Would you like to get arrested.....

Darkpriest

I don't know why they would need to stage anything on a ride-along.  Your average patrol is going to be pretty boring no matter what.  I know you think most cops roam the streets knocking over old ladies and roughing up shopkeepers, but that is probably only done on special occasions.   thumbsup.gif

They don't need to, but I'm always wary of PR when it comes to organizations, especially something like the police, get the chance to put on a show. Also it was a comment on my local police department. No, I don't think cops roam around roughing people up (pretty sure the wannabe soldier ones wish they would), not sure why you think I would even if you are as close as we have to a bootlick for cops. Just that they routinely get away with crap unless there's video of them blowing away someone needlessly or have funny things like an idiot cop speeding with no seatbelt on getting a hero's funeral.

Malc why do you think it would be staged? How do you think your cops behave off the public limelight?

Eh, the Toronto PD don't have a stellar reputation with the public, what with their insistence carding black and brown people is The Way and leftover from their little adventures during the G20 here. Given that and Canadian police lacking élan, that's why they'd do some ham fisted staging.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

We get it, you have authority issues.  That's really special.   :thumbsup:

I didn't know it was time for our regular 'cops are bad, m'kay' thread.  Time flies when you are discussing ethics in journalism and Bill Cosby, I guess.  

It wasn't, I was talking about my local PD, but apparently you have difficulties parsing that much. Don't get knotted up if someone shoots back, after all.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It wasn't, I was talking about my local PD, but apparently you have difficulties parsing that much. Don't get knotted up if someone shoots back, after all.

to be fair, immediate after you claimed that you were making observations 'bout your local pd, you then broke out some amusing generalizations that could easily be taken as condemnations o' cops en masse.

in any event, having worked at a juvenile detention facility wherein the "residents" were treated with kid gloves, we shudder to imagine the level o' masochism required to enjoy a typical adult arrest.  have personal managed to avoid the indignity o' adult arrest, if only by a hair's breadth. not matter if helen o' troy were your arresting officer, chances are you is gonna wanna forget your experience asap. 

and we highly recommend avoiding a friday night arrest.  being arrested and processed is bad enough, but the possibility o' spending a weekend in jail with real criminals should be enough to discourage stoopid behavior by ordinary and sane folks... unless you is a fsu football player.

oh, and if your super-model cop is a k-9 unit officer, do not run.  wanna make the arrest fun via a chase?  don't. the dogs is nasty and they don't read the Constitution or newspaper articles and they don't give a damn what color is your skin.  

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)