirements or something.

Guest Michael Chu

"It is obvious this contest will not be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills with a lightsaber." :)

Well, i am still undecided on which way to go. I want to be a JM, but if it is not that strong with the lightsaber than don't know if i want to be one.

If you want to be a Master (for the name) then I'm afraid you're going to have to accept their limitations too. I don't think they'll be bad with a lightsaber just not as good as a Weapon Master. In fact, WM sounds cool - pretend you're Mace Windu and you're all set. ;)

The most balanced prestige class is the Watchman.

I'll probably take Consular --> Sith Lord!

I'll probably take Consular --> Sith Lord!

in EGM it says Sith Lords can "crush enemies wills and corrupt minions"

sold

yeah, me too. That's how a Sith Lord should be.

Can't wait to find out.

"It is obvious this contest will not be decided by our knowledge of the Force, but by our skills with a lightsaber." ;)

:p

Duku was a punk. Just didn't want to admit that if he kept up hi pretty force lighting Yoda would have kicked his butt. So Yoda showed him what a real lightsaber fight was.

Side note I hope Mace Kills Duku in the next movie.