Educated guess on expansion release date?

Hi! I've started to play POE shortly after the initial release (never heard of it before), but it lost it's appeal soon, mostly due to repetitive fighting - beetles and cultists killed it for me. Not to forget unimmersive stats that encourage minmaxing at the cost of immersion.

I would like to give it a new shot now that I've seen the cool new features for the expansion / 2.0 patch. But I've only read "soon" regarding the release date.

Do you guys have any insight what this could mean? How early did they announce stuff back in the beta?

I'm concerned that it might take quite a while still. They said there might be a beta before release, which also isn't announced yet and will probably last at least 3 weeks. And I guess they will announce the release at least a month before, for some hype to build up and to allow for some advertising.

Anyone thinking it could be available before September? Is even that realistic?

Also to consider: A beta would be kinda pointless if they announced the release date beforehand - why test stuff if you can't react on major flaws?

To do it properly, they would have to:

Announce the beta

Wait 2 weeks for news to spread, hype to build up and for players to be interested in POE again

Let the beta run for at least 2 weeks

React to strong criticism with a hotfix (at least 1 week development)

Wait for players to test the hotfix - 1 week

Ideally, see that you achieved a releaseable state

Announce the expansion release date, then add another 4 weeks for polish/final work and for hype to build

Release after 10 weeks total (ideally, only 1 hotfix necessary)

This really leaves me with the question whether I should start my second attempt now or bother waiting..,     ;(